Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gridlocked posted:

I for one plan on stringing together a pile of android brains and using them to do the math that lets me play a game about hitting imaginary elves with sticks.

friend, have you heard about Toddcoin

ok I'm done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CirclMastr posted:

Apparently in the future, we're going to be torn between buying a fully-functional android or upgrading our GPU.
Can I plug a HDMI cable and a USB controller into my android and play video games through them? Because if so, two birds, one stone.

Seriously though, I still find it kind of hard to believe that that guy managed to save up enough cash to buy an android instead of immediately spending it on drugs, booze and mayonnaise. And the rest of the world (that we've seen so far) seems way too close to the present day for lifelike androids to be that cheap.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
He financed Kara. Thats why there's those past due notices on the counter.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
"Hmmmmmmmmm. I don't like when my robot finds my drugs or other illegal things and get very antsy when she does... I know! I'll tell her to clean my room. Surely there can't be anything in there I don't want her to see in my paranoia!"

Todd is not a smart man. Sure have her do the rest of the house, but maybe just hide you drugs in your room and tidy that area yourself. Problem solved!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

"Hmmmmmmmmm. I don't like when my robot finds my drugs or other illegal things and get very antsy when she does... I know! I'll tell her to clean my room. Surely there can't be anything in there I don't want her to see in my paranoia!"

Todd is not a smart man. Sure have her do the rest of the house, but maybe just hide you drugs in your room and tidy that area yourself. Problem solved!

But that would require doing things that robots are for yourself. Just out of the question, really.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So Todd's drug use drove his wife away. And he used to work as a taxi driver? I think it was something with driving.

Kara is a 400, David was a 600 and the 700s seem to be just coming out, so she was probably bought when Todd had a job and a wife, and then he lost his job to automated cars, took up drugs and drove his wife away. Did he pay to have Kara repaired, or was she under warranty? Maybe his wife pays child support.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 3 with Dan and Grace is now up, and all links are now polsy...ified? The point is you will be free of the inevitable slew of comments going "Where's Valorie?"

Also I swear to god I will get the audio balance right someday.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Given the nature of this game I thought you'd enjoy this special that the aforementioned show Humans did: The Replacement Synth

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Lance Henriksen's son is Bam Margera.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I need to know if anyone in the game ever earnestly implores someone else to "become human" in those exact words

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

BioEnchanted posted:

Given the nature of this game I thought you'd enjoy this special that the aforementioned show Humans did: The Replacement Synth

What's your opinion on the new season of Humans?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I haven't seen it. I may get around to it.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Huh, he wasn't kidding about the youtube comments being valorie related. I had to use youtube to post snarky comment about how the game audio is absent, along with his sister.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I promise I'll get the audio balance right someday. Sorry.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

CirclMastr posted:

I promise I'll get the audio balance right someday. Sorry.

Perhaps you could do a cut commentary version, because as it is it's basically Some Guy's Podcast overlaid on some random game.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Huh, I thought that watching Bryan Dechart (Connor's actor) play through this game with his fiancée who also had a role in the game which I won't mention at the moment because it would kinda be a spoiler would be the sole VA related stuff I would see with regards to Detroit, but I guess not. He's spun that into like 140k+ subscribers on Twitch, but he's finished the game now so we'll see how those numbers hold up.

Apparently, he and Clancy Brown ad libbed portions of their dialogue and had to fight David Cage to keep those bits in because he didn't like that they deviated from his script. Those tended to be some of the best parts though, the bromance felt more real there.

Looking forward to seeing more behind the scenes stuff and your reaction to when the trademark David Cage train wreck comes barreling down the tracks. I've watched enough play throughs of this game with the SBF and Bryan Dechart among others, plus the Giant Bomb Quick Look to know what's coming.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

This is very cool, reminds me of when they got the adviser/narrator to guest in one of the Majesty LP videos.

Which LP was that one done by?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Gideon020 posted:

Which LP was that one done by?

