Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

perc2
May 16, 2020

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It took Martin 7 years to write one book. If you think Elden Ring is anywhere past the planning stages, you're delusional.

I don't think you know how game development works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It took Martin 7 years to write one book. If you think Elden Ring is anywhere past the planning stages, you're delusional.

counterpoint: this is another side-project GRRM can use to not write ASOIF books. IIRC he actually puts in lots of hours working on those (ie. wild cards), or blogging about football, maybe he'll finish this one quickly.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Don't worry, GRRM can still write plenty when he's motivated. He's written hundred of thousands of words in the past 9 years they're just not the words everyone wanted.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

Don't worry, GRRM can still write plenty when he's motivated. He's written hundred of thousands of words in the past 9 years they're just not the words everyone wanted.

Exactly. he’s the mountain that doesn’t write... but only for ASOIF. for anything else he’ll throw himself into it.

lmao that just reminds me of Winnie the Pooh Targaryen

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Prepare your finest Nippon steel, the Sekiro update is up

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Time to reinstall sekiro I guess

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Ah yes, :turianass: Inner Genichiro :turianass:

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 28, 2020

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
lol I took one try at the first gauntlet, realised they had added whole new attacks and skills, and noped out. I'm happy with all my endings and memories.

Good luck everyone!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Oh poo poo, gently caress yeah

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Haha, Inner Genichiro is able to throw your lightning reversal back at you.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Ohhh, I haven't felt this horrible rush in a while.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
At this point they should just use the email where GRRM confirmed he wanted to do Elden Ring and put it in an item description and then have someone else write the rest of the game. No need to cancel the project or break contracts.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Why do people think grrm is the reason for else rings delay

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Gaius Marius posted:

Why do people think grrm is the reason for else rings delay

Because his inability to actually write anything has been a running gag in his large fandom/hatedom for 10-20 years at this point and people are looking for a new thing to apply the meme to

Also there is a minority of people who are serious and just don’t understand how games are made

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

BioThermo posted:

I beat him easily as a one off remnant boss, but in the gauntlet he absolutely loving blends me into smithereens

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Aidan_702 posted:

I beat him easily as a one off remnant boss, but in the gauntlet he absolutely loving blends me into smithereens

High stakes bring out the hesitation.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Dlc very good.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Since I last played Sekiro I upgraded to windows 10, and now Sekiro will no longer recognize any of my controllers.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Is the dlc good or is it bullshit kinda like the chalice dungeon?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

moosecow333 posted:

Boss Select, Boss Rush, Fashion, and Messages/ghosts, + a few easter eggs

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

moosecow333 posted:

6 ogres in the genichiro tower arena

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Definitely rusty and getting destroyed since not playing this since it came out. Anyway I like the DLC but I wish boss rush had a Retry option to minimize loading times. I might come back to it on PS5/XS if the loading is better.

I'm almost thinking about starting a new fresh game to learn not to hesitate again or lose muscle memory dodge from another game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ghostinmyshell posted:

I'm almost thinking about starting a new fresh game to learn not to hesitate again or lose muscle memory dodge from another game.

This is me. Some new dudes in the PS4 thread might be playing Sekiro for the first time so I'm getting the itch to play it fresh, too.

Though, I'll probably keep my old save, too because I have the challenge guantlet open.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

So was checking out some numbers:

Demon's Souls sold about 1 million units on PS3

Dark Souls sold about 2 million copies initially across 2 platforms, then 3 million plus on PC
Dark Souls 2 probably sold under 5 million initially across 3 platforms
Dark Souls 3 has confirmed sold 10 million units across 3 platforms

The Dark Souls series, every unit across all platforms physical and digital including bundles and remasters, has sold 27 million units

Bloodborne sold about 2 million units on PS4

Sekiro just hit 5 million sold across 3 platforms

pretty rad numbers for a small dev team, especially sekiro just loving killin it for a new IP. would be rad if they did a Tomoe DLC or a sequel because the numbers don't lie, Sekiro is one of FROM's most successful releases of all time.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 29, 2020

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The only bad thing about the souls series success is it means armored core is never getting another release

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
One day out of nowhere they’ll release an Armored Core game but with Sekiro gameplay.

And it will be perfect.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

moosecow333 posted:

One day out of nowhere they’ll release an Armored Core game but with Sekiro gameplay.

And it will be perfect.

:f5:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Inner Genichiro rules. Got my rear end kicked by Fire Isshin from lack of practice and havent found who the second new(?) boss on the second gauntlet might be (Emma is sadly still a mere speed bump despite being cool as poo poo)

Do the boss gauntlets scale with your NG+ count? My only save file is at like NG+4 and I'd rather play them with a balanced level first. Also wish I could get the Kuro Charm only for certain bosses.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 29, 2020

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I'm using a hacked together controller buttons as keyboard input which works well but gently caress me my game keeps crashing my computer now, it was running fine before. Just let me play boss rush

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

Inner Genichiro rules. Got my rear end kicked by Fire Isshin from lack of practice and havent found who the second new(?) boss on the second gauntlet might be (Emma is sadly still a mere speed bump despite being cool as poo poo)

Do the boss gauntlets scale with your NG+ count? My only save file is at like NG+4 and I'd rather play them with a balanced level first. Also wish I could get the Kuro Charm only for certain bosses.

I'm pretty sure the bosses are on the same NG+ cycle as your current save.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Goddamn father and his mist owl bullshit

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

BioThermo posted:

Lmao I wish I found that out in game

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Gaming would pretty much be over if FROM hadn't come along with Souls. Just be nothing but mobile games left.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
This message vocab is so good. “Gamefowl...?, surely not worthy opponent”

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

codo27 posted:

Gaming would pretty much be over if FROM hadn't come along with Souls. Just be nothing but mobile games left.

you know, as hyperbolic as this comes off...i'm willing to entertain it as largely accurate.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

lol

if not for them something else would've filled the same role. that's how this stuff works. dark souls wouldn't have succeeded if there weren't people who wanted to play a game like dark souls and as long as those people exist the same thing would've happened.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Of course, it just so happens that game would have been Lords of the Fallen

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Holy poo poo I did it. I got all the dlc rewards.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dark Souls did have a huge impact (and mostly positive) on indie gaming. Its hard to see games like Hollow Knight or Hyper Light Drifter taking the forms they did without Dark Souls creating a new methodology for action games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Only 10 remnants allowed? Hesitation is defeat, From.