Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Woden posted:

Why are male dominated fields always so poo poo but ones dominated by women chill and good(except the pay, lol)?

Like if you're a man in child care or nursing the women will have your back and really go to bat for you, but on the flip side men will just be turds and blame women for everything.

My wife's a nurse and, haha, uh, well

Let's call it "cliquish"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Nursing is different, it’s for weird martyr people who love attention and need validation

She works the night shift, that's more for people whose lives have not gone the way they would have liked and this was the most straightforward way to make a bunch of money

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently there's a problem where male nurses essentially can't touch female addicts for fear of harassment complaints that immediately have to be taken seriously, with a full blown investigation and everything... which means the female nurses get to deal with that kind of manipulative, drug-seeking behavior a lot more while the male nurses take care of fat people or whatever

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

It's not really an excuse per se I just think it's sort of an obvious outcome. I was a depressed outcast that was probably going down that road when fortunately I had some friends help me reinvent myself in college and it was like night and day with my outlook and openness to other people. The reality is a lot of bright kids with a more of an aptitude towards stem things than social skills kinda get poo poo on in school and by the time their peers have grown past that they already feel so isolated it can be hard to dig back out of that hole.

School is A students teaching B students to work for C students

• Locked thread