Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Please tell me it has the common sense to have BD's encounter rate settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Did my first 3 hour run. I started with Cyrus and picked up Ophilia and H'aanit, only doing Ophilias chapter while opting to skip H'aanits to save time. H'aanit is very fun, especially how you can knock out her entire village and get her some exp to quickly catch up to the party. I was also happy to see that after using Scrutinize on someone that reveals a hidden item, the item location shows up on the minimap.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Please tell me it has the common sense to have BD's encounter rate settings.

Cyrus has a support ability that reduces encounter rate. That was the only thing I could find in the demo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Your Computer posted:

can't sleep so I started blocking out a Bravely Default style Tressa 3D model because obviously that's the best use of my time

That's loving awesome! I'd love to see the rest of the cast like that, though obviously that's a lot to ask.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Just played half an hour last night of Therion's prologue, obviously not really enough to get much of a feel for it. I only played a few battles as Olberic in the earlier demo, but didn't even hit 1 fight as Therion in the time I spent with it (flashbacks :argh:) Hopefully I'll get to play more later.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Your Computer posted:

oh yeah, that's another thing I didn't like about the demo. The characters don't even speak to each other, you walk up to them and get a tutorial message and an "Add this character to your party?" prompt. :sigh: Bravely had such lively characters and their interactions were great (well uh, for the most part. *cough*Ringabel*cough*)

e: completely unrelated topic - I've seen SaGa comparisons (like several this page) and I was wondering, are any of those games worth playing? They seem like really impenetrable games and I know very little about them, but I'm way into JRPGs so...

SaGa Frontier is cool but it's literally missing content (including Fuse's storyline) which is unfortunate. It's still fun to play and Red's story in particular is great.

SaGa Frontier 2 is a trashfire and you should never play it. One of the characters' stories ends in a strategic battle where you literally cannot win if the enemy's units don't move certain ways and wait X number of turns before moving at all. The other character's story also has spots that seem like raw contempt for the player.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I thought I'd like Cyrus a lot but his voice just kinda irks me, and his plot setup isn't all that compelling to me. Maybe I'll try Alfyn next.

Also, are rogue path actions more rewarding in some way than noble ones? It seems like having a chance to fail and lose reputation is an unfortunate downside that you don't have to deal with if you're doing a noble action.

I'm a little bit less sold on the game after some time with the demo yesterday, though, specifically because of the lack of character interaction and not too much indication that there'll be a lot of it. It seems like the selling point of something like this, with an ensemble cast of eight characters each with their own goals and motivations, should be bouncing them off each other, right? Maybe they start to do that after the first chapter and the lack of interaction during the recruitment parts is a fluke?

I worry a bit that the game is just going to be eight solo stories about people who just happen to be in the same party but never really interact.

It's not like there's any lack of effort put into the writing! I was pretty impressed when I realized that any nameless NPC I could Scrutinize as Cyrus would have a little biography for me to read, and I have to imagine Alfyn can get the same thing (or something slightly different?) with his path action, so that's pretty cool. It's just that it's very odd to have the party members not interact at all as the group comes together and I don't think it bodes well.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 15, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The inter-party character interactions are absolutely my biggest "Hmmm??", and have been for quite a while. With that said, a month or so back, Gameinformer wrote up their thoughts on the preview event some journalists went to, and they did detail an event between two party members.

quote:

The notion that these stories are more personal is exemplified in travel banter scenes. I see one right after a story beat in which a grateful character gives Alfyn a gift, sparking one of Tressa’s memories. While the development team has asked me not to share too many details, the two characters share a brief moment reflecting on the event, with Tressa sharing a story from her past and detailing why it was such a pivotal moment in her backstory. I gain additional insight into her character, adding an extra layer of humanity to the relationship.

As for Rogue v. Noble actions, Rogue actions generally have their level/money restrictions replaced with a percentage chance to fail. So you will have the chance to complete a quest/receive a strong item earlier than you would with Noble actions.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I vaguely remember a similiar concept game being lped here ages ago - had nes/snes grapics and the gimmick was that you’d play a robot, a cowboy, a knight etc and then timetravel happened - anyone know what I am talking about?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Avalerion posted:

I vaguely remember a similiar concept game being lped here ages ago - had nes/snes grapics and the gimmick was that you’d play a robot, a cowboy, a knight etc and then timetravel happened - anyone know what I am talking about?

