Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

Even though the main future set was built and filmed in Toronto like everything else on Syfy, the rest of the show is actually filmed in Eastern Europe, which probably would have put a dent in Roger Cross's schedule that five other shows could fill

Uhhh not quite. While they do film overseas (e.g. they had a ten day shoot in Budapest during Season 2) they mostly film in Toronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

jfood posted:

seriously though... having the mentally ill comic relief belting out a p!nk tune, with orchestral backing, to the assembled leadership of the third reich finishing off with the best bad good guy ever murdering hitler and a double doctorate dominatrix machine-gunning a platoon of waffen ss... but it's not campy. it's absurd and just enough obscene, don't think there are any other shows that could carry that tone and have it totally fit.

It was absolutely campy (Hitler headboppin'?) but that's not a bad thing. I kinda adored it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I suspect there are a handful of plotholes here and there -- I'm not sure the show has done enough to support the implication that Deacon was the love of future Jennifer's life, for instance -- but it's remarkably coherent overall. It's impressive.

They've really been very lucky too. Quite a lot of this season has relied on them being able to grab back certain key actors in order to close their characters off -- Peter Outerbridge, most notably, who's been in maybe four minutes of the show until now -- which must have been difficult. I think the only significant actor they haven't had back yet is Madeline Stowe, and her character wasn't really that important in the first place. Oh, and Noah Bean I guess.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
It's not clear if Olivia won or not.

I personally absolutely believe that they ended up in the Red Forest, but the ending is ultimately the one you choose so...

• Locked thread