Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?


Sergeant deWytte
AC: 18 | HP: 9/12 | PP: 14

Cocking her head to one side at the sound of demolition echoing up from downstairs, the Sergeant smiles. "I think we head down these and hopefully meet back up with Mokrul, from the sound of it. And we'll ask him about that padlock along the way." Leaving behind the skeleton in the chest for now, the Sergeant descends the stairs, heading towards the noises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

"I don't see anything, want to try another room?"

Noroco keeps eyeing the spooky doll warily.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Brother Sorin of the Ruby Rose

Sorin likewise looks at it, then says, "I think that for the best. It seems wrong to trouble this room any longer."

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules


Noroco & Sorin

You step inside another web-filled room that contains a slender bed, a nightstand, a rocking chair, an wardrobe, and a small iron stove.

Mokrul

Carefully you break away enough portions of the wall so that a person would be able to slip though and into the hidden staircase.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

Noroco slowly backs out of the room, staring at the doll the whole way and waiting for Sorin to exit before slowly closing the door. That accomplished he looks around and motions to the final non-padlocked door and opens it, trying to check for any traps or trip-wires at the door.

Investigation: 1d20 15 to search the room/search for traps.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.

Pillbug

Mokrul Verdant Allweather > 8 / 8 HP / 13 AC

Plot posted:

... a small alcove is revealed ... a tight spiral staircase leading downwards.

Plot posted:

Carefully you break away enough portions of the wall so that a person would be able to slip though and into the hidden staircase.

Sergeant deWytte posted:

... the Sergeant descends the stairs, heading towards the noises.
Thoroughly winded from the effort, Mokrul is leaning against the masonry of the fireplace by the time the sergeant arrives, using his sledgehammer as a makeshift cane to support his weight while he recovers. The sound of footfalls along the staircase draw his attention. "Oh." A pause for breath, "Welcome back, sergeant. Anything interesting going on upstairs? Just the usual down here, obviously." His words were hard to reconcile with the debris surrounding him and general state of destruction within, oh, give or take the precise length of his sledgehammer in a 90-degree arc from his position.


__________________________________________________________________________________________
Passive: Perception (16) / Investigation (16) / Insight (14) / Darkvision (60')
Effects: Inspiration / Concentration (taking a breather) / Stealth
Resources:: Hit Dice (1/1d8) / Arrow (20) / Iron key (library) / Jewelry box (bedroom) / House blueprint (floor 1/2/3)
Livestock: Chickens (12) / Chicken Feed (100 pounds)
Map / Journal
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?


Sergeant deWytte
AC: 18 | HP: 9/12 | PP: 14

Sergeant deWytte takes in the scene of destruction with a bland expression; only a slight quirk at the corner of her mouth lends a hint of her reaction. After a long moment, she responds, "No hostiles. Upstairs seems to be an attic, mostly storage. The entrance to this stairway was concealed behind a wall in one of the storage rooms. Oh, and more remains-- some poor soul was shoved into a chest, it seems. I left Roc and Sorin up there, still investigating; there's a padlocked door we didn't get a chance to check behind. Care to do some creative entry?" She hesitates. "Some more creative entry, I suppose."

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.

Pillbug

Mokrul Verdant Allweather > 8 / 8 HP / 13 AC

Sergeant deWytte posted:

"No hostiles. Upstairs seems to be an attic, mostly storage. The entrance to this stairway was concealed behind a wall in one of the storage rooms. Oh, and more remains-- some poor soul was shoved into a chest, it seems."
Mokrul seems more than a little disappointed upon hearing the news that an entrance to the stairway he 'found' was apparently hidden in the attic. He recomposes himself quickly enough, though, and responds, "Well, no new dangers is a good thing, at least." His eyes survey the scene of destruction around him once more, as if still processing the unnecessary and backbreaking labor.

Mokrul (the past) posted:

... he retrieves the iron key and attaches it to one of his belt loops, reasonably confident it would come in handy sooner or later.

Sergeant deWytte posted:

"I left Roc and Sorin up there, still investigating; there's a padlocked door we didn't get a chance to check behind. Care to do some creative entry?" She hesitates. "Some more creative entry, I suppose."
His spirits beginning to rekindle at the mention of a security system in need of circumvention, he comments, "Sure thing." A pause for breath, "Just ... give me a minute or two to catch my breath first." Reaching down to his belt, he retrieves the iron key he had 'rescued' from the library, and tosses it to the sergeant. "I found this during my rounds, maybe give it a try first? If it's for another door or something, picking a padlock isn't hard, I can deal with that." Clearly eyeing the winding marble staircase that leads up several floors, he explains, "Stairs, however, currently present a larger challenge." Another pause for breath, as he wipes some sweat from his brow. Only now does he think to retrieve his waterskin and begin to rehydrate himself. Motioning upstairs, he adds, "I'll catch up in a few minutes, promise."