Live a Live.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
If anything this kind of reminds me or Suikoden 3 so far. You pick your protagonist and relegate the others to party member status but there’s no real party interaction to speak of.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Terper posted:

The inter-party character interactions are absolutely my biggest "Hmmm??", and have been for quite a while. With that said, a month or so back, Gameinformer wrote up their thoughts on the preview event some journalists went to, and they did detail an event between two party members.

Well, that sounds a little bit better. I definitely hope it picks up later.

Part of me wonders if the character recruitment process is just kind of a fluke because they couldn't quite make it work because of how many different permutations of party configurations there could be as you go, so all you're really doing is playing through each character's prologue and then after that things actually start, because they know you have all eight? I dunno.

If it were me, I might have made these prologues a "flashback" or something. Like start with the whole party around a campfire or something and you pick who tells their backstory first, then just play through all the prologues solo and pick up from there.

Terper posted:

As for Rogue v. Noble actions, Rogue actions generally have their level/money restrictions replaced with a percentage chance to fail. So you will have the chance to complete a quest/receive a strong item earlier than you would with Noble actions.

Ah, that makes sense. So far I've only really played as Cyrus so I only had a rogue path action to work with.

For people who have played several/all of the prologues: which characters have the most compelling plot setups for you? Cyrus's kinda left me cold so I'm shopping around for who I'm going to pick as my "main" character.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

guts and bolts posted:

SaGa Frontier sucks tho, real talk. Play 2 if you like amazing OSTs, unique aesthetics, inaccessible battle mechanics with sometimes crushing difficulty, an incomprehensible plot told out of chronological order, and badass characters

I want to post something like "i will fite you :mad:", but I can totally get where you're coming from here. I'm one of those weirdos who loves SaGa Frontier -- the odd play mechanics, the wild imagination on display, the sheer weirdness of it all. It also has indisputably one of the best soundtracks for a game, like, ever. It is so definitely not a game for everyone, though. I think part of my irrational attachment to it is that it was, like, my third Playstation game ever, after not owning a console since the Atari 2600. I finished off FF7 and Parappa and bought SaGa completely blind as my follow-up. (And Persona a few weeks later.)

2 is real cool, too -- all that you said and more. I just don't think it so definitively overshadows the first one.

I'm going to play a little more of the Octopath demo, but really, I'm mostly happy waiting for the release day. I just might have to chuck SaGa Frontier in the PS3 over the weekend, though.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It is somewhat amusing to me that mild-mannered, kind-hearted Alfyn's only available weapon (without sub-jobs, of course) is a big ol' giant axe. I kinda figured he'd use daggers and bows or something.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Rasamune posted:

Final Fantasy Legend 1 - 3 are fairly straightforward as far as this series goes, and 2 especially is worth trying out if you're into oldschool JRPGs

Play Legend 2so you can shoulder mount a tank cannon on your robot to make them your best character.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Harrow posted:

Well, that sounds a little bit better. I definitely hope it picks up later.

Part of me wonders if the character recruitment process is just kind of a fluke because they couldn't quite make it work because of how many different permutations of party configurations there could be as you go, so all you're really doing is playing through each character's prologue and then after that things actually start, because they know you have all eight? I dunno.

If it were me, I might have made these prologues a "flashback" or something. Like start with the whole party around a campfire or something and you pick who tells their backstory first, then just play through all the prologues solo and pick up from there.

Ah, that makes sense. So far I've only really played as Cyrus so I only had a rogue path action to work with.

For people who have played several/all of the prologues: which characters have the most compelling plot setups for you? Cyrus's kinda left me cold so I'm shopping around for who I'm going to pick as my "main" character.

Currently, the most compelling stories for me are Cyrus, Alfyn, Tressa, and Olberic's stories, and those four are probably gonna end up as my main party. That said, the others also did catch my eye (except for Ophilia, but that's because I haven't gotten around to actually do any of her stuff.)

Besides, I have a secondary desire to know whether or not the person who shows up at the end of Cyrus's prologue is one of the three crow men that killed Primrose's father.

Terper posted:

That is freaking neat.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 15, 2018

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Can you recruit more than 4 characters? How do you switch them?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yes. By going to a tavern.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

It is somewhat amusing to me that mild-mannered, kind-hearted Alfyn's only available weapon (without sub-jobs, of course) is a big ol' giant axe. I kinda figured he'd use daggers and bows or something.

AMPUTATION! :black101:

What amuses me most about that is that Alfyn is the one that has the direct damage Axe skills. I'm probably going to make his subclass a Scholar down the line.

