Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
loving what? This week's episode was majorly disappointing. It was WWE As gently caress to be honest.

Who was that new woman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LupusAter posted:

Dude, everything that happened was the consequence of stuff that was set up in the previous episodes. That's as far from WWE as you can get.

Yes, except they took the one thing that really made GOTG stand out from MITB and arbitrarily scrapped it for the sake of taking the title off of someone over and putting it on a mediocre (comparatively) heel midcarder for ostensibly shock value.

Yeah, Dragon Azteca lost it defending it but WWE has done that gimmick too. It's not organically part of the thing, but they've done it 3 or 4 times, albeit only having it change hands once to date.

The reason it's WWE-esque is because they used GOTG in the one way I never felt they would. To put the title on a relatively random, not especially over midcarder in a way that kinda makes the new champion look like a geek (because it wasn't built to properly) and severely undermines the title. It'd bother me significantly less if Marty wasn't in "creative has nothing for you" land for 90% of the season.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Ulty posted:

I believe that was former TNA Knockout Champion Laurel Van Ness (Chelsea Greene)

Holy poo poo I think it was. I'm so used to her other terrible look that I didn't recognize her.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

This season is Pentagon's story. Now he has something to fight for.

Seriously? To me it's come off more like Fenix's or Azteca's or Matanza's or even Johnny's so far. Almost literally every major character on the show has felt more focused on to me than Pentagon. With Pentagon the title defenses have felt more like a formality. Maybe that's a function of the fact that Pentagon rarely cuts any promos, but like, Pentagon has felt like a fixture, yes, but not really a focus. And before you go thinking that this contradicts my complaint, my problem isn't with the story, it's with the other subject and how it's being told. I don't buy Marty as a top level threat at all, and the whole thing feels unbelievably shoehorned, so if it's supposed to be the main thrust of the show it's doing a lovely job.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I don't think a guy who cheated in two different ways is supposed to be seen as a top level threat. This is just how we put Penta back in the story. He spent most of the show as a midcarder or gatekeeper that his title run was necessary to build his credibility as a top guy. Now he has something to chase.

I mean if months on Marty is still champion and portrayed as a worldbeater, I'll eat my words. But the guy has transitional champion written all over him.

I just think I dislike the idea of transitional champs as a rule unless it's a feel good thing. Transitional heel champs are rear end.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Possible hot take: Jake Strong is so loving boring.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo it's Ultima Lucha and no posts. How the mighty have fallen.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LupusAter posted:

Now I want a season 5. Season 4 admittedly dragged a bit, but I think it was mostly dragged down by external problems. Story wise, it is setting for the bleakest moment, and it would be an absolute bummer if it ended on what is the lowest note by design.
I will say that Strong as a villain makes absolute sense even in a meta perspective, but he absolutely needs to get his comeuppance.

He sucks op

I absolutely laughed my rear end off at the dude chanting holy poo poo while looking utterly confused while Pentagon got jumped after the match.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 9, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They should have had Pentagon be top guy and stay there. No one else in LU was anywhere near as over after season 1.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Clearly all a shoot so season 5 is the cast escaping the temple

Legends of the Lucha Temple

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

karmicknight posted:

I mean, I'm sure Luis Fernandez-Gil would do a great job as Olmec.

The Shrine of the Spot Monkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

I think "legally 100% free with ads" is a fair price for the whole show

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1159310555204718599

But that's awesome, to be fair.