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Passive: Perception (16) / Investigation (16) / Insight (14) / Darkvision (60')
Effects: Inspiration / Concentration (taking a breather) / Stealth
Resources:: Hit Dice (1/1d8) / Arrow (20) / Iron key (library) / Jewelry box (bedroom) / House blueprint (floor 1/2/3)
Livestock: Chickens (12) / Chicken Feed (100 pounds)
Map / Journal
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Waador fucked around with this message at Jun 30, 2018 around 16:55

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?


Sergeant deWytte
AC: 18 | HP: 9/12 | PP: 14

The sergeant weighs the key in her hand, feeling its weight, and nods. "Might be the one. I'll give it a shot. Be sure to stay hydrated and call if anything seems off." With that, she turns and climbs the stairs again, heading for the padlocked door.

Going to pick up the crew on the way to the door and try to unlock it.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules


Making her way back into the dusty attic deWytte unlocks the padlock and opens the sealed door. The room beyond contains a bricked-up window flanked by two dusty, wood-framed beds sized for children. Closer to the door is an open toy chest with windmills painted on its sides and a dollhouse that’s a perfect replica of the dreary edifice in which you stand. These furnishings are draped in cobwebs. Lying in the middle of the floor are two small skeletons wearing tattered clothing. A small, ragged doll lays on the ground near one.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


"Skinny" Erevan
Arrows: 117/120 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 16

Going into the room behind the sergeant, the Firbolg stops dead in his tracks when he spots the skeletons. "Even children? Oh, no..." His voice is soft, and there is a profound sadness to it, as his expression droops and he kneels near the skeletons, going silent in respect for the dead. "Poor, poor creatures..." he says, picking up the doll and studying it, "You deserved better."

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules


"Hey!" rings out a small voice in front of Erevan and deWytte. "Don't touch my doll!"

In front of the pair of you two figures slowly begin to form like a fog coalescing. The apparition of a small boy clutching a doll identical to the one Erevan touched huddles next to a taller, stern looking girl appears standing above the skeletons on the ground. The girl looks deWytte up and down, cocking her head from side to side. "So" she says, "Are you here to try and steal our things, or will you try take care of the monster? Because if you are here for the monster, you won't be able to kill it."

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

The light voices ring out and Noroco stops all movement. He looks around with his eyes toward Sorin, then begins to slowly back out of the room he was searching until he was in the middle of the hall, looking into the room with the ghost children, but otherwise not having changed his expression or posture.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


"Skinny" Erevan
Arrows: 117/120 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 16

The appearance of the ghostly children spooks him more than he cares to admit. He drops the doll, stumbles back a half-step, then catches himself; though he doesn't raise himself to his full height, instead remaining slightly crouched. "I'm sorry, small one," he says earnestly, "I meant no harm." He smiles gently - ghosts or not, they are still just children, and they are owed at least a calm voice, if nothing else. "The monster...what makes you say we can't kill it?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Brother Sorin of the Ruby Rose

Sorin follows Roc's lead, also noticing the ghost children. He whispers to the sorcerer, "Do you think we'll need to fight these ones too? I'd not relish the thought of crossing blades, metaphorical as they may be, with children."

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules


"You can't kill it. Daddy and Mummy had to lock it up in the basement and even they could not kill it, and Daddy hunted wolves." says the girl. Looking down at the skeleton at her feet she continues, "And people that have come into the house since go downstairs and never come back. We used to go ask for help, but it's pointless."

The boy sniffles and looks up at Sorin with pleading eyes. "Just ignore the monster and stay here. I'm so tired of being alone, I miss Mum and Dad."

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

Noroco slowly stands up, quirking his head to one side as he examines the apparitions. He leans to and fro, as though checking to make sure they are actually there. They seemed to be.

Their words did tug on his heart though, and he moved forward, kneeling down to be more level with the children. In the back of his mind he begins to list through things that would make sense - wolves surrounding the mayor's house, this family hunting wolves. What sort of monster would this be?

However to the front of his mind he puts on a confident smile, looking to each of the children.

"My name is Noroco Olvir. My comrades and I are Lions. Those people you asked for help? They went out and also asked for help, and they found us. We hunt all sorts of bandits and beasts," he pulls out his shield and uses prestidigitation to clean up the scuffs, making the golden lion shimmer with bright light, "Please, what sort of beast is it? If we know what it is, we can defeat it. A Golden Lion always gets its prey."

