Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I was going to preorder this but instead I threw 5999 pennies into my local wishing well. Much better odds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Pfft pre-ordering? I tithe video game companies 15% of my income and have named Bethesda the primary beneficiary in my will.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Overbite posted:

I hope anthem fails harder and dies on the toilet because publishers shouldn’t feel like they can shove any unfinished game out the door and it will all be forgotten in a year when the game is finally “good”

Actually gamers deserve to get scammed. They haven't suffered enough imo.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Onmi posted:

How many times have you been scammed so far?

One time I got short changed and the guy refused to admit that I gave him a 20 and not a 10 but after 15 minutes of refusing to leave I got the correct change. Ever since then I've been hyper vigilant.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I just got this for free with a ps4 pro at an EB in Aus but yeah it was $15 brand new on its own.

E: Actually the ps4 was more expensive without Anthem bundled in so they're essentially paying people to take this game off their hands.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Aug 2, 2019

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I got this for free with a ps4 about a few weeks ago and today I decided to install it and have a look. Colour me shocked to learn it requires a play station plus subscription to play. No wonder they were giving a discount on play stations with it. I've never deleted something so fast in my life.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You say that like it's normal and fine to have to pay a loving monthly subscription fee to play the game you already paid for.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

NeurosisHead posted:

If anthem was a game that I played and enjoyed playing I would probably pay $10 for the Krogan skin because I liked Wrex and I like that render well enough. too bad.

You aren't even a little bit ashamed to admit that you're so much of a rube that you'd pay $10 for a reskin, in public?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

NeurosisHead posted:

It's $10 for something I like. Why would I be ashamed to to buy something that I like for an inconsequential amount of money?

Because you're getting scammed and in the process encouraging the scammers to build their products around scamming people like you which is why video games suck now.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

NeurosisHead posted:

So people shouldn't buy things or what? Or only things that they are angry about being forced to buy? I'm having trouble predicting the exact direction of this troll

No people should not buy things that are ludicrously overpriced rip offs. When you're paying $10 for a skin it's like paying $10 for a loving tic-tac. Would you defend that purchase? I suppose it's your right to pay $10 for a tic-tac if you really wanted a tic-tac but I wouldn't expect anyone to respect your intelligence after you do it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

NeurosisHead posted:

For a thing to be overpriced it would have to have an indexable value. I can index the value of a tic-tac against the cost of a box of tic-tacs, and know that the purchase price of $10 is so far away from market value as to be unreasonable to purchase. In game cosmetics don't have an indexable value, which is part of why they're so profitable. With no actual market determining the value of the pixels, it's a question of "do I want it, do I have the money to spend on it without impacting my finances?"

It's like measuring the "value" of a video game in dollars/hour based on purchase price and time played. It's silly and arbitrary, and if that's how you prioritize the way that you find enjoyment you probably have a hard time finding enjoyment anywhere.

lol nope it's super easy to price. Open up the game files and count the number of skins that did not cost $10. You're getting straight up ripped off no matter how you justify it to yourself.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

NeurosisHead posted:

So the fundamental argument is that because there are similar things which cost less, anything which costs more than the least expensive common denominator costs too much?

You know what. I think maybe you should give this game a try. I think you'd really like it. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's practically tailor made just for you.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This seemed inevitable. I didn't expect to ever Dragon Age 4 get released.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does anyone here even have it installed? Can they go check if anyone is playing? My assumption is that at any given time at most maybe 10 people are playing.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

PuntCuncher posted:

So I’ve downloaded it, because Gamepass.

I don’t have the time / interest to do any kind of grinding in games. I used to, I get it.

Is there any fun to be had early game, or should I just delete it now? If I’m still doing fetch quests to learn how a crafting system works by an hour in and not just flying a robot shooting stuff, I’ll be nope-ing out anywho.

Is anyone else playing? Is there any multiplayer to be had at all?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Moola posted:

Remember that town in America that went full libertarian as an experiment, and then ended up getting attacked by bears frequently? That's Anthem

I've never heard of this. Where can I learn more? It sounds hilarious.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Video games failing being more fun than video games isn't a part of the future I saw coming and I was a very foresighted child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ZeeBoi posted:

We need to stay with Anthem. Keep playing it. Keep spending money on those microtransactions. They never said they are completely done with this game. They said they are done for the FORESEEABLE future. So, we need to give them a reason to come back.

BioWare needs Dragon Age and Mass Effect to succeed. So, when those drop, regardless of their quality, we support those games, while at the same time, continue to play Anthem. We get to keep our servers. If we do what we can to make sure Dragon Age and Mass Effect don't flop, we increase the chance of BW coming back to Anthem.

If we keep playing Anthem until the servers get shut down, we increase the chances of support returning. If we keep spending money on Anthem, we increase the chance of EA realize there is money to be made.

Don't let this kick to the balls stop us. Keep getting your cypher ready. Keep getting in your javalin. Keep grinding out those leggos. Keep killing the Scar. Keep putting a stop to the Outlaws. Keep kicking Dominion butt. Until the very last minute of Anthem servers. I know I will.

You might ask yourself why, and the answer is simple. Make BioWare and EA eat their decision. Make them realize that Anthem is worth a drat. If we don't change their view, then at least we can say we tried. If the Titanfall community can push on and hold out hope, so can we.

I'll see y'all in the field.

It's awesome that there are honest to god people like that out there that go to conventions and buy "merch" or spend $200 pre-ordering legendary editions of games. I should have gotten into the video game business because they're the perfect consumer. It's like they hate having money and want someone take it from them under flimsiest of pretences. Rip a skin out of a game then sell it to them for $20 and they'll brag about buying it. What other non-essential product that isn't an addictive drug will get people this motivated to buy?