Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Roman posted:

Game actually launches 5:30 PM EST tomorrow but the loading screen won't be done until 10 AM EST

Ok this is being generous but hey, I can live with near 24 hour loading screens. If I can survive the demo, I can survive anything! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kilometres Davis posted:

While the OP has the AU early access at Feb 15 9:30AM AEDT, the message in Origin currently is saying February 16 02:00AM AEDT.

Yeah, they just announced the “shift” yesterday not even 24 hours ago. I am updating this right now!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Aquila posted:

If I subscribe to origin right now can I still get the preorder bonuses?

Sure can! You have until the game actually launches To get them.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I too will cosmic the Interceptor!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY :ducksiren:

Ok, let's try this again...because today was supposed to be the day but welllllllllll

Anyway, tomorrow is the big day!

Now, I have two big things I want to state:

1) If you're playing this game, now is the time to join the discord. Community is important, and it's especially important to me.

It's in the OP at the very top. You won't miss it. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter to me if you go there or go to another discord to play with others. This game is all about multiplayer and I'll be talking across all the millions of goon discords to help people who have any questions about this game. Everybody, please find a great home and make friends. I will do everything in my power to make sure you enjoy your experience.

With that said, if you do join the discord in the OP, the rules are simple. Be kind, be nice, be cool and don't even think about calling people names. Me and about 20 mods will ban you real quick. You can poo poo on anything you want, but not people. We don't do that. :)

With that said, let's play together. No console war poo poo, none of that. We have PC gamers, Xboxers and PS4 goons and we all have one thing in common: We want to play this game and talk about it. If you want to spoil anything, you need to type || before and after it in discord. Ex: ||I saw Dumbledore appeared in this and kissed Matthias wow unbelievable||. We can stop spoiling March 1st.

IN THE THREAD: If you're gonna spoil stuff, again, use the spoiler tags. Let's be respectful.

2) The goon friendships you make along the way...man, I cherish those. I cherish them a lot as a matter of fact. These are guys and gals I play with across many games and just strike up conversation with. Many of us have been goons for a long time, so we have gotten to know each other, directly and indirectly. Mercurius donated a copy of Anthem for me to giveaway and I want to say thank you for that. So, here's the deal. Really easy stuff: If you want it, you can PM me here or on discord by CLOSE OF BUSINESS SUNDAY. That's right, 5PM Baby!! But in that PM, I want you to send me one thing: "What should the name of our very first guild be when those launch?" The kicker: It must be chonk related, because that's the theme. Ex: (and don't use this). Chonk Industries. Chungus Industries. Chungus Amongus. Etc.

So with that said, it's a huge day tomorrow for a lot of us. And I'm ready to dive in with my homies and experience what I hope is a great game ahead.

LET'S GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

EightDeer posted:

From what I've read, if you only care about single player, Anthem isn't really for you. Correct?

So, here’s what I would say:

This game is advertised as a multiplayer game. It’s absolutely meant to be played with others. There is content later that will absolutely be tough to solo.

But you can absolutely do the entire story, which is roughly 20 hours they have said, solo. You will always be in a group with others (you just may not see them). Well, you can play privately, but by default, you’re “matchmaking”.

The entire game has matchmaking for every activity. So sure, you don’t have to talk to an entire person for your entire journey if you don’t want to.

But it’s absolutely meant to be played with others.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I just sleeptyped this:

6 MORE HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I thought preload was up already for Xbox. I’ve seen that that’s up and preload for PS4 is February 19th.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

35 MINUTES. THATS WHEN YOU LOGIN*

YAAAASSSSSSSS

*Margin of Error: +/- 35 hours.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WE LIVE!!!!!!!!!! Log in!!

You’re gonna get DC a lot I bet. Let’s goooooo

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

First hour impressions I’m gathering reading the discord and watching one stream:

This game is running GREAT on old machines. It’s very destiny-like in the fact that a 1060 with 8gb ram is letting a guy like Prel run this on ultra. Sorry to name drop you my dude.

Ramadu has a 970 and he is getting 45-64 FPS in game.

That’s a BIG step up from the demo and relieves some of my biggest fears.

Game is running excellent. The 9AM LOG IN was rough but now that that is “over”, we are all really enjoying the first moments. That’s a good sign. Should have more objective feedback as we go through but so far so good!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gasoline posted:

Wow, that is an insane improvement over the demo. Flying feels great, and it runs really, really well. Did not expect this.

None of us did. We all expected the shittiest launch ever. So this is a huge sigh of relief.

