Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MockingQuantum

if I do not know the forbidden word, is it truly forbidden for me? I have not been explicitly been forbade. If anything, I've been encouraged to say n-x words, where x is undefined

and that's just bad math

thank you luvcow for the sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum

the forbidden word once gained sentience and declared itself the dictator of dankostan, a place of dark, eldritch majicks located between Denmark and Germany. The strip of land on which dankostan was located has ceased to exist, or have ever existed. Scholars disagree as to why this has happened, but the general consensus is it involved the forbidden word saying itself, three times, in the dark, while looking in a mirror

MockingQuantum

ShortStack posted:

it's not butt right

i can still say butt?

we were so busy asking ourselves if we could, we never stopped to ask if we should

butt yes, you can say butt

and should

butt butt butt

MockingQuantum

ShortStack posted:

gravy. it's gravy right?

everything's gravy, baby

MockingQuantum

*video starts, shot of an empty asphalt parking lot. scientist in white lab coat steps into frame, holding a thick dictionary. opens the front cover and reads*

"alright, I guess I'll just--uh" *clears throat* "... A."

*looks over shoulder, up at sky, looks back to book*

"... Aardvark."

*stares at camera for a minute, unblinking. checks pockets, looks at the sole of left shoe, returns to book*

"Abacus."

*forgets camera is on, idly picks nose. Remembers camera is on, mouths "why are we doing this" to someone out of frame. Listens for a bit. makes a stinkface, mumbles about "forbidden word" being dumb and beneath their scientific talents*

*closes book*

*sighs*

*opens book*

"...Abbadon."

MockingQuantum

Manifisto posted:

the u.s. government once printed a bill that, when folded in a very specific way, displayed the forbidden word along with the face of the secretive god-emperor of the masons. once this was discovered, roaming bands of black-suited federal agents hunted down, collected, and destroyed every copy of that bill, by whatever means necessary. or at least nearly every copy: one still exists in the vatican, one in the nuclear-proof subcellar of the library of congress, and possibly one remains in the clutches of the subtle and fiendish supervillian, dr. earthdoom.

The twist: it was the Bill of Rights!!!

MockingQuantum

TVsVeryOwn posted:

National Treasure: Wait, How Many of These Have We Made?

funny you should mention National Treasure, the plot of the next one is Nic Cage having to climb into Washington's head in mount rushmore to retrieve Washington's dentures, locked away there for a hundred years, so he can hook them up to electrodes. By using a precise sequence of electrical pulses recorded on the original draft of the Land Ordinance of 1785, the teeth will mutter the forbidden word, which Washington once heard from a Hessian soldier on his deathbed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum

spectres of autism posted:

the hessian soldier's deathbed or washington's?

both, washington initially forgot it after valley forge but the ghost of the hessian soldier haunted mount vernon and ensured washington was reminded of it in his final moments

• Locked thread