Incidentally, it seems that the classes that have both physical direct damage skills using their weapons and magic direct damage skills of elemental nature only have one single-target elemental spell (with the rest of their direct damage skills using one of their weapons, if they can equip more than one weapon). By contrast, the ones that don't have physical direct damage skills have at least one single-target and one multi-target spell of one particular uncommon element amidst various other skills, while Cyrus has 6 spells, two each for the more common Fire, Ice, and Lightning elements, that deal multi-target damage (with 3 of them hitting twice), and Olberic has physical direct damage skills for both sword and spear on top of his other skills.

What this means basically amounts to:

Cyrus can use Staves with his normal attack action, but does not have any attack skills that uses the Staff to do direct damage. But he has direct damage spells among his skillset that lets him hit no less than three elemental weaknesses (Fire, Ice, and Lightning) + versions of them that hits all enemies twice (and one skill that let's him see the HP of enemies + see any unrevealed weaknesses they have).

Tressa can use Bows and Spears with her normal attack action, but do not have direct damage skills for either of them. Her direct damage skills that come from her own power are the single-target and multi-target Wind elemental spells (the skill that let's you summon hired help might add more ways for her to damage enemies, but I'm not sure since I haven't used it, and the rest of her skills are support skills).

Olberic can use Swords and Lances and has direct damage skills for both of them (in addition to support skills befitting a physical attacker).

Primrose has one single-target and one multi-target dark spell in her skillset. The rest are support moves. In addition, she can use Daggers with her normal attack action.

Alfyn can only use an Axe, and his skillset has a single-target ice spell and direct damage Axe skills (but only two of them so far because he also has a variety of healing magic + one spell that poisons enemies). There's also his Concoct talent that I haven't tested out fully.

Therion can use Daggers and Swords, but his skillset only has direct damage skills for his Dagger weapon + 1 single-target Fire spell.

H'aanit can use Axes and Bows, but her skillset only has direct damage skills for her Bow weapon + 1 single-target Lightning spell.

I'd bet Ophilia won't have any attack skills that uses the Staff that she's able to use with her normal attacks, while she's going to have one single-target and one multi-target Light spell in her skillset along with a plethora of healing and support skills.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Terper posted:

Go rogue and savescum your way to victory.

e: Unless you can make absolutely stupid amounts of money and bribe your way through everything, like the annoying votes in Disgaea that cost tens/hundreds of millions of HL and you have a few billion to spare. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how can i only have 3 hours of this until next month

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

What amuses me most about that is that Alfyn is the one that has the direct damage Axe skills. I'm probably going to make his subclass a Scholar down the line.

Do we know how subclasses affect stats? I'm kind of curious if, say, giving someone like Olberic a subclass with magic would increase his magic power, or if it doesn't (or doesn't in any significant way) and it would be better to double-up on whatever the character is already good at.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

eonwe posted:

how can i only have 3 hours of this until next month
The 3 hours only count for that save file, so you could just start up a new game and play with the other characters.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Evil Fluffy posted:

SaGa Frontier is cool but it's literally missing content [...] SaGa Frontier 2 is a trashfire and you should never play it.

SaGa Frontier and 2 are both hilariously unfinished, but one of those games has Gustav and one doesn't, so the winner should be obvious even with the Battle of South Moundtop

atholbrose posted:

SaGa Frontier stuff

SaGa Frontier 2 was one of my first-ever PSX games, and I'm a child of that era - I was only old enough to kinda get into videogames by the tail end of the SNES/Genesis epoch, and the Playstation was the first console we owned as a family. A lot of the games I played were rented from Blockbuster Video and were sometimes so damaged/scratched they didn't function (I grew up in a densely populated East Coast city, I guess that's to be expected), so I decided to start picking out titles that seemed ignored or forgotten or went consistently un-rented. Final Fantasy VII was Kid Guts' first real jRPG besides some snatches of Chrono Trigger I'd played at a friend's house, but SaGa Frontier 2 was not far behind.

I provide this nonsense Chuck Klosterman contextual aside because I think it's the main reason I can't help but love SaGa Frontier 2. It was a right-place, right-time experience for a younger me, who had way more time on his hands to dedicate to learning the obscura of a game that maybe didn't earn that level of devotion. As an adult I can recognize SaGa Frontier 2 for what it was - an overly ambitious passion project that fell considerably short of expectations, shipped in an unfinished state to recoup any cost of development that they could - but the nostalgia of playing it when and where I did makes me kind of incapable of being objective about it. Objectively I should know it's bad, but I just kinda love it anyway.

