Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

"BECAUSE AT ULTIMA LUCHA CUATRO, I WILL BREAK YOUR BONES" say the subtitle
"[something] PUTA MADRE, CABRON" says Pentagon's actual voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
He's going to break that motherfucker's bones.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I was really hoping Fenix/Catrina (Catrinix?) and Mil would kiss.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I feel like they maybe realize they ran into a problem with having two star attractions (Matanza and Pentagon) whose deal is, after winning a match, they basically eliminate someone from the roster. Hence two kinda goofy finishes to prevent them doing their thing.

Reclusa was looking cool though.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I hope there's another season (I can't imagine how) because Reklusa was fun. I'd also love to see the Fenix/Mil team happen more. I loved that vibe that they hate each other but have an understanding. And christ they were fun.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Someone please get a gif of the cameraman getting hit and somersaulting out of it to get back up and keep filming. That was great.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I hope there's another season (I can't imagine how) because Reklusa was fun.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

He should be on the show too

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If there's one thing that's been fun about Hernandez over the years, it's watching his increasingly poor tattoo decisions.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

If there's one thing that's been fun about Hernandez over the years, it's watching his increasingly poor tattoo decisions.

So...given JAKESTRONG'S dialogue in this episode, and the growly voice, etc. , are we going for JAKESTRONG is the shadowy guy from the limo? Papa Cueto wouldn't know who he was, that was all Dario.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I'm hoping that an Aztec god is just temporarily piloting Jack Swagger's body around, so next season whatever Trump-rear end motherfucker thought all this was a good idea can gently caress off and the god can jump into Big Bad Steve or something.

Of course there's a next season, why wouldn't there be a next season.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
As long as there's an El Rey, I imagine there's going to be a Lucha Underground. Not because LU is getting super ratings, but because it's the only thing with ratings on El Rey. Do they have anything else getting eyes on the channel?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1053510192283959296

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

sticklefifer posted:

At least he realized or someone told him since he's wearing a shirt on Impact.

And LU should stop putting the nutcracker sound over Strong breaking ankles. It's super fake and silly to the point of breaking suspension of disbelief.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Luchablog points out that this was always in the cards with their deal with Netflix. So, hopefully there is a reup with additional seasons? Or at least let it live somewhere else in a complete format. I purchase episodes through Amazon and even there, sometimes new episodes drop on Thursday, sometimes Saturday, it's a real craps shoot.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

frankenfreak posted:

At least he realized or someone told him since he's wearing a shirt on Impact.

And LU should stop putting the nutcracker sound over Strong breaking ankles. It's super fake and silly to the point of breaking suspension of disbelief.
Aerostar just stole an immortal woman's soul and traveled through time to resurrect his dead friend with it who is now an evil zombie, but some foley of a celery stalk breaks your immersion.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I can't believe we're so close so UL already. I really thought Marty was a transitional champ but he's carrying it all the way to the season (series?) finale.

That said, as disappointed as I am with nearly everything else, the wrestling is still fun and there's still several matches at UL that say MOTY contender to me.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
And now Johnny Mundo has the Power Glove.

It’s moments like these that make me forgive everything with this promotion.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

It’s moments like these that make me forgive everything with this promotion.

Also Drago has a forklift and matching safety gear. They follow OSHA standards in El Inframundo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Possible hot take: Jake Strong is so loving boring.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AKA Driver posted:

Also Drago has a forklift and matching safety gear. They follow OSHA standards in El Inframundo.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1055276229018992640

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's moments like these that make me forgive everything with this promotion.
Not just that, he has LIGHTNING ABS!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Possible hot take: Jake Strong is so loving boring.
If they follow up on him possibly being possessed by an evil entity like they implied last week, I'd be into it. As he is right now without a gimmick though, dude is :geno: personified.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

sticklefifer posted:

If they follow up on him possibly being possessed by an evil entity like they implied last week, I'd be into it. As he is right now without a gimmick though, dude is :geno: personified.

Agreed. I wasn't thrilled when I heard he was coming in. I wasn't thrilled to see him wrestle. But I actually went out of my way to watch early to see what they did with the demon voice and it's too bad they just didn't bring him in like that from the beginning. Give him a 3 piece suit he could wrestle in rather than that ugly singlet and have him cut more promos dubbed over with the demon voice.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Just make him Biff Tannen who stole the DeLorean.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
Say what you will, but Strong’s knees up reversal of Dante Fox’s top rope senton near the end of the match looked like it killed both of them. That couldn’t have felt good for either.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This has been my thought process for the past several episodes of Lucha Underground.

https://twitter.com/Gavin4L/status/1056000318620745728

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Jesus Christ, Fox got killed twice that episode by half-assed catches. I can't believe that springboard reverse shooting star to the outside plopped him right in a dead zone of six people where he just sort of flopped to the ground without any support.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If it's any consolation the pads LU uses on the outside are very thick and dense, they're like mini stunt crash pads. Also, they have PAs running out off camera and stacking extra ones before big spots

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Oh god, I missed that the hardhat has holes for his horns. :3:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Jesus Christ, Fox got killed twice that episode by half-assed catches. I can't believe that springboard reverse shooting star to the outside plopped him right in a dead zone of six people where he just sort of flopped to the ground without any support.

It looked like he landed directly on his tailbone with that balcony flip. I wonder how much of that was selling. :gonk:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo it's Ultima Lucha and no posts. How the mighty have fallen.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah dude it's Halloween.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

God. drat.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just watched Última lucha cuatro part one and it was pretty good. It'll be interesting to see how part two holds up. Matanza rag dolling Mundo will be a sight to see.

Also does Swerve leaving LU signal a move to the Fed?

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 3, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo it is the end of the season already? I honestly gave up after 2-3 episodes when there was no sign of Dario coming back. He played an enormous part in holding everything together for me and even if it is the same actor in a different role, it's not the same without "Dario"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

young samuel guevara fuckin rules

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jenkem Delivery posted:

MLW for now

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man, I'm gonna miss Killshot. He's been one of my favorites since S1 and still has one of the best matches in the show and of that year.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jenkem Delivery posted:

He dropped the Evolve title recently too, and that's been their farm league lately. I wouldn't be surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Had 6 people at my bar confused as hell and and jaws agape for that closing movie.

It’s everything wrestling should be.