Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I enjoyed Andromeda

Edit:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Secondly, those combo letters are going away. Mark Darrah has already said one of their first pieces of feedback they received from the floor demo was that people hated seeing the big numbers and letters. So there will be a way to toggle those off. You’ll want to do that, trust me like you always have.

The first time I was watching the E3-reveal and saw a yellow number cover the ENTIRE enemy model I burst out laughing. What were they thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Wasn't D2 Y1 pvp just a copy of how "pro" players had been setting up their tournaments?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Read some dang books you nerds, video game stories are always bad

I enjoyed the combat in MEA a ton, which makes me hopeful for this game.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Hating capitalism is pretty loving cool, but it sounds more like some here more specifically hate game companies for making games they don't like, which is.... less cool

Is there actual magic abilities in this game? All I've seen are grenades, mortars and electric shocks.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Holy poo poo, dedicated servers? In a pve only game?!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Pvp is generally hella cool but why would anyone ever want it in a third person shooter

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Has anyone asked him about stuff like how long they've been testing with legendary drops enabled, hours played for each tester, stuff like that? It doesn't sound promising if the first natural drop has happened this close to release. Presumably they spend quite a bit of time actually testing this stuff?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Let's hope you're right. I dig the look of this game but excessively low drop rates is the type of poo poo that makes me bounce off d3 after a couple hundred paragon levels into a season.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Stupid quote post but I had to dig for this Quasi.

Maybe this will help?

This is what personally put me at ease.

Nice!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Man I can't even launch the game for some reason :(

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Still can't even launch the game. Trying to find a solution but any info about this seems to be drowned in people bitching about comparatively unimportant annoyances.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Just wanna say I still can't launch the drat game. I've tried everything I can think of here short of reinstalling because it takes me a full day to download it so there's no point to that this late :(

The process shows up in task manager for two seconds then dies a sad pathetic death, every time

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Woop, finally got the game to start. The fix ended up being "install origin to the c: disk"

now to fight through all the poo poo and bugs everyone else has been on about for two days :woop:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Destiny has the best gunplay of any game out there and if you whiners convince bungie to waste that potential on spammy abilities I would be real mad. Your real class in Destiny is the weapon you use, and there's way more of those than there are abilities.

Alright, got that out of my system. Back to being excited about Anthem, a game highly suited for spammy rear end abilities.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
If there's a weapon like the automatic energy ball shotgun you could make in ME:A I'd be a very happy boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is somewhat true but the issue that Bungie has begun to face is that they’ve allowed the organic creation of an “objectively best” gun set. Midnight coup and the ikelos shotgun are, even still today, the only two weapons you need to use for PVE and a rolled Bygones is the only gun you should be using for PVP. Black Armory is a massive pile of grinding for the opportunity to get “new guns”, and even for instance the last word release this week, all are overshadowed hit a massive loss by the fact that in the end you’ll still vault all these “new guns” to keep using midnight coup and ikelos. Some of the new guns may look cooler or sound different but they just will never be as objectively good. The ultimate eventuality happens when you ask yourself, “why am I grinding?” when you actually don’t get any benefit from it, and realize there’s no longer a reason to even play. The game poisoned itself with this model and the poison has finally resulted in death of the playerbase.

That happens in every single game with player choice and it's rarely the fault of the developers imo. People have a tendency to optimize the poo poo out of games of this type and it's going to happen in Anthem as well. All a developer can do is try to minimize the extent of it.

(And you only need to use those weapons if you're bad :cheeky:)