Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I donated some more now I wrangle kitchen appliances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Lowtax please get an auto-pay donation thing set up I will absolutely shell out ~60 bucks a month or more to keep this place alive. SA is good, maybe even great.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

:hellyeah:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Do people really think a monthly subscription model would do anything other than kill the site in 30 days? The vast majority of people buy their account, plus maybe an avatar and then they're done spending. They will drop this site like a hot rock the moment a page opens up asking them to enter their credit card details to continue browsing the cute pictures thread.

Optional u fukkin dork

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

There's already plenty of optional ways to give money to the site. If you really want to spend extra you can buy a new avatar, buy other people avatars, red text people, or buy a smiley. I fail to see how this other optional way to spend money would save anything. Are these optional subscribers supposed to get special posting privileges? All the really good posts hidden from non-subscribers?

You're pretty dense not-my-friendo. I have money I'd like to spend, in SA, right, because it's given me so much. The easier and best way, for me (and others) is to have a recurring sub that rolls over each month. Patreon is one thing yeah but they take a cut.
Yeah I could buy avatars and accounts and whatever the gently caress else but I don't want to be bothered.
I've got more money than time and spending time buying avatars in a less-direct way is cool and good.
Better is to just take my money.

• Locked thread