Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gavok posted:

None of that would have happened if Vibora had a jungle savage hanging out with him.
:hmmyes:

It's unfortunate that LU ended before Jungle Boy became a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The fact that Vibora was able to take Luchasaurus with him because it wasn't a company trademark is one of the few feelgood stories about the end of this show.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The fact that Vibora was able to take Luchasaurus with him because it wasn't a company trademark is one of the few feelgood stories about the end of this show.

It's my headcanon that Luchasaurus was a clone of Vibora with the DNA genetically engineered to be more sophisticated and friendly.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Gavok posted:

It's my headcanon that Luchasaurus was a clone of Vibora with the DNA genetically engineered to be more sophisticated and friendly.

Now I need to see Wayne Knight collecting a sample

Actually, I just need to see Jurassic Park, but with wrestlers

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

LobsterMobster posted:

Now I need to see Wayne Knight collecting a sample

Actually, I just need to see Jurassic Park, but with wrestlers

Poor Wayne Knight. Killed by Tajiri.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gavok posted:

Poor Wayne Knight. Killed by Tajiri.

I closed the tab, started reading a new thread and then stopped, reloaded the tab and came back just to say how much I loved this post.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I recall less of a decline in quality than it just being harder to pay attention to because it was obvious their fate was sealed and also they burned through pretty much all the goodwill they had when it came out they were leaving all their wrestlers on the hook waiting for possible renewal.

It was a good idea for a wrestling show, if only they’d had a business plan behind it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maxwell Lord posted:

Honestly I recall less of a decline in quality than it just being harder to pay attention to because it was obvious their fate was sealed and also they burned through pretty much all the goodwill they had when it came out they were leaving all their wrestlers on the hook waiting for possible renewal.

It was a good idea for a wrestling show, if only they’d had a business plan behind it.

I think they were really banking on Season 1 really going places, business-wise. There were tons of problems with even that season. Canned/heavily edited wrestling always does poorly. When your opening match of your first episode is Chavo Guerrero and I can't remember, that really damped a lot of channel flickers interest.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

I think they were really banking on Season 1 really going places, business-wise. There were tons of problems with even that season. Canned/heavily edited wrestling always does poorly. When your opening match of your first episode is Chavo Guerrero and I can't remember, that really damped a lot of channel flickers interest.

Chavo vs Blue Demon Jr

I thought the very next match after it (aka "Face Sexy Star has a lot of ineffective offense against heel Son of Havoc who's determined to not hurt her because he's a man wrestling a woman, who finally hits A Single Move and beats her clean") was worse personally. At least there were some alright spots between Chavo and Demon, even if that particular matchup didn't work well in the LU format

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there even a Lucha Underground anymore

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Is there even a Lucha Underground anymore

Yes, six feet under.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1168288365202026497

Guess we'll know for sure if talent suddenly starts announcing bookings everywhere

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Yes, six feet under.

Not a problem.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The AAA guys were pretty much the only ones that still had active contracts, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The AAA guys were pretty much the only ones that still had active contracts, right?

I believe a few indie people did but were people who weren't on TV in the US? And then you had Jeff Cobb using a lawyer to get out of the deal.