Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
E for Effort there.

We need some snappy lines about the crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Action Jackson!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
All swish on the 1080p rip

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Olivia's baby is Cole.... book it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's on netflix.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm happy Jones got a whole shitload of German dialog.

That scene with Cassie came out of no where, it needed a setup or something.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm missing the redshirt daughters, looks like most of them bought it during the battle.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This season has been gold for 9 episodes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone looking for a time travel audiobook. I highly recommend the Extracted books by R.R. Haywood. I'm on the second at the moment, It's a good story.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

qbert posted:

I knew they were too sentimental to go with the sad ending.

drat I'm gonna miss this show.

Almost made mans cry when Cassie saw the house.

One of the best sci-fi shows ever made, period.

Ramsey getting a redemption arc was so badly needed.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I literally yelled YES when he came back. 12 Monkeys did right by Kick Avecedo :unsmith:

Ride or Die! VII

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Man this show was one hell of a ride. I'm sad to se it go but I'm not going to be sad it's gone.

How do you contradict yourself in one sentence, without a comma.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
But now he hasn't got his Superman style VII

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

wormil posted:

Awesome finale, I'm still processing.

I'm really thankful this series got a proper ending because it deserved it.

I started season 1 again last night. I'm up to Deacon taking the facility. Yay Deacon!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think s02e10 Fatherland might be my fav episode so far. The team are in 1961 with Agent Gale.
I'm seeing a lot more detail on the rewatch.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

fallenturtle posted:

Am I alone in being confused at the ending? How can Cole still exist without being born?

He was born.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

fallenturtle posted:

But I thought the events that led up to his conception (Hanna and that other girl being chanced and then running through the woods and finding Cole's daddy) were erased?

But the splinter crew all had the shots, that means they exist outside of time.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bull3964 posted:

The final splinter sequence just edited him out of time altogether, total non-existance for the normal timeline. That also erased project splinter which means Hanna wouldn't have been able to go back in time to conceive him. It sidesteps the paradox basically.

The only people that retained memories of the prime timeline were those who were pulled forward in time, experienced the events, and then put back. Their injections insulated them from the effects of Cole being scrubbed from the timeline.

The final change that Jones did was pop prime Cole back in time to where Jennifer and Cassy were rather than splintering him out of existence. His injections insulated him from the effects of his own timeline erasure so just erasing his timeline wouldn't stop him from existing at that point. He's still a walking paradox, but time is "allowing" it since it owed him for fixing things and eliminating the predestination paradox of his original conception.

But so were Deacon bartender and barfly old Jennifer.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bull3964 posted:

What about them? It was clear from the voiceover that they didn't remember anything, that fate just brought some people together no matter what.

Yeah but 201? whatever Deacon was a child. Old Jennifer were paradoxes right? Unless that scene was set in the far future. i dunno. All the crew they showed at the end living lives, had child or younger versions o themselves, they weren't erased.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Those scenes were just to show us that everyone got a happy ending, no matter what time period it was in.

Yeah... but it's ambiguous at best.

edit: Forget it, i'm happy with whenever. I just rewatched the end and it doesn't matter.

Deacons brother is played by Arron Stanford's stunt double, because Deacon told Cole he reminded him of his brother :)

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 22, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yep. Though I guess it was retconned from season 1 where it was implied that one of the 12 superhuman followers was the corpse.

Wasn't it implied at one stage the carrier skellington was Cole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Nice try, Satan.

Fact. Fear is a good. It's where all the good actors are. Also fact, Cole was in the last episode.

• Locked thread