Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
My cousin moved in with me recently and he's like 20 and a big gamer so he was all excited about the stuff they announced and told me all about it. I feigned interest to be polite but I kinda wanted to tell him "You know I don't have long to live, right? I don't really give a gently caress about next year's hot new games."

Though it's not like I don't play video games still I just have many many other things to worry about. So, no, the amount I play has shifted as I have more or less responsibilities but they've never stopped being fun and I've never stopped playing them. No, I take that back, in the deepest darkest parts of my addiction I did not play them becuase I was too busy hustling 24/7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Caganer posted:

also imho a lot of modern games are very intense. stuff like wow, huge commitment both in terms of hours per week and just learning the game.

something like pokemon or metal gear solid, you could set aside a block of time and have fun. sure you might want to play longer but it wasn't required.
what the gently caress are you talking about "hours per week commitment"? Nobody forces you to play videogames, it's not a job.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I was 17 hanging out in my friends garage and there were a bunch of people playing Rock Band. And all of the sudden it hit me: a bunch of people standing around with plastic instruments playing pretend. It was pathetic. I stepped outside to smoke a stogie and drove with my girlfriend to make-out point where we had the sexy time. I came back a few hours later and everyone was still there scaring at the flashing lights and noise on TV. The only indication that anything had changed at all were the empty pizza boxes strewn around. It was really sad. Since that day I haven't gamed at all (except playing Freecell when I get bored at work).

Bullshit, no one understands or plays Freecell

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Caganer posted:

you think you can enjoy, savor, and master WoW in 30 mins a week?

I don't play multiplayer games so I didn't really think of them but you also are comparing apples and oranges if you're looking at WoW in comparison to Pokemon. WoW is also hardly the only kind of game.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
God of War is good but it's kind of the video game equivalent of Oscar bait. It's sort of deliberately sentimental but not challenging or really insightful yet still undeniably well-made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

The Dennis System posted:

Is the gameplay good, or do people just like it for the story?

It controls well and there's a fair amount of complexity to it where you can do combos and strategically use powers that have a cool down. It also has RPG elements where there are stats that correlate to certain avenues of gameplay. It all works well together.

• Locked thread