Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wouldn't a city/town end up with thousands of dominos ads everywhere? I mean after a while it would be completely annoying. Funny how desperate municipalities are to not raise taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DogonCrook posted:

So im not sure what is avg for a city or whatever but last year i looked at the dallas budget for potholes and they allocated enough to fix under 5% a year lol. Like they just flat out said lol gently caress potholes, so it'll be ugly but at least it gets done, it wont be done at all otherwise.

quote:

Domino's marketing campaign, Paving for Pizza, has had the company hiring work crews to repair five potholes in Burbank, California, eight in Bartonville, Texas, 40 in Milford, Delaware, and 150 holes in Athens, Georgia

From a CBS article, they barely are scratching the (road) surface. Unsurprisingly its all PR. I was misled by the OP!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Verisimilidude posted:

quick, how many brands are within your immediate vicinity

Vaseline
Dell

Over share

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Personally I like the campaign because it gets their product name out while shaming the US for its lovely infrastructure.

• Locked thread