It was a joint LP by Coolguye, TheLastRoboKy and Orv where they'd each take turns playing different missions. The LP can be found here.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GhostStalker posted:

Apparently, he and Clancy Brown ad libbed portions of their dialogue and had to fight David Cage to keep those bits in because he didn't like that they deviated from his script. Those tended to be some of the best parts though, the bromance felt more real there.

We finally found the solution to David Cage games.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I love Clancy Brown in this game because it's so amazing to see a voice actor transition to stage (esque) acting so well. I would love to see him and Troy Baker to play dual leads in a game.

This is easily David Cage's best game, but it's unfortunate your sister's role becomes less and less thematically important as the game goes on. She's a good actress and I hope her career continues to take off!

(Idk exactly how mocap works, but if those facial tics and animations stem from your sister, please give her props from me! Kara's facial acting is very well done and I firmly believe that's difficult for a stage trained actor to fine tune)

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

GhostStalker posted:

Apparently, he and Clancy Brown ad libbed portions of their dialogue and had to fight David Cage to keep those bits in because he didn't like that they deviated from his script.
So Cage is basically French George Lucas but a bit more creepy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VolticSurge posted:

So Cage is basically French George Lucas but a bit more creepy.

The biggest obstacle to David Cage's games being good is David Cage. He has a relatively poor grasp of English and is very weird and creepy, so giving him control over anything without editors is a recipe for disaster.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

chitoryu12 posted:

The biggest obstacle to David Cage's games being good is David Cage. He has a relatively poor grasp of English and is very weird and creepy, so giving him control over anything without editors is a recipe for disaster.

Also doesn’t understand how american bathrooms work in that there isn’t one room for the commode and another, separate room for the shower

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In Indigo Prophecy, Detective Tyler can take a piss at the murder scene in the beginning of the game while his partner is investigating and it makes him lose health

Well that's my contribution

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

This game has so many well directed scenes and a lot of talent went into it, but the writing is still just awful. If QD kept getting this level of support from Sony and Cage had the decency to take a more background role they could probably make the best interactive-story-game ever. It's just that he won't. Everything you read being said by and about the guy makes him sound like a control freak who is convinced he's some great auteur and becomes frustrated if anyone else tries to bring in their own vision.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Can poo poo on David Cage all we want but at least he's actually responsible for games.

Unlike Chris Roberts who is arguably even worse.

:v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Danaru posted:

In Indigo Prophecy, Detective Tyler can take a piss at the murder scene in the beginning of the game while his partner is investigating and it makes him lose health

Well that's my contribution

You should get an achievement for peeing in every toilet in a David Cage game.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 4 with Coolguy joining me spends a lot of discussion time on red ice. Do you want to make your own fictional drugs? Maybe don't include face-melting acids in the list of ingredients. Unless you want to have a face-meltingly good time watching Dishonored or Dishonored 2 or Prey. Then you can watch his LPs while doing fictional drugs.

Also the audio balance should be fixed for this. Next up: fixing the bitrate. It's almost like I started this LP around my sister's availability and not my own technical preparedness. Thank you all for your patience.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
seriously, hydrochloric acid is one of only 7 acids on the planet that completely disassociates in aqueous solution. literally every single hydrogen in red ice is going to become H+ and burn the absolute gently caress out of any reactive surface, which, spoiler alert, is basically every wet surface in and on your body. and then you've also got a bunch of chlorine, Cl-, which is no picnic itself, either! at least use one of the literally dozens of weak acids! carbonic acid at least would've been both a weak acid that also at least PRETENDS to fit with the chemical formula for this poo poo you pasted up!

i'm not even gonna touch the fact that there's loving nail polish remover in it too, above and beyond the strong carcinogenic compound.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 4, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

BioMe posted:

This game has so many well directed scenes and a lot of talent went into it, but the writing is still just awful. If QD kept getting this level of support from Sony and Cage had the decency to take a more background role they could probably make the best interactive-story-game ever. It's just that he won't. Everything you read being said by and about the guy makes him sound like a control freak who is convinced he's some great auteur and becomes frustrated if anyone else tries to bring in their own vision.

I wonder if that's what Sony was attempting with Until Dawn.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

I wonder if David Cage knows the dramatic peak moment in Blade Runner was ad libbed?

