Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I’ve been considering how similar this game is to Metal Gear Survive. You’re roaming around a bleak alien-looking landscape, there are weird half-seen creatures in the mist, it looks like there are at least some survival elements in DS. I think it’s very likely that Kojima had some early concepts for this game knocking about when he was at Konami, and when he got booted, the company basically ordered the remaining team to follow the plans he left behind. Meanwhile, Kojima carried on with his plans and they eventually led to what we’ve seen today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

I’m pretty sure Konami just recycled assets and made a low effort tower defense game, my dude.

Sure, but I think it’s pretty likely that the game originally grew out of a concept that Kojima was working on, that Kojima then turned into DS. It’s not an endorsement of Metal Gear Survive.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Well, I imagine that early concept didn’t have zombies in it? Or wasn’t a Metal Gear game? It seems pretty likely that Kojima would be pissed off with Konami and not want to endorse their game in any way.

I just think it’s interesting that in basic concept it looks like MG Survive and DS are somewhat similar (though obviously I expect the latter will be a thousand times better), and it hardly takes many outlandish theories to imagine a reason why that might be the case.

• Locked thread