First I'm going to try and comfort the children, get them to trust us and believe in us. We aren't some scrub tier villager, we're Big drat Heroes with Big Shiny Shields and so forth. Hopefully, they'll tell us what the beast is or describe it further.

Persuasion (Comforting Children): 1d20+5 20

And if they do/if I can figure out based on context clues, I'll go ahead and roll Arcana to see if I know anything about this beast.

Arcana (Wolves?): 1d20+2 21

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules


"Mum and Dad never let us in the basement, they kept us upstairs away from it to keep us safe." says the boy. The girl nods and continues, "We could hear strange voices making a lot of noise. Sometimes there would be screams. Sometimes daddy would take a group of people downstairs, and they would come back missing some. Daddy said that they had beaten the monster back but it killed some of the people who helped them. We could hear terrible screams on those nights..."

Arcana: The children did not give you enough information to make any kind of educated guess as to what is in the basement.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

He turns to the others and shrugs, putting his hands up in a sign of 'I tried' before turning to the children, "Thank you for your help. We will deal with this problem once and for all, then maybe you will have peace."

Noroco stands up and cracks his knuckles, stretching out his fingers, "So to the basement then fellows? I think we will have the advantage, thanks to the knowledge that there will be something waiting for us. What do you think sergeant?"

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules


"No!" shrieks the boy, tears welling in his eyes. "I told you I didn't want to be alone anymore!". The girl fumes, staring daggers at the group and stammering out angrily, "You won't be able to kill it! Stop ignoring what I am saying!".

In an instant the two forms vanish and are replaced by floating clouds of some unknown substance, something like steam and smoke mixed together. The two forms shoot forward and quickly engulph Noroco and deWytte in a cloud!

Noroco and deWytte, make a Charisma saving throw!

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

Charisma Saving Throw: 1d20+5 10

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?


Sergeant deWytte
AC: 18 | HP: 9/12 | PP: 14

deWytte recoils; until now she had been quietly listening, leaving the child-soothing to other members of the squad. But this? This brought to mind horrible smothering nights under Waterdeep, wrestling for control not only of her mind but of the back alleyways and undercrofts.

I hate ghosts, she thinks as she steels her mind.

Charisma Save: 1d20+4 16

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules


The smoke around deWytte moves away, settling on the skeletons and slowly fading away. The smoke around Noroco however fades while still swirling around him. In the moment after Noroco can hear the girls voice ring out in his head "If you are not going to listen to me, then I will go with you to make sure that you kill the monster."

Noroco, you have been possessed! When the spirit joined you saw flashes of her life. You know her name is Rose and her brother is Thorn. She spent all of her life in this house, her parents would never let her or her brother leave as they said it was too dangerous. She died after her father had an arguement with her mother; after the fight the children were locked in their room until the died of starvation. You have gained following flaw: “I like being in charge and get angry when other people tell me what to do.”

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


"Skinny" Erevan
Arrows: 117/120 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 16

When the mist surges towards Roc and the Sergeant, the Firbolg rolls forward to avoid it (though it goes over his head anyway), turning around with a shortsword drawn, just in case. "...are you two alright?" he asks hesitantly.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Brother Sorin of the Ruby Rose

Sorin says, hesitantly, "Are you okay, Roc?" He really didn't know much about possessions, or whatever foul plot the ghost child was working on him, but if push came to shove... well, he'd simply have to call on every ounce of Sune's grace to cast the ghost out. "And, assuming so, what should we do next?"

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

"Aghk!"

Noroco stumbles into a wall, holding his head as the mist faded around him. His face twisted into a petulant scowl as he heard the voice in his head, looking at a corner where there was no one, "Hey, you don't get to tell me what to do! You're not my real soul!"

Another grimace and Noroco slams his head into the wall with a dull thud, "Oh you insolent little brat! You could have at least bought me dinner first,"

The others will see Noroco look up again as though listening to a voice that they can't hear, "You are so dea-" he stops, with a snarl, "I'm going to sma-"

He clenches his fists and stomps his foot in frustration, a very Not-Noroco thing to do, as though he was experiencing emotions that aren't his own. He tries to move from the wall, but stumbles back and lands against the wall on the other side of the room, sliding down into a sitting position with his head in his hands. He sits there for a while, muttering with that same faraway look in his eyes.