...oh right.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BioMe posted:

I wonder if David Cage knows the dramatic peak moment in Blade Runner was ad libbed?

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/768231743941963784?lang=en

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

AceOfFlames posted:

I wonder if that's what Sony was attempting with Until Dawn.

Hidden Agenda feels a lot like it was going to be a bigger more fleshed-out game that got salvaged and chopped up to be a multiplayer experience.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Coolguye, you ever calm down long enough to maybe think that the game made a bullshit chemical compound in their game so morons don't try to replicate it and try it for real? Like in payday the meth lab level has you make meth, but the only ingredients are Oxygen, Hydrogen, Sodium and Chlorine. Which makes salt water.

Flip side I guess this isn't a great answer if some moron really does try to make Red Ice and ingests it.

Flip side again, that moron got what the deserve for being so dumb, #Darwinawards.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Thanks, I tried to find a link to the quote myself but kept finding other Cageisms instead and at that point it's like, how mad do I need to be this evening?

EDIT: Is there some kind of dedicated thread to talking about what an utter moron this guy is? At first when I read statements like him not only blanket denying his work being derivative of any other scifi movies/games* but also having the gall to accuse Ex Machina of being a ripoff of Detroit's tech demo... well, I figured he must have trying to make some kind of rivalry joke in context. Then I kept going deeper into the rabbit hole and goddamn

*He only ever name drops the top 3 that come up when you google "most notable scifi authors" (shame on interviewers for not digging deeper when he does that, you know there's some amazing material in his literary interpretations).

BioMe fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 5, 2018

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
Irregardless if its your actual last name from now one you are known to me as CriclMastrCurry

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is probably the best description of David Cage ever.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Jade Star posted:

Coolguye, you ever calm down long enough to maybe think that the game made a bullshit chemical compound in their game so morons don't try to replicate it and try it for real? Like in payday the meth lab level has you make meth, but the only ingredients are Oxygen, Hydrogen, Sodium and Chlorine. Which makes salt water.

Flip side I guess this isn't a great answer if some moron really does try to make Red Ice and ingests it.

Flip side again, that moron got what the deserve for being so dumb, #Darwinawards.

in a great example of something i didn't have time to say:

if your primary thought is making a safe chemical compound, you absolutely would not be putting the idea of loving around with hydrochloric acid or toluene in peoples' heads. both of those are dangerous enough on their own that they can cause disfiguring burns and chronic health problems, respectively. payday 2 also had people messing around with hydrochloric (muriatic acid is just another name for hydrochloric) but that was a game where you shoot cops and are making literal meth. the literal meth part alone gives them a pass on science since it's a real world drug, but even given that, the payday 2 thread here on SA, the subreddit, and the 4chan threads all had hearty lols about that from a chemistry perspective regardless. as did i.

chitoryu12 posted:

This is probably the best description of David Cage ever.

just checking because i'm not sure i'm following this properly: is this guy alleging that Cage said Detroit was different from Blade Runner (and, probably by extension, Phil K Dick's Electric Sheep) because you were supposed to empathize with the androids?

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 5, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Coolguye posted:

in a great example of something i didn't have time to say:

if your primary thought is making a safe chemical compound, you absolutely would not be putting the idea of loving around with hydrochloric acid or toluene in peoples' heads. both of those are dangerous enough on their own that they can cause disfiguring burns and chronic health problems, respectively. payday 2 also had people messing around with hydrochloric (muriatic acid is just another name for hydrochloric) but that was a game where you shoot cops and are making literal meth. the literal meth part alone gives them a pass on science since it's a real world drug, but even given that, the payday 2 thread here on SA, the subreddit, and the 4chan threads all had hearty lols about that from a chemistry perspective regardless. as did i.

just checking because i'm not sure i'm following this properly: is this guy alleging that Cage said Detroit was different because you were supposed to empathize with the androids?

Also if you're going to have a crime game where a job is making meth, you probably don't want to put the actual ingredients for Meth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Onmi posted:

Also if you're going to have a crime game where a job is making meth, you probably don't want to put the actual ingredients for Meth

I mean it worked for Space Station 13!