And the LoD Gun you get when you beat the Prospero mission. This isn’t a spoiler so I’ll just post it. You all know this is it from your preorder/Premier:

I couldn’t be happier for the performance. And best of all, there’s more optimization and KBM improvements coming for the day one patch on 2/22.

The demo truly was just that lovely. Forget that garbage. Run the game now!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

isk posted:

Genuine thanks for the early trip reports. At work atm but loving the honest positivity.

I’ll be doing a lot of this throughout the day. I’m at work until late evening and gym time but yeah, I’m just reading the discord move a mile a minute and trying to capture the good and the bad.

Only thing we all can agree on from a bad perspective is town still sucks. It still REALLY sucks.

The outside world though is primo. And the fact we can all enjoy this game uninterrupted is showing this game is fun!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Fellatio del Toro posted:

How about load times?

Everybody is saying much improved over demo. Just had 6 goons respond that they’re fine/good.

One in particular said they’re not even on an SSD and this is better.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

fappenmeister posted:

How are the load times into the maps and Forge compared to the demos?

Hey the reports are very strong here that it’s vastly improved. A lot of goon praise here. It’s much better.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Any game that requires me to wash my dog before continuing into the main story has my vote.

Count me way the gently caress in

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Harrow posted:

No text chat. BioWare hasn't committed to adding it, either, though they're aware it's a massive issue for a lot of people. So... here's hoping.

I talked to BioChris and they are adding text chat. It is coming. I can probably find the screen as well.

Also, MYSTERY SOLVED:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I literally posted a twitt above from the dev about what Luck is.

It helps you find higher tier loot.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BambooEarpick posted:

What level is end game content? I mean, I don't want to super rush into it.

Also, how does the game handle people of disparate levels? Like, if I level a bunch now, will I be able to group with friends later?

Also, I have no friends. Add me if you want someone bad at the game: BambooEarpick

Join discord immediately. You will make friends immediately and everybody is nice except for ookie he is a little poo poo. But he is OUR little poo poo so he is fine.

Enjoy!

Lvl 30 for endgame.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah the text chat was a huge miss. I personally voiced my concerns as many others did in the filthy Reddit discord and did get some conversation out of BioChris about it.

It’s coming, and hopefully soon. They did update the roadmap yesterday just FYI and explained the social improvements coming. Something about Competitive PvE (roundabout) was stated and improving the social integrations period. Fingers crossed.

Right now, if I had to give my complaints, it’s easy:

1) UI/Menus blows. I’ll judge more on 2/22 as improvements are coming then. Don’t know if they’ll be monumental but any upgrade is appreciated.

2) Fort Tarsis blows. Yep, if I didn’t have to ever come here again, I would welcome it. The slow movement doesn’t help.

3) Social integrations: See above.

4) Overall general missing features. But I can live without them for now. I get it’s a launch and these games improve over time. So no character stat sheet, for instance, I will be all right with for now.

5) The bugs. Go figure, there’s bugs. Load screen issues for some still, rubber banding, etc. it’s WAY less than the demo at least. WAY LESS. But for those experiencing it, I feel for them. Sorry your experience isn’t 100%.

Overall, the experience has been received positively. I would say for every complaint, there’s 9 people saying “this is a lot of fun”.

And keep in mind, we are judging this game at levels 3, 7, 10, 20, etc. Most of us haven’t touched endgame features or gotten the fun loot.

Goobusters, to answer your question, it seems like Destiny 2s launch. Got a lot to add of course, but gameplay is very fun. It’s slick, and I think for anybody who enjoys a game like that, you make some adjustments here (this is more skill heavy as opposed to gun heavy) and soak in the scenes and loot and well, you’ll have a good time.

This game is a 3rd person diablo-like. That’s the best way I can describe it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So this to me is the best post I’ve seen about this game and I’ve spent a lot of time just reading feedback and all that, as I want this game to really succeed. I think it will, but it’s got a lot of kinks to work out. A lot.

But gameplay, as I’ve overstated annoyingly I’m sure, is not one of them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/arc62x/beautiful_game_world_amazing_combat_atrocious/?st=JS8C22S0&sh=f352d1dd

quote:

Before i begin i hope this community understands the difference between sharing feedback and bashing the game. I am not bashing the game, i am enjoying it but man are some aspects really frustrating.

We can praise the game for being great and still have criticism, that sort of thing will only help it to become better. Please don't have it end up like Destiny 2. When people complained the fanboys jumped out their seat and defended it to their last breath.