"Alright fine. But if we're going to make this work, we're going to have some ground rules. First things first, let me introduce you to the others," he stands unsteadily, seeming to finally get his bearings back as he turns to the others, "Alright, so hello. I-she is Rose, and her little brother is named Thorn. They used to live here until... well, frankly I'll let her tell you that story when she's ready. It was an unpleasant time. Now she's in my head, and I'm having a bit of trouble with that right now."

Then he goes around the room, "This is Sergeant deWytte, she's the one in charge of our little compan-" he growls suddenly, head jerking then he mutters darkly, "Ground. Rules."

He takes a calming breath and then continues, "That is Sorin, he's a cleric of Sune. If you don't mind your manners I'll have him exorcise you. That's Skinny, party scout and all-round good guy. Mokrul there is the quartermaster I guess, good for traps and making sure we get paid. My fancy friend here is Lordorim, no one better by your side in a shield wall. I'm Noroco, in case that sharing session didn't go both ways. I'm magically inclined and handle a bit of the logistics for our troupe."

"So I'm going to hand you the controls here for a second Rose, what don't you tell us a bit more details. Did you ever go down into the basement... well, as you are?"

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules


A look quickly flashes across Noroco's face and next to him appears the girl Rose, looking far more translucent than before. The spirit looks up at her host with a sharp grin and adresses the room. "I did go down once, but I was scared and left. There were...voices, chanting and yelling. I know I have been dead for a long time, and no one has come out of that basement, so I don't know who could be down there making the noise. The area I went into was a cramped tomb, My parents never told me that it was in the basement before." With that said the spirit vanishes into the air, its faint trace of vapour trailing towards Noroco.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

"Don't get smug, girl." he shivers slightly, grasping his temple with a hand, "Well there you go. I'm going to... have a sit for a minute."

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.

Pillbug

Mokrul Verdant Allweather > 8 / 8 HP / 13 AC

Having finally caught his breath, Mokrul makes his way from the fireplace to the entrance of the stairwell he had 'found'. The sergeant had mentioned that they'd located a doorway upstairs as well, and it stood to reason that they'd left it open, which meant sound would probably carry fairly well through the acoustically-friendly enclosed shaft. Popping his head into the hole, he shouts, "Hi, Team Upstairs? This is Team Downstairs. Do you guys need us up there? I, um, don't really want to climb three flights of stairs if I'm just going to have to head right back down. Did that key work?"
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Passive: Perception (16) / Investigation (16) / Insight (14) / Darkvision (60')
Effects: Inspiration / Concentration (taking a breather) / Stealth
Resources:: Hit Dice (1/1d8) / Arrow (20) / Iron key (library) / Jewelry box (bedroom) / House blueprint (floor 1/2/3)
Livestock: Chickens (12) / Chicken Feed (100 pounds)
Map / Journal
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Brother Sorin of the Ruby Rose

Now that the immediate threat of some sort of evil entity taking over his good friend is revealed to be more of a... well, sassy lost soul who seems to be more lonely than anything, Sorin relaxes just a hint. He says, "A tomb? A family tomb, perhaps?" He considers the skeletons a moment, then says, "If so, would that not be a better place for you two to rest than in the attic?"

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

"The key worked, Mok!" Noroco will yell from his sitting position, fingers rubbing one temple, "You might want to come up here though. We might have a new member or two of the crew for you to meet."

At Sorin's question Noroco seems to quirk his head to one side, then shrugs.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.

Pillbug

Mokrul Verdant Allweather > 8 / 8 HP / 13 AC

Although only Lordorim was downstairs to notice, Mokrul visibly perked up at the mention of new crew members. He comments to his dragonborn friend, "Oh man, who do you think they made friends with? I hope it's a giant spider. I hope it's a dozen giant spiders." He heads upstairs at a fair clip, though slow enough to bring his chickens along this time, making his way towards the sound of voices, only to find ...nobody new. Looking around the room and even behind the doorway in case someone was hiding there for a spooky jump scare, he comments, "Oh, very funny."
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Passive: Perception (16) / Investigation (16) / Insight (14) / Darkvision (60')
Effects: Inspiration / Concentration (disappointed stare) / Stealth
Resources:: Hit Dice (1/1d8) / Arrow (20) / Iron key (library) / Jewelry box (bedroom) / House blueprint (floor 1/2/3)
Livestock: Chickens (12) / Chicken Feed (100 pounds)
Map / Journal
__________________________________________________________________________________________

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

"No really. There is a ghost in my head. This is a fact of my life now. Come on Rose, say hello to Mokrul and Lordorim. By the by, is your brother alright? He sort of... faded away there."

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.

