Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Vanguard, the Fury, and melee Infiltrators were amazing.

The Fury was like a Vanguard-lite, in that she had no Charge, but her abilities were still designed around always getting in close range, and her evade was a true teleport that could go through walls. Spec her field skill to boost movement speed and drain shields/health, and just run around spamming powers in melee with your Vanguard buddies detonating everything.

Punching gained a boost from Infiltrators' stealth, and you could combine that with the "double punch damage after a punch kill" skill to just Batman whole groups of guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Destiny 2 came up with a lot of story, too, almost none of which made it into the game.

Or Destiny putting so much of the lore on those grimoire cards, which you had to go to the Destiny web site to actually read.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Monolith. posted:

So just move around every so often? No group game I have ever played has people completely motionless when explaining a mechanic.

Yeah, an AFK timer is a timer for how long someone has been sending zero inputs to the game. No typing, no mouse movement, nothing.

2 minutes is still ludicrously short, though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

They've said that enemies will scale to you, so that purely shooting a gun (of X type) will always have a similar kill time on an enemy type, but higher level players will have more Javelin abilities and bonus effects on their gear.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

That's why the Mass Effect 3 multi was so good compared to The Division's realistic shootman co-op. They leaned right into all the space wizard poo poo from the beginning and made your powers the focus, instead of boring-rear end weapons.

Even the Generic Shootmans in ME3 MP had cool things to do, especially once the DLC characters hit. How was it so good?!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

sunaurus posted:

Also, how loving confident are they that they're having the free demo?

Demos used to be incredibly common, and they should come back into style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

popewiles posted:

Anyone who made a point of learning the destiny lore beyond "it's the future, earth is hosed up, i'm a magic respawning lady" is basically an alien to me.

How could you not enjoy the (barely explained in-game) story of a race of weird space shrimp going from the bottom of the food chain to being literal god-killers.