Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

I really enjoyed this movie. The twist really did get me

I too thought it was the brother, who was engineering the events to get the law signed. So I was surprised it was the sister who was setting it up just to salt the earth for legalization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Z. Autobahn posted:

The action scenes were a blast and the family stuff was great, but man, that movie was just totally incoherent from a structural and thematic perspective. What's the takeaway from the gender-role reversal stuff? By the end, they're all just doing heroic things together just like they were at the start, so what's the point of anything? Why does the villain have a bunch of anti-consumerist rants... are they wrong? Right? Just random ideas hurled into the void to seem smarter than it actually is? How does anything about the villain's plan make sense? Superheroes are illegal... so I'm going to make them legal... and then make them ILLEGAL AGAIN ? What the hell does 'superheroes are illegal' even mean in a movie in which Elastigirl is openly doing superheroic things and taking public interviews about them and not being arrested? On the most basic level what is this movie ABOUT?

The villains main goal is to make even the thought of super heroes being restored to legal status to be political suicide. To kill all public trust in supers. She blames supers for her parents death cause her father believed that they would save his life more then the safe room would. Screenslaver himself was the puppet to play out the whole legalization process to gather the most prominent political supporters in one place and kill them.

Supers being illegal is more in the terms of wearing the costume is fine, but fighting crime is considered vigilantism thus illegal. Being liable for property damage too as supers can be very high property damage. The way its framed, it's likely that even using powers is prohibited which is likely the major contention.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Why are we throwing randian when the proper word we should be throwing is Nietzschean ?

• Locked thread