It doesn't hurt that I played it sandwiched between a bunch of games I consider all-time classics, either (FF7, Final Fantasy Tactics, Metal Gear Solid, and CastleVania: Symphony of the Night). I also respect that both SaGa Frontier games swung for it, right - they tried to do weird, unique poo poo, and most of it I'd quantify as a failure as a man grown but they did try.

Also, SaGa Frontier 2 has one of my favorite battle tracks of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SepIcjoSkwY

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

guts and bolts posted:

SaGa Frontier 2 stuff

We have very similar stories. Context matters a lot for attachment to games. And drat if after reading this I didn't have to go and start a PS3 controller charging. Now I know how I'm spending the weekend.

PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-oSUIEn218

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Has anyone speedran the demo enough to get 5 characters? I hit the time limit just as I got my 4th, and I'm interested in knowing if people outside of the current battle party get full, reduced, or no exp. This can make or break a game vis-a-vis grinding (see: battle chasers nightwar)

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
God I want to play this demo, but I also don't want it getting its hooks in then I have a four week wait until I can play the full game.

Someone just tell me its really good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Has anyone speedran the demo enough to get 5 characters? I hit the time limit just as I got my 4th, and I'm interested in knowing if people outside of the current battle party get full, reduced, or no exp. This can make or break a game vis-a-vis grinding (see: battle chasers nightwar)

A bloke on Reddit did this in 2:47

As for your question though, I don't know.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

All you had to do was take your two out of party guys with someone like Garrison who can finish a battle in one round and everyone levels. Can game it further by getting to boss, exit and return with underleveled guys and kill boss.

Anyway, battle system looks like it should be stellar once you get deeper in.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

That's loving awesome! I'd love to see the rest of the cast like that, though obviously that's a lot to ask.
aw, thanks :3:

in my sleep deprived state I had the same idea, though like you say that would be a pretty colossal undertaking. The hard part (for me, anyway) isn't the modeling but the texturing anyway, so we'll see how far I get with this one before moving to the next :sweatdrop:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It did end up in the second post, which is where all the thread original content shall go.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Folt The Bolt posted:

Alfyn can only use an Axe, and his skillset has a single-target ice spell and direct damage Axe skills (but only two of them so far because he also has a variety of healing magic + one spell that poisons enemies). There's also his Concoct talent that I haven't tested out fully.

At least one concoct combination I tried dealt fire damage. I think I'm going to buy a bunch of ingredients and test it out later. So far it hasn't been explained at all in the tooltips but I may have missed it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Alfyn having the Final Fantasy Chemist-style Mix ability is definitely a strong argument in favor of making him my main character, honestly

I wonder what would make the best subclass for him. Depending on how rare/precious ingredients are, Scholar might be redundant if he can deal other kinds of elemental damage with mixes.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Eeyo posted:

At least one concoct combination I tried dealt fire damage. I think I'm going to buy a bunch of ingredients and test it out later. So far it hasn't been explained at all in the tooltips but I may have missed it.

Thought there might be something like that with his Concoct skill.

Also, judging by the icons, Cyrus's eight skill that's currently a mystery for now seems to be something that helps allies. Tressa's eight skill seems to be something that does physical damage, as is Olberic's, and Primrose's also seem to be something that helps allies.

Harrow posted:

Alfyn having the Final Fantasy Chemist-style Mix ability is definitely a strong argument in favor of making him my main character, honestly

I wonder what would make the best subclass for him. Depending on how rare/precious ingredients are, Scholar might be redundant if he can deal other kinds of elemental damage with mixes.

Hm... is Concoct able to be boosted? If not, the Scholar will have value.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 15, 2018

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Folt The Bolt posted:

Tressa can use Bows and Spears with her normal attack action, but do not have direct damage skills for either of them. Her direct damage skills that come from her own power are the single-target and multi-target Wind elemental spells (the skill that let's you summon hired help might add more ways for her to damage enemies, but I'm not sure since I haven't used it, and the rest of her skills are support skills).

I picked Tressa to start with. Her hired help lets her spend money to use an attack that targets all enemies. Your options are:

Mercenary- $150, sword attack on all enemies and boost defense for all allies
Bandit- $800, Axe attack on all enemies
Dancer- $2,500, Dagger attack on all enemies with a chance of inflicting status ailments
Cleric- $10,000, Light attack on all enemies
Veteran Soldier- $30,000, Powerful sword attack on all enemies

Boosting causes them to hit multiple times like normal attacks do, but doesn't change the cost.