Pillbug

Mokrul Verdant Allweather > 8 / 8 HP / 13 AC

Mokrul blinks ...slowly. "There's a ghost. In your head?" He looks to Skinny, and then back to Noroco, "You guys are pranking me, I get it. Let's get Mokrul all excited over hiring a ghost and then break his heart." He crosses his arms, frowning, "My heart can't take that kind of disappointment right now, Noroco!"
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Passive: Perception (16) / Investigation (16) / Insight (14) / Darkvision (60')
Effects: Inspiration / Concentration (disappointed stare) / Stealth
Resources:: Hit Dice (1/1d8) / Arrow (20) / Iron key (library) / Jewelry box (bedroom) / House blueprint (floor 1/2/3)
Livestock: Chickens (12) / Chicken Feed (100 pounds)
Map / Journal
__________________________________________________________________________________________

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

"Hiring is an extremely strong word for what is happening right now. Right now I have an undead sass-dragon starting a backchat inferno in my mind."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Brother Sorin of the Ruby Rose

Sorin says, "Now, now. We'll surely resolve this situation amicably, Roc. I'm sure Rose is quite pleasant as far as ghostly companions are concerned." Now that the threat was revealed to be more of a minor inconvenience for the sorcerer, Sorin felt no shame in needling his friend a bit.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.

Pillbug

Mokrul Verdant Allweather > 8 / 8 HP / 13 AC

Mokrul blinks again, though this time his posture regains a bit of confidence. His ears perk up as he realizes that Noroco might actually be serious, and he comments, "Oh man, that means we're still in the process of hiring a ghost?!" He takes a seat on the floor, going into full seance mode, and asks, "So, what does this ghost want? We can definitely make room on the team for a ghost, they don't even eat very much. I'm sure we can find some reasonable compensation. What kind of ghost is it? A spoopy one, obviously, but, you know what I mean. Where do we fall on the spectrum between full-on slime elemental and spirit of an ancient paladin who wants to use us to complete the mission that he could not?" The cadence in Mokrul's voice gave away, quite obviously, that he was hoping for a slime elemental.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Passive: Perception (16) / Investigation (16) / Insight (14) / Darkvision (60')
Effects: Inspiration / Concentration (recruiting) / Stealth
Resources:: Hit Dice (1/1d8) / Arrow (20) / Iron key (library) / Jewelry box (bedroom) / House blueprint (floor 1/2/3)
Livestock: Chickens (12) / Chicken Feed (100 pounds)
Map / Journal
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules


The spectre appears next to Noroco and looks at Mokrul with a curious eye. Turning to Sorin she shrugs, "Why would some ugly tomb be a better place? Besides, I don't want to be down there with those weird chanting noises." Staring at the smaller of the two skeletons she puts her hands on her hips and glares at it angrily. "Hiding again Thorn! You are such a scaredy-cat!" Her brothers ghost does not reappears and she turns on her heel with a annoyed grunt. Striding up to Mokrul she looks him up and down, and with almost a hint of awe in her voice, says "Are you an Elf?"

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.

Pillbug

Mokrul Verdant Allweather > 8 / 8 HP / 13 AC

When the specter appears, confirming that Noroco wasn't setting him up for a prank, Mokrul's body language becomes positively giddy. As the ghost stares him up and down, Mokrul is beaming an unreserved smile, and in response to her question he offers, "Well... yeah, sort of. There are different kinds of elves, you know? Kind of like how there are different kinds of dogs." Any full-blooded elf would have almost certainly been offended by that comparison, he was sure. He stood by his assessment, though, and continues, "What about you? What kind of ghost are you? Do you just, like, haunt this house? We were thinking of moving in, and fixing up the place, but I guess you'd sort of need to be cool with that, huh?"

Looking to Noroco, and then back to the ghost, he offers, "If you want to ghost ride the whip it seems like Noroco is totally down for that. I guess you probably don't get out of the house much, huh? You're totally welcome to cruise around with us if you want. Oh man, if he eats something can you taste it? How does that even work?"
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Passive: Perception (16) / Investigation (16) / Insight (14) / Darkvision (60')
Effects: Inspiration / Concentration (recruiting) / Stealth
Resources:: Hit Dice (1/1d8) / Arrow (20) / Iron key (library) / Jewelry box (bedroom) / House blueprint (floor 1/2/3)
Livestock: Chickens (12) / Chicken Feed (100 pounds)
Map / Journal
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!


Noroco "Roc" Olvir
The Shadow-Sorcerer

"That's a thought actually. Did any of you see any elves on our way into town? Even in Cormyr there was always one or two hanging around."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«9 »