Menu design is really over worked. For example checking my tomb progress last night i had to open cortex > expeditions > freeplay and then you have to spam ESC to close out of each tab. Why not just allow us to hold ESC and close out the entire thing? (edit: you can just hit J again and itll clear the menu)

No minimap or waypoint system. In freeplay mode when you're trying to get to a certain area on the map you're constantly opening and closing the map. This becomes an even bigger issue because of the map design itself. Despite flying being such a big factor, it almost feels as if your movement/navigation is restricted.

Freeplay mode is abysmal and i have a feeling people will be avoiding it as much as they can, i know i will. I dread any moment i have to go into freeplay with this game. The entire concept of freeplay sounds cool but so poorly executed.

Maps have almost no indicators of what is happening. You're constantly spawned into the map away from your teammates. Events only pop up when you get close. And it feels so lonely, 4 people per map is not really enough.

Teleporting to squad when they're out of range needs to be changed or removed. My friend doesn't have a very good PC, so he's always late loading into missions. But because he's late the squad usually is ahead and he gets that dumb message where he gets teleported. So he literally leaves one loading screen just to enter another loading screen to move 50 feet.

Please add an FOV slider for PC, i feel like i'm getting nauseous half the time because i'm looking at the game world through some fish lens.
Please allow us to open the menu from the forge or atleast open the cortex so we can see our challenges. When making my loadout i'd like to know what gear or weapon challenges i have unfinished. It wouldn't be such a big deal if there wasn't a loading screen into the forge. Sometimes going into the forge and working on your loadout feels almost like a chore, when it shouldn't be. Got a new item? Load the forge > loading screen.

Want to check cortex? Exit forge > loading screen.
Very lonely multiplayer experience. I thought the launch bay would have been badass, i think that was something destiny failed at and i expected Anthem to make it work. But i was wrong. The launch bay is nothing more than stand around and look cool. There's no interaction, no friend requests, no grouping. It's just an empty space where you just...stand around and look cool.

I think the game would have done well with a text chat and even if it was only enabled while in the launch bay it would have been a good idea. I could have seen myself spending a lot more time there if i could actually talk to people. It's crazy to me a game like Apex has a text chat and better communication system than Anthem and Apex is a battle royal.

Lastly...what's with all the loading screens? i think as a whole this is the communities biggest complaint. I don't know anything about game design, but man is this game really coded in such a way where literally everything requires a loading screen? The game doesn't feel open world at all.

The flow of the game is constantly interrupted by all the loading screens and some of them are incredibly long. All this makes the game almost feel rough and unfinished. It really seems as if some of your lead design people never played an open world/multiplayer video game in their life.

I need the team at BioWare to really make some magic happen in these first 90 days. Luckily, there’s enough to do and enjoy while we are subbed. I think these first 90 days are critical to the game’s health and longevity.

It’s fun, I’m still in its corner because we got plenty to do for now but the misses are very obvious and a lot of the gaming community sees that now.

Enjoy what we got right now. But let’s see how this gets developed. Stay cool. :)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I just want to add, just to help those who want to add a little more life to this, there’s like, 170 of us in discord and grouping shouldn’t be easy. And it’s super chill and nobody gives a gently caress if you suck.

The best way to try to iron out some of the bonehead stuff in this game is just play with goons. It usually breathes life in.

Just want to help with the experience. :)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Harrow posted:

I'm pretty sure Gasoline's right. It was even slower in the demo specifically because of asset streaming issues.

I’ll confirm this is correct. They made a comment about this about 2-3 weeks ago and while they do want to speed this up, they’re...trying to figure out how to do this without basically breaking their game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So there’s more patch notes coming just FYI. There’s a full list of combat ones that will be added to what was posted earlier. Interceptor is getting some love, some of which we knew was coming but finally confirmed.

Bring on more!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dennis McClaren posted:

So should I shell out my hard earned $64 to get this game?
I'm watching bad reviews of its current state on Youtube, I'm reading goons bashing its launch state on Discord, and the thread is kind of 50/50.
Is this a situation where it would be best to wait several months until the dev's patch and fix these game-making GBS threads issues?
The game looks like a lot of fun, but if the stat screens, menus, interface, dialogue and all this other poo poo drags it down so much that its not fun, well then waiting a few months might be better?

$15. Origin Premier. Don’t spend $64 when it’ll be $30 in a couple months. That’s what EA does.

We enjoy the game but you can’t ignore many of the issues. We play both sides: it’s fun and exciting. It’s also very frustrating too.

But do know most of us dropped $15 to play the first 30 days and dive deep.

If you want to play now, drop $15. If you want to wait, it’s not a bad idea at all.