So she can get access to a bunch of other elements, but unless there's some serious money inflation later on (which is possible, this is a JRPG) you probably won't use most of them in random encounters.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I asked the guy on Reddit, and they said that inactive party members don't get any exp. Bummer. :( Though it seems like the exp scaling between levels will make catching them up not terribly bad, considering the game wants you to use all 8.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Snake Maze posted:

I picked Tressa to start with. Her hired help lets her spend money to use an attack that targets all enemies. Your options are:

Mercenary- $150, sword attack on all enemies and boost defense for all allies
Bandit- $800, Axe attack on all enemies
Dancer- $2,500, Dagger attack on all enemies with a chance of inflicting status ailments
Cleric- $10,000, Light attack on all enemies
Veteran Soldier- $30,000, Powerful sword attack on all enemies

Boosting causes them to hit multiple times like normal attacks do, but doesn't change the cost.

So she can get access to a bunch of other elements, but unless there's some serious money inflation later on (which is possible, this is a JRPG) you probably won't use most of them in random encounters.

That probably sounds like something you'll get the most use out of in the lategame when money isn't quite as big a problem.

Also, Primrose's seventh skill appears to do a random effect on enemies. I've seen a Wind elemental attack done from it.

I don't think it's going to be a skill that can be relied on though.

I find it interesting that all the support characters so far has at least one move or talent that can shore up on their weapon/elemental attacks but are either unreliable or rely on resources other than SP and equipping the right weapons. Now I just need to see Ophilia's skill set.

(For the record, the characters of an offensive bent appear to be Cyrus, Olberic, Therion, and H'aanit who all have multiple attacks in their skillset that let them reliably hit enemy weaknesses.)

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Just finished my three hours with the demo. Went Alfyn, Primrose, then Olberic. I didn't play the first demo, so this was the most I'd seen of the game outside one or two trailers.

Really impressed by the sound across the board. I didn't expect the voice acting to be as good as it was. Even with what was at times pretty cheesy dialogue, I though the voice actors sold everything. It helped give the sprites life (considering there aren't any character portraits outside the menus). Music was beautiful.

I can see that when the game dials the difficulty up a bit that the combat will have real potential. Theres a satisfying balancing act in identifying/hitting enemies' weak spots, buffing/healing, and managing your boost points that I found pretty engaging. Also helps heighten combat that the art and effects are of greater fidelity. A buffed and boosted Alfyn doing Amputation really felt like it had weight between the different pieces of production.

From the three characters I saw, and those described in the thread, it sounds like there's some good tonal variety across their stories, and I'm curious to see how they'll interact.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
The battle system is hella good because it really differentiates between "good at game" and "bad at game" decision-making - wasteful use of BP will get you absolutely obliterated even by, like, a chapter one boss, and finding the right balance and rhythm to combat feels satisfying

I watched my sibling play this game against Heathcote and he defended on consecutive turns to weather his powered-up attack; I never had to do that because I always seemed to have him close enough to Break to where I could just burn BP and knock him out of his charge

Also as far as I'm concerned the correct way to start is to go Therion->Alfyn->Primrose->Olberic

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Incorrect. Beastmaster -> Thief -> Chemist -> Dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Eeyo posted:

Ok, here's about all I've been able to figure out so far. I don't think you can overcharge it (unless you get that later?). You get to combine 2 ingredients. The first one is medicinal or hazardous with large or small volume and mild or potent. The medicinal can be combined with any other ingredient to heal/buff/restore SP. Large volume targets entire party and small volume is single target. I'm guessing potency is obvious but I don't have enough things to test. Then you combine one of the first ingredients with one of the other ingredients. Like mild medicinal small volume + "component that restores spirit" restores SP. Or mild/hazardous/small + "component with poisonous effects" does flame damage and has a chance of poisoning. A lot of the offensive ones have a chance to debuff (like lowered elemental or physical armor or confusion).

The healing ones heal quite a bit. Combining with essence of grape did a 1000 single-target heal. I don't know if it scales with level or not. The damage ones so far have only done like 1-10 damage 2-3 times and then had maybe 25-50% chance to debuff. But I've found one for wind, lightning, and fire so far. You remember the combinations too, so once you've learned a recipe you can figure it out again.

I'm not sure how many ingredients there are, there may be multiples of the mild/potent/etc ones. And there may be a lot of different 2nd ingredients but I haven't found that many so far.