Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cubone posted:

isn't travolta famous for having multiple career resurgences?

like he was welcome back kotter, then saturday night fever/grease/carrie, then look who's talking, then pulp fiction (which led into get shorty/broken arrow/michael/faceoff/swordfish/phenomenon), then wild hogs if you're a dad/hairspray if you're gay, then a couple years ago he was robert shapiro with a hosed up face in the o.j. show with a bunch of other formerly famous people like cuba gooding jr and ross from friends

not that I'm expecting this to be another comeback but I wasn't expecting 4:44 either. most solo artists have one good rap album in them, turns out j had 7. so yeah this will probably suck, who even is director kevin connolly?, but I wouldn't count travolta out just yet, he's probably got one more good rap album in him, and I'm not just saying that because I met him in the gym at 2am and he gave me a massage. boy this post was all over the place

Holy poo poo counting wild hogs. That movie was only spared the title of the worst movie I saw in 2007 by the fact Norbit came out the same year. It was so insanely bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Arrhythmia posted:

Which wild trickster spirit convinced you to see Norbit? Loki? Coyote?

I had a lot of time on my hands during the days back then and saw pretty much every movie that hit theaters that year. I think norbit was actually the only movie I walked out of during because I couldn't deal with it any more.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lizardman posted:

John Travolta is sort of like the male Cher in that he has tried to look 30-going-on-40 for so long that even though by now he can't believably pull off roles in that age range, he can't really play roles in his actual age range, either, so they have to keep finding weirder and weirder parts for him because even if he doesn't look 'bad' per se, he doesn't look like anybody you'd see in normal day-to-day life.

They should just cast him in weird cyborg roles like Dolph Lundgren in Johnny Mnemonic. He was sort of similar except less famous.

• Locked thread