Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Well, we now know the answer to the question "who saw Anthem and went WE HAVE TO COPY THIS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXizUa-qRK4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

lmao, the loving gmod orb spawning vomiting dinos

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Dinorrhea

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

EDF but it's an invasion of dinosaurs, count me the gently caress in.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
“today’s dinosaur forecast” lmaoo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kaysette posted:

“today’s dinosaur forecast” lmaoo

This looks loving rad lol

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Thirsty Dog posted:

Well, we now know the answer to the question "who saw Anthem and went WE HAVE TO COPY THIS"

When a developer looks at an existing bad concept and thinks: What if... Dinosaurs?

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

no feathers 0/10

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thirsty Dog posted:

This is the stupidest loving thing I’ve seen in a long time.

I have to play it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!
Dinosaur Gum
capcom is so good at making fun goofy poo poo

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I mean there was nothing wrong the the concept of ‘fly around in a suit and blow poo poo up’, the execution, plot, loot, enemies, and progression was just bad. I hope dinosaur version doesn’t suck as much as the original.

Edit; apparently it’s multiplayer only ?

Edit2; 5v5 pvpve horde shooter? What the gently caress?

Dramatika fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 10, 2022

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Live service! It’s gonna be bad at launch and maybe won’t be bad a few months in? Or dead.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The tiny amounts of cutscenes and character stuff in the trailer immedediately made me think of Anthem, more than the exosuits. It just has that same feel to it of characters talking at you and doing bad exposition, though it seems like this game might be more aware of how silly the setting is.

If the game has huge enemy counts and let's me mow down enemies like EDF then it might turn out okay.

EDIT: From the official website:

quote:

Dino Survival, the main game mode, sees two teams of five players compete in a variety of PvE and PvP missions.

Players will be transported to the scene of the latest dinosaur outbreak and follow Leviathan's guidance to complete objectives. The team that completes the mission first will emerge victorious.

Whether players are engaging the other team directly, or fighting alongside them against a common enemy, the aim is to accomplish objectives as quickly as possible.

They also outline the holy trinity of "Assault, Tank, Support" on the website. Online-only, lol. EDF this is not.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 10, 2022

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

The mage-like suit that sort of limply waggles a staff while floating in the air made me laugh

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

its good to make an anti dinosaur suit that dinosaurs can bite through

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_dK38znbzs

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
I just want it to be cool...

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Someone just reminded me that this was a game that was made and lol

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

lmao I keep forgetting there were people who thought this was genuinely good game. Just like elite levels of cope.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Olympic Mathlete posted:

lmao I keep forgetting there were people who thought this was genuinely good game. Just like elite levels of cope.

chonk

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Did the goon remaking this game ever finished it?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Olympic Mathlete posted:

the low sodium subreddit lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
So is bioware officially dead or

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

EorayMel posted:

So is bioware officially dead or
It will be after Dreadwolf or 2024, whichever arrives first.

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Did the goon remaking this game ever finished it?

Still at it!

https://twitter.com/IndeedRyan/status/1526525967262416897?t=6QNwMnFgzpwqCbgBMWek8A&s=19

Right now I'm chipping away at a system to procedurally generate the levels and world map

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Are the anthem servers still even running

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

EorayMel posted:

Are the anthem servers still even running

they're flying but only for a few minutes at a time

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

eonblue174 posted:

Still at it!

https://twitter.com/IndeedRyan/status/1526525967262416897?t=6QNwMnFgzpwqCbgBMWek8A&s=19

Right now I'm chipping away at a system to procedurally generate the levels and world map

You are the only valid poster in this entire thread. Godspeed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Disargeria posted:

Someone just reminded me that this was a game that was made and lol

it's codenamed dylan because it will be the bob dylan of video games

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Of all the embarrassing gaming fiascos in the second half of the 2010s, I think this might be the greatest of them. Remember when they dithered around and didn't start actually making anything until 2017? After there was a reveal trailer at E3?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cyberpunk 2077 was the same development story, only they announced it, did a teaser and then didn’t start real production for what 5 years?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 was the same development story, only they announced it, did a teaser and then didn’t start real production for what 5 years?

Cyberpunk was just CD Projekt Red setting themselves up for failure. Honestly it’ll probably end up being a good game once all the post launch support is done, but anyone with half a brain could tell that the launch of cyberpunk was going to be a shitshow, because every cd projekt red game is a horrible mess at launch. Every single Witcher game was buggy as gently caress, and Cyberpunk was them wayyy overreaching

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

seeing this thread bumped reminded me I had a coworker that took two days off for the Anthem launch. Top 10 most embarrassing things I've seen in my life

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Cyberpunk was just CD Projekt Red setting themselves up for failure. Honestly it’ll probably end up being a good game once all the post launch support is done, but anyone with half a brain could tell that the launch of cyberpunk was going to be a shitshow, because every cd projekt red game is a horrible mess at launch. Every single Witcher game was buggy as gently caress, and Cyberpunk was them wayyy overreaching

The Witcher games were always exceptionally good Eurojank, and suddenly they were expected to transition into making the biggest game the industry had seen since GTAV. It was never going to end well. Even after all the patches the game will still be a buggy mess whose systems you can break over their knee, which is fun in its own right, but absolutely not the definitive sci-fi mega game the ads promised.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I would like you all to know that I'm currently installing Anthem, because it's on Game Pass and my cousin has never played it so we figured hey, might as well go for an evening of stompy shooty mech suit action.

I still maintain that the very core of the game, i.e. the action, is a lot of fun, Bioware just completely hosed up building an actual game around it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Nordick posted:

I would like you all to know that I'm currently installing Anthem, because it's on Game Pass and my cousin has never played it so we figured hey, might as well go for an evening of stompy shooty mech suit action.

I still maintain that the very core of the game, i.e. the action, is a lot of fun, Bioware just completely hosed up building an actual game around it.

you have game pass

there are so many games on game pass

good games

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Anthem developers investigated the Anthem game and found that Anthem was good, actually

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

“I argue there are tasty nuggets of corn in this turd” as I choose to eat a turd off the buffet.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kaysette posted:

“I argue there are tasty nuggets of corn in this turd” as I choose to eat a turd off the buffet.

I violently shove the other patrons at the 5 star buffet out of the way and eagerly eat poo poo directly out of the toilets instead

"chonky!" I smug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I still can’t get over how the “evil publisher” is the reason there was anything playable.