Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
I saw a lot of goons talking about E3, and oh boy does that take me back.

I got into video games heavy as a kid - first with Pokemon and later through the 90s/2000s mostly as a Playstation kid. (Family wasn't $$$ enough for multiple consoles, though I did eventually get a Gamecube for Animal Crossing)

Anyways, around the end of college / beginning of grad school I just... fell out of it. I boxed up the Wii during a move and ended up not even setting up my TV at the new place. Part of it was lack of free time but I dunno, it's just like I fell out of it?

(For me, I got really into movies and tended to spend my free time on :filez:)

I'm thinking of picking up an Xbox and a copy of Call of Duty or maybe a 720DS or whatever the kids are using these days to play Pokemon Obsidian.

Anyways I'm curious - did any other heavy gamers stop when they turned into adults?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

No but I知 not normal

Never wanted kids, so I always had extra money and time for games 🤷🏻‍♂️

It痴 not a big deal, play if you want or get into movies, as long as you池e doing what you want

I've also been moving around a lot. Now that I am in one place I was thinking of getting a Blu Ray player + nice TV, and realized that it might make sense to get an Xbox since it'll do double duty - can play those + do streaming.

Kuato posted:

No. I got carpal tunnel around black ops 2, but that just means I have to change my play style to accommodate my disability. I camp out and snipe, if I use sprint my hands begin to experience crippling pain. I知 hoping to get on disability full time at some point so I can fully dedicate myself to my fps gaming career

my roomie in college had an xbox and I played CoD ocassionally but I never had consistent access so I never got good. I used to love screwing with people - spending entire matches trying to get knife kills, hiding out and sniping etc.

I grew up in the multitap era so being able to actually camp and not get spotted was new and cool.

Only most people had the maps memorized so I'd just get knifed a lot :(

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
also imho a lot of modern games are very intense. stuff like wow, huge commitment both in terms of hours per week and just learning the game.

something like pokemon or metal gear solid, you could set aside a block of time and have fun. sure you might want to play longer but it wasn't required.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Jim Barris posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about "hours per week commitment"? Nobody forces you to play videogames, it's not a job.

you think you can enjoy, savor, and master WoW in 30 mins a week?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Was anyone else an Electronic Gaming Monthly subscriber?

They poo poo the bed and offered me to choose another subscription from their parent company so I picked Maxim, very nice. They forgot to stop sending them after the 4 or so issues I had left on my subscription - they kept coming for years until my parents moved.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
pc gaming was never cool and im glad the buttcoin guys made it expensive :colbert:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Love Rat posted:

That cover girl has that sad late-nineties Penthouse Pet look that makes me more depressed than aroused.

I値l power through in your honor :patriot:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
so if i'm mostly buying for a blu ray player + netflix box, should i get a ps4 or xbox

on one hand now that i'm not 12 the xbox controller is superior, but i also haven't played metal gear solid since snake eater and apparently they don't have all the metal gear solids on the xbox?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
it's not really suprising i turned into a film geek after college when you remember that my favorite video game is metal gear solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

You sound like a very reasonable, intelligent, thoughtful adult who probably can very clearly and concisely tell others how you feel about any number of subjects, whether or not anyone asked.

Well actually I知 quite a good listener - I知 a big fan of winning friends and influencing people

• Locked thread