Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I’d be happy with Sept 2019. Gives me plenty of time to get through Sekiro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the man in the gold mask... who wears ANOTHER mask underneath, is troy baker

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I'm surprised we have a thread for this game. I doubt we'll have any info on it until it actually releases.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
also this guy is somebody too
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1045674/?ref_=rvi_nm

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1043775253434912768

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Booty Pageant posted:

the man in the gold mask... who wears ANOTHER mask underneath, is troy baker

He’ll have like 4 lines of dialogue then. Definitely a boss fight.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 23, 2018

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ocelot no!

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Kojima said he wanted this game to be about "ropes that connect" instead of "sticks that push away" and sure enough there's ropes everywhere.

You use ropes to tie your cargo and bodybags to Sam.

The umbilical cord is like the ultimate connecting rope and you've got one permanently attached to you and your baby.

Ropes seem to drip down from the title font. They also hang down from the spooky dark sky.

ROPES

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/teejaye84/status/1043906088184119296

Skullface mask and similar suit. That lower face skull mask is similar to Troy Baker’s character and the Ludens astronaut mascot.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

So that's totally a boss intro cutscene. Think we'll actually be fighting it or will it be an escape sequence?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Looks like an escape, like the first time you meet the Metal Gear in TPP. Or you may have options. Escape, lethal kill, or non-lethal takedown.

Also Stefanie Joosten all but confirmed by that trailer.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 24, 2018

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

RatHat posted:

So that's totally a boss intro cutscene. Think we'll actually be fighting it or will it be an escape sequence?

This game is scary and weird, help :ohdear:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

That monster feels like it's straight out of Blood Borne. The trailer vibe makes it feel totally different to the bits of trekking gameplay from before. Really interested to see how it turns out, so far there haven't really been any weapons demonstrated, and dying has been implied to be seriously bad for everyone.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

TheMostFrench posted:

That monster feels like it's straight out of Blood Borne. The trailer vibe makes it feel totally different to the bits of trekking gameplay from before. Really interested to see how it turns out, so far there haven't really been any weapons demonstrated, and dying has been implied to be seriously bad for everyone.

Sam has a transforming gun in the last trailer.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Look Sir Droids posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/teejaye84/status/1043906088184119296

Skullface mask and similar suit. That lower face skull mask is similar to Troy Baker’s character and the Ludens astronaut mascot.

Lmao what is this game even about. Every trailer seems totally disconnected from the last. It's great.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My best bet:

Nanites are deployed in a war, but with a kill switch mechanism that would kill the nanites in 5 years.

In a few years the nanites have many eons of evolution, they don't straight kill the humans (that manage to survive trough clone factories and using friendly nanite colonies).

The nanites evolve beyond our comprehension and become the superior lifeform on earth. The effects of this lifeform are beyond our comprehension, with the apparent capability to "consume" life by dumping entropy on plants and animals.

After hundreds of years, humans still survive this world, the world where nanites are the bigger lifeform. Humans only exist on a few settlements. Then the kill switch start working and killing the nanites, after 5000 years, the kill switch is working and is killing the nanites evolved forms. Humans are prey in this new apocalypse that is going to kill all the nanites, giving the control of earth back to humans.

Humans are divided in factions, with one tryiing to help the nanites, and become part of the nanites hivemind themselves.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 24, 2018

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I’m not really getting a nanomachines vibe. They don’t explain the rain aversion, or tar like substance, or the baby capsules.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I think it's about like collecting and transporting resources from parallel dimensions to save a central doomed timeline or something and that's why coming into contact with the weird shadow dudes causes an explosion (because they're antimatter) and why people talk about dying like it's NBD except for damage to the location (because you're a clone of Sam or quantum leaping or something)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I like how Shinkawa art makes everything look so cool and makes me want to buy everything he's involved in. For example this game might be a hot mess but in my mind its just some pseudo MGS spinoff

Also

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Your Parents posted:

I think it's about like collecting and transporting resources from parallel dimensions to save a central doomed timeline or something and that's why coming into contact with the weird shadow dudes causes an explosion (because they're antimatter) and why people talk about dying like it's NBD except for damage to the location (because you're a clone of Sam or quantum leaping or something)

Agree. I’m thinking time and space manipulation will be a big deal.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Look Sir Droids posted:

I’m not really getting a nanomachines vibe. They don’t explain the rain aversion, or tar like substance, or the baby capsules.

Nanomachines in the rain, the tar is end-of-phase nanites, and the baby capsules is because if nanites find you, they will consume your prime existence to fuel themselves. Nanites have humanoid shapes, or maybe some nanites where originally humans that were "abduct" into the nanite-continuum.

Your Parents posted:

This one makes a lot of sense to me. Except the inclusion of many timelines make people cynist.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Skullface on an eternal quest to discover WWWWWWHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO?!?!?!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I don't think I could handle yet another fun magical realism tale explained away to loving hell as simply being "NANOMACHINES, SON"

The worst was when they took Vamp, who was explicitly this weird loving entity, and literally said nanomachines were responsible for ALL his powers and it got loving worse with MGSV wherein they retconned cool mystical poo poo like The End being simply a guy who happened to have "weird unique nanites or whatever." Honestly I hope it's not nanites because nanomachines to Kojima are literally the laziest deus ex machina in game history. But I guess I sort of can't blame him since there were so many retcons in MGS4/V and at that point how else do you explain things.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

He’s not bogged down by Metal Gear lore anymore. No need to lean on nanomachines.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Instead, grey goo!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
lmao that monster has an rear end in a top hat for a face. look at it when it roars. gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

WaltherFeng posted:

I like how Shinkawa art makes everything look so cool and makes me want to buy everything he's involved in. For example this game might be a hot mess but in my mind its just some pseudo MGS spinoff

Also

seriously. i wish i could have a portrait done like that but im boring and not a videogame hero

• Locked thread