That’s your play!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Recap:

**LIVESTREAM TL;DW**

- Day One patch will be going live in ~4 to 6 hours, 6 GBs in size. (You can see patch notes here: <https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/aspzjb/day_one_patch_notes/>)
- Next content patch in March, you can earn vanity items by earning a key through completing dailies. All members with a key unlock a chest for everyone. Four chests per stronghold, with approximately 100 items to collect. No duplicates.
- Next content patch, introducing replaying story missions on a highly increased difficulty, and more, with new enemies balanced for level 30 on all six difficulty levels.
- Very detailed 90 day calendar scheduled to post next week, detailing content drops and quality of life fixes.

VOD: <https://www.twitch.tv/videos/383951554>

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: The game is officially out and ready to play for ALL now! :ducksiren:

See ya in game!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nuts and Gum posted:

Can you join a squad of 4 storms or whatever, or does it force everyone to be a unique class like Apex?

You can do 4 storms. Nothing is restricted!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A lot of people still have their 10 hour trials for Origin Access just FYI if anybody is looking to test the game. Should have plenty to go around.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

There’s a lot of folks on console locked out right now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hey, just posting for those who participated in the giveaway recently:

By the way, I forgot to mention, so I’ll announce it here while I’m in between sets at the gym: we had a donated copy of Anthem for a giveaway so I used that in the thread to take clan name suggestions. We had about 8 people suggest names and the winner was JSpanky with the name Chonkaholics Anonymous. It got a good laugh out of me and some guys I shuffled names around to.

Just want to say thank you to those who participated and offered some cool and good names.

Congratulations Spanks!

Carry on!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

Did they roll back the 1.03 patch on PS4? I deleted and reinstalled the game and it's on version 1.02 something.

No idea but it looks like you were definitely right that console people are having one hell of a time logging in right now. Definitely messed up right now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

are we friends on origin? let's shoot some aliens sometime

Of course we are. We are besties broham.

Next week I travel so I’ll have the gaming laptop with me. Let’s do it. Come hang in discord like we already do. Just come up from that destiny channel and come praise that anthem.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hemish posted:

Is there some kind of SA Alliance/Guild? I see these popup saying the more you do as an alliance, the more coins you'll get but I can't figure out if it's all solo or not.

There’s a giant spreadsheet in the discord with everybody you can add to your friends list. That’s what alliance xp is.

You add everybody and you get xp for what they do. Top 5 players on your friends list gets your more awards at the end of the week.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Real talk though, Papa Pump is a pretty bad rear end name.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kaysette posted:

Time to get hype! ICR, get the OP for that going.

Haha I thought about this from that post too. Time to get it rolling. Get the thread ready for the 2024 release.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chickenwalker posted:

I think the most telling thing (aside from playing this dogshit game and immediately realizing it's dogshit) is that SUN GOD AVATAR is posting conspicuously way less.

I’m still here! I read every page.

I’m just getting and seeing other discussion in discord that relates to the game instead of what we already know.

From the good posts to the bad posts here, it’s all good. I just know that right now, nobody could post a build question or lore question and probably get a straight answer without a possible attack.

And again, this is fine. It’s all good, it really is. It’s not my place to attack/defend/mod anywhere here. Those who want to poo poo on the game have every right to do so. Those who want to defend it as something they like can too. We’re goons at the end of the day and I at least never want to divide us. I guarantee many of us will cross paths in another game and maybe things will be different. So, I’m chillin.

My other game I love (Div 2) has a launch soon too so I’m splitting time just like I intend to when it launches. It’s kinda perfect timing really because I do like Anthem and it’ll get more of my time eventually, just not yet as the devs hopefully work some things out. I can bounce between the two for content and as things all iron out between both games.

I’m a sucker for loot games, both good and bad. God drat you, Diablo, when I was a child.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The one thing I hope a game like Div 2 does, a game that is going to rock the house and put a death knell out to some other games (yeah I said it suck it World!!!!!!) is it hopefully can create some spark in games like Destiny 2 and this.

Competition is good and can hopefully boost some ideas or some additions or create pressure to bounce back.

It’s no secret there’s some hobby games out there, both new and old, that need to know they’re on the chop block and they can easily rebound if they just get it together.

We’ll see what happens!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BexGu posted:

So what gets abounded faster on March 15th:

SUN GOD AVATAR and this thread
Anthem Player base
EA support/money to Bioware.

Not I said the fly! I have moved on to bigger and better things. Iyanla gonna fix my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BexGu posted:

So what is SUN GOD AVATAR going to do now?

Well, Yves Guillemot is my daddy now.

The Yves Movement lives!!!!