Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Burt Sexual posted:

Wouldn't a city/town end up with thousands of dominos ads everywhere? I mean after a while it would be completely annoying. Funny how desperate municipalities are to not raise taxes.

So im not sure what is avg for a city or whatever but last year i looked at the dallas budget for potholes and they allocated enough to fix under 5% a year lol. Like they just flat out said lol gently caress potholes, so it'll be ugly but at least it gets done, it wont be done at all otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I feel like they could actually get something done if dominoes had a person who relentlessly hounded the cities for damage done to their employees cars from lovely roads but lol.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Lol so to use dallas again which im sure isnt even the worst city, pretty loving bad but not the worst, the pothole budget is short by 799 million dollars over 4 years. That would only bring them up to a passing grade on roads lol or 80%. It costs $15-50 per pothole. This isnt even a drop in the bucket and dead cheap even if the city can do it way cheaper. Its pretty smart though dallas people are pissed and apparently local radio stations have been doing this too lol. Its actually pretty genious pr. Basically if every person in the city grabbed a shovel and filled a hole they would barely make a dent in the problem. Its hosed. I bet every major city is like this lol.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Big Beef City posted:

This is so stupid.

Just invent flying cars you idiots, you absolute dunderheads!

No joke dallas is investing heavily in those loving drones for people they plan to have them up by 2019 and automated by like 2022. I cant wait till idiots are yard darting those things into shopping malls.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Federal development money as it stands is basically a ponzi scheme where they'll pay out bigly for new developments but you gotta deal with maintenance yourself, american suburbs took full advantage of this in the 50s by building huge sprawling nonsense-towns that use space as inefficiently as possible that no one would ever want to visit for any reason except they live there. 50 years later these places can't possibly afford to maintain them because they only managed to build them with one-time grants. If any thought had been put in back then we wouldn't be in this mess but now its impossible to fix and basically will need to be abandoned or repurposed as things get worse. Honestly fixing a lot of them is throwing good money after bad, fixing up all the roads in unmaintainable poo poo town #445308 just punts the problem down the road another 30 years and helps comparatively few people compared to infrastructure work in desirable cities where people actually *want* to work and live. Like sure you can squeeze the local gas stations and convenience stores and maybe there's a walmart in town if you're lucky but it's kinda like, blood from a stone.

Its totally this, dallas is building like 5 freeways at any given time while they are about to tear down the main one i-35 in downtown because they didnt have the budget to even submit a proposal to fix it. Like they couldnt even study how much it would cost and now the freeway is past due and the wheels of governemenr couldnt move fast enough to save it even if they had the money.

The drat that holds back all the water that allows the city to even exist fractured and started shooting geysers 100 of yards from the the drat. They have no money to fix it so it has 24 hour watch every time it rains for the last 6 years or so. They put a tarp over the thing and walked away. The department of homeland security deemed the failure too catastrophic to publicly say how many people it would kill. Independent engineers put it at like 1.5 million people under 30 ft of water instantly so lol. The city wont pay because its a federal drat. Lord knows why the feds wont pay but they never agreed to so i kinda understand their position when the city does zero upkeep to the investment. The city would rather die than pay the bill, they voted to put in a new stadium haha. Good loving riddance honestly but pretty much every city is looking at a bleak rear end future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

They also have the cali chicken bacon ranch supreme a good pizza with ranch dressing on it. Sub the tomatoes for jalepenos though or its trash. Its weird like that.

• Locked thread