Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
SGA im just a lurker, but I played the marvel game because of your good posts, so thanks for posting. :unsmith:

I have an important question tho: are there animations to Suit Up? Like, one for each Mark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

why did they give it raptor legs? I thought we would be flying the whole time

also shouldn't it be taller? the collossus makes sense with the double joints, but this one feels weird

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

McSpanky posted:

I think they all have a fully robotic version of those spring stilts that let people bounce around like they're on pogo sticks all the time. I guess the idea is they're taking the weight of the suit when you walk around.

huh that makes sense

also that means No Fall Damage :toot:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lemming posted:

On the one hand it should be easy, on the other hand if it's easy how the fuk is it not fixed yet

Just Cause 4 launched without allowing you to rebind movement key

in 2018

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
if you think SGA's love for Iron Man isn't sincere...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pindakaas posted:

Why would anyone pick ranger over any of the other classes?

ranger has access to all elements

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mailer posted:

Good. :frogout:

Aside from Warframe and Diablo 3 I can't think of another big name game with optional PvP. It always ends up being mandatory for progression so the only people who want to play your game are the people who just want PvP.

by now Path of Exile is bigger than D3 and they have optional PVP

but just like Warframe it's basically gimmick arenas with changed rules for stats and abilities, and nobody plays them except for cheevos/specific grinds

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Warframe has every two weeks a dev stream, and the first this year was centered on what to change/improve: https://www.twitch.tv/warframe/clip/HeadstrongAgitatedWerewolfRiPepperonis

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wheeee posted:

this is why he spends every waking moment obsessing over video games and video game communities, attempting to escape the nightmare reality that is his daily work life

it's better than alcohol imo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Enchanted Hat posted:

The only thing that will distract people from what a terrible trainwreck Anthem is is an even bigger trainwreck. Get me Agent Spark That Bled!

can I just point out that it just took 4 pages

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MikeJF posted:

Ubi's also been surprisingly decent about the games themselves: like how their reaction to Watch Dogs 1 complaints was to fix them all for Watch Dogs 2 and make a much better game, and they keep supporting games for ages even if they don't do outstandingly, and they seem to try out some weird ideas every now and then and commit to them.

or Ghost Recon Wildlands: a cynical Tom Clancy shooter with gorgeous graphics, kinda bland but ok for 30 bux

what kept me coming back were free bonus missions with:
Rainbow 6 Siege Operators
Sam Fisher voiced by Michael loving Ironsides
the auctal literal Predator

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
was there even mod support for DA:I?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

wtf, aerie redefined the rpg genre

the wingless winged elf?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

even the goddamn medal for it had the corkscrew projectile

that's the stylized magnetic field propelling the metal projectile

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ugh warning this vid contains spoilers for Anthem, do NOT watch this

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If no dance, then please just shut the game down, Bioware. Just don't even bother. Please put a dance hall in the game.

I guess they didn't listen :(

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Von_Doom posted:

I remember way back when. I was a young teen with barely a hair on my bollocks and I loved Counterstrike. I was Captain Pike or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or Nazis_In_Spaaaaaaace (my NS name) and I loved to pwnz0r. Old people would whine about hacks and call me a fag but what did they know as they were like 20 or 30. Lame. So I would run something from my myg0t buddies and shoot them from spawn or through the floor. I mostly played clean but loved to giggle as they raged. I remember one good time saying “Terrorists win - just like in real life” on September 11th 2001. I remember peeing on myself wearing a French Uniform in Sims Online while in people’s virtual houses and guys threatening to kick my rear end irl. I remember training spectres and Sand Giants like Fansy in EQ. I fondly recollect goonboat, trolling pro war Nazis in City of Villains with fellow goon Liberal Agenda. There were good times to be had but... eventually my balls got hairy and it just wasn’t as much fun. It was fun as a kid though. I do have to thank all those angry guys in early 00 gaming. They knew I liked men well before I did.

Edit: so I’m on topic for thread Anthem is 100% doomed. Don’t spend any more funds on this game gentle goons

in loving awe of this post, like god drat you found a way to make people crosseyed using only words

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Anthem going F2P and basically copying whatever Warframe is doing

no one wants to gently caress the Anthem frames though

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Warframes are not for lewd

my man is fishing for lewds, not falling for that

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

PederP posted:

This kind of backlash is the nightmare of "commoditized" AAA production. They want a world where market research, low-overhead development and big marketing budgets guarantee their oligopoly. To have users wanting quality, content and creative integrity is annoying and not the plan. Why do these stupid consumers whine like they expected Michelin star food from a fast food chain? It's Ironman! Cutting edge production values! It's a "world" like the nerds want, isn't it?

Having to deliver actual good gameplay and value-for-money is completely antithetical to their business model. It's why they are claiming that releasing games "the old fashioned way" isn't viable anymore. Because it isn't viable in the world of commoditized AAA. Activision and EA are both a few back-to-back failures away from imploding - and they'll blame gamers, developers, other big fish, indies, Valve, Epic, the economy, technology. Everyone but themselves.

word

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It turns out it’s a lot cheaper to pay a bunch of liberal arts majors for some good writing and visual design than it is to hire a team of programmers to wrestle Frostbite into submission

fwiw it's also cheaper than buying the WotC license and writing with D&D restrictions

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kaysette posted:

This thread is by FAR the best part about Anthem.

I just now :filez:ed The Art of Anthem TPB and it's p awesome, you can imagine playing a better game with better graphics

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ashpanash posted:

https://twitter.com/UNTDrew/status/1150890800131256320

They produce nothing for months, the few people remaining get really excited when something actually happens, but it turns out to be a bug. These guys can't even maintain their non-changing environment properly.

the new thing is a thing you gotta do 8 times lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Calaveron posted:

This is the game where it turned out that the starter weapons were actually stronger than endgame exotic gear right

yeah lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Switch has Warframe

still weirded out that that's a thing

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
hosed up my gaming cv by not having a NES as a kid

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
post itt everytime you lol when you remember Anthem exists

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Olympic Mathlete posted:

One thing that's always amazed me about a certain subset of gamers is how they can scrape enjoyment (or at least lie to themselves about it) out of the shittiest games around.

same with burgers

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

where the gently caress did that emote come from

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

"Removed: Rules 6.2 & 7.7 (Unsubstantiated rumours)"

the links are literally in the post itself lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
alright here is how we're gonna save anthem: make it free to play, but sell the next expansion for 30 dollars

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

NeurosisHead posted:

As a concept, without taking into account the actual game that was released I would agree that there was promise

it was destiny 2 with one more class and better powers, that just isn't enough for "promise", that's stagnation and decay

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
to really grasp the insanity of those skins we need to look at the price from the ground up

one skin cost like 4k bux in man-hours to build, so they priced it at 10 bux because they think at least 400 people will buy them all

are there even 400 players left?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

poor life choice posted:

Lotta goons making opportunity cost arguments have probably sunk hundreds of posts into this thread

I mean yeah, we are bored as poo poo

by the game!!!

also just kidding if your the PLC from YLLS because you can break me in half D:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
this is gonna feel weird, but voting this thread 5

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tetrabor posted:

Oh man the Krogan sound design was the best in multiplayer. When you had two or more going it was a symphony of cackles.

"rrrRRRAAH! Ha ha!"
"MRWRAH!"
"rrRRRAAAH! ... Ha ha ha ha!"
"Rah hah hah hah ha!"
"Ha! Hah hah ha!"

Case in point: https://youtu.be/uM14uAVRfM8

oh man that owns, now I want that in every game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3