Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«579 »
codo27
Apr 21, 2008

"I dont fully understand football contracts but you can just be outright cut if you're shit right? With no penalties? Hockey needs that."

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I lean on the mortal draw a lot is that okay?

My PS4 peasant friend dropped by today and I hooked up to my tv to show him the game in 4k maxed out, he's terrible at games and would never buy it anyway. While casually playing and explaining the game I took on the whole bunch of people battling on the stairs outside ashina castle and then went inside to show him super macho man, back stabbed the other red hat in that room almost by accident and killed the big guy too, all rather easily. Even took a bar off of DoH when I went to show him that. Perspective and approach are so important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Confetti being basically required for some fights is probably my biggest complaint about this game. It's not a problem on a second playthrough, but being unable to beat something because you run out of a fairly limited resource is bullshit.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

codo27 posted:

I lean on the mortal draw a lot is that okay?

For what, exactly? I never found it particularly useful but if you do that's great.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I'm the man you think you are.

Gort posted:

For what, exactly? I never found it particularly useful but if you do that's great.

I find it unbelievably useful to take health off of bosses. For most bosses, you can't really break their posture until you've done some health damage, and mortal draw does significant damage through block and interrupts most attacks. You just have to time it after a mikiri or other equally solid counters.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Thereís a reason the second half of speedruns is mostly using mortal draw on bosses. Itís very powerful because it does bug health damage through block and youíre guaranteed to get it.

Aidan_702
Feb 17, 2006

WADDAYA WANT FER CHRIMBO BABE ;^)

Yeah with mortal draw, even when you have no emblems left you can stunlock some bosses with it

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Welp, guess I'm the moron who ignored a useful tool through half the game

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Gort posted:

Welp, guess I'm the moron who ignored a useful tool through half the game

If you think that's bad, I did 2 whole playthroughs without a single Ashina art.

bike tory
May 6, 2007

Just an FYI that for whatever reason, once you get the midair deathblow skill, mortal draw does more damage if you jump and use it in the air.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

"I dont fully understand football contracts but you can just be outright cut if you're shit right? With no penalties? Hockey needs that."

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I've gotten to the point that the first bar of Isshin is fairly easy but the second part? they really gave the motherfucker a gun? though it's not as big a deal as I originally thought. I just can't stay close enough to him with all his fuckin jumping around and swinging that loving gently caress stick

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1

It's the most fun part of the game, enjoy it!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

codo27 posted:

I've gotten to the point that the first bar of Isshin is fairly easy but the second part? they really gave the motherfucker a gun? though it's not as big a deal as I originally thought. I just can't stay close enough to him with all his fuckin jumping around and swinging that loving gently caress stick

HESITATION IS DEFEAT

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

codo27 posted:

Discussion > Games > Sekiro: loving jumping around and swinging that loving gently caress stick

Fargin Icehole
Feb 18, 2011

Pet me.

codo27 posted:

You can do it. Don't give up. Pay extra close attention to his attacks. Stay on him.

Hesitation is defeat.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

codo27 posted:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Rank Sekiro bosses by their memability

Isshin and Guardian Ape gotta be high up there

Demon of Hate and Centipede Giraffe too

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Gyobu would be definitely be competing for number 1, carried by his English/Spanish voice acting.

edit: there's a charity Sekiro randomizer race set to nightmare mode going on right now if anyone wants to see runners try to get through a mibu village where all the villagers are replaced with Owl/Genichiro/Butterfly:

https://twitch.tv/mcrapt0r

BioThermo fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 31, 2020

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

IronicDongz posted:

people would absolutely eat meals of nothing but bacon if it wasn't unhealthy

yeah I know this because there are people who want boss rush modes too

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Phase 2 of Isshin is the real boss fight because phase 3 just feels like a complete joke due to the attack he adds actually working in your favor.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

The Headless are nowhere near as annoying as the sumo dudes. I am so sick of fighting them.
Also the important detail you're all missing is that after pulling out Sekiro's soul, they stick it up their own butt.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BUT SATAN'S BOY
I COULD NEVER BE!

Pork Pro

wyoming posted:

Also the important detail you're all missing is that after pulling out Sekiro's soul, they stick it up their own butt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p34j0atQdJo#t=52s

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I did it. I had a couple attempts where I had it but choked, several deaths to falling off the cliff including one where I flawless'd genich and first stage isshin, but after I dunno 3 hours or so of trying all together, I did it. This may have been worse than Gael for me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BUT SATAN'S BOY
I COULD NEVER BE!

Pork Pro

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

Got the platinum. I cheesed the last ending but otherwise it was a continuous playthrough. I never did get the hang of the raven mist and umbrella tools and mostly stuck with fire, firecrackers, and throwing stars. This is an incredible game. Im very happy with my time with it.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Torquemadras posted:

Rank Sekiro bosses by their memability

Isshin and Guardian Ape gotta be high up there

Demon of Hate and Centipede Giraffe too

MY NAME IS GYOUBU MASATAKA ONIWA

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TG Sanity fund

Lady Butterfly is powerful meme lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Oscar Wild posted:

Got the platinum. I cheesed the last ending but otherwise it was a continuous playthrough. I never did get the hang of the raven mist and umbrella tools and mostly stuck with fire, firecrackers, and throwing stars. This is an incredible game. Im very happy with my time with it.

The umbrella is mainly for widening your parry window on certain bosses and making yourself immune to fire/terror. Anything else is a waste of emblems.

«579 »