Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Inner Genichiro is kicking my rear end and I love it. It's great to have a hard mode variant of him since the normal boss becomes a complete joke after the initial encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
It took about 8 tries but I got the win against Inner Genichiro on the 1v1 fight, time for boss rush again.

What a fun fight: it took a bit to get back to being able to bully him again but he can fight back a lot easier with his new moves. Parrying his new combos felt so satisfying. Kind of wish I wasn't on ng+5 though lol

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I think the final boss of the boss rush has the only attack in the game that can only be blocked in midair?

He rushes you, sweeps but combos that into an uppercut. I never tried deflecting the whole thing but it seems you have to jump over the sweep and block the follow up in midair.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

skasion posted:

This message vocab is so good. “Gamefowl...?, surely not worthy opponent”

It's pretty good but due to a glaring oversight I'm unable to leave my fellow shinobis vital warnings of holes or to tell them to watch out for the tongue of the big snake

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Oct 30, 2020

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

As I'm not going to have a chance to replay this for a while I'm curious to know, are the remnants for all intents and purposes a soapstone system?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

multijoe posted:

As I'm not going to have a chance to replay this for a while I'm curious to know, are the remnants for all intents and purposes a soapstone system?

Pretty much but also with ghosts that you add yourself. Mostly useful for pointing out secrets.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

multijoe posted:

Recordable “bloodstains” that you can add a message to

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

codo27 posted:

Gaming would pretty much be over if FROM hadn't come along with Souls. Just be nothing but mobile games left.

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/984409321294520321?s=20

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

:haibrow:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Dark souls is actually pretty bad. Sekiro is the only good game fromsoftware has made.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i will destroy u and ur bloodline

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Mymla posted:

Dark souls is actually pretty bad. Sekiro is the only good game fromsoftware has made.
have you even played the adventures of cookie and cream

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mymla posted:

going to see if you ever made a post in c-spam so i can probate you for this one

e: not really this is a joke

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

going to see if you ever made a post in c-spam so i can probate you for this one

e: not really this is a joke

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mymla posted:

It's probably not even the second best (even though it is amazing).

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sekiro and Bloodborne are the best games they've made, but I'm glad the Dark Souls games were there to finance From on the way to the good ones

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

1. Demon's souls
2. Bloodborne
3. Dark souls 2
4.sekiro
5. Dark souls 3
6. Dark souls

You may not like it but this is what peak FROM opinions look like.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

1. Demon's souls
2. Bloodborne
3. Dark souls 2
4.sekiro
5. Dark souls 3
6. Dark souls

You may not like it but this is what peak FROM opinions look like.

I think it's only fair to judge the first half of Dark Souls in a vacuum, because it was some of the best videogaming ever. That second half tho, oof.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

will re-evaluate when DeS remake comes out

1. Bloodborne
2. Sekiro
3. DS3
4. DeS
5. DS
6. DS2

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Blood is a PS4 game and PS4 is garbage so it doesn't count

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

1. Bloodborne
2. Sekiro
3. DS3
4. DeS
5. DS
6. DS2

1. sekiro
2. Ds2
3. Bloodborne
4. Ds1
5. Ds3
6. DeS

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Here's my toxic opinion:
1. Dark Souls
2. Demon's Souls
3. Bloodborne
4. Sekiro
5. Dark Souls 3
6. SOTFS

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

1. Bloodborne
2. Sekiro
3. DS3
4. DeS
5. DS
6. DS2

Agreed though I never played DeS so just excise that from my list

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
1. king's field

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
1. Sekiro
2. Dark Souls
3. Bloodborne
4. Dark Souls 2
5. Dark Souls 3

Also goddamn, the Shura Gauntlet is loving stacked. This is going to take awhile.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

1) Mythical 60fps perfect performance Bloodborne with weapon carryover
2) Sekiro
3) Bloodborne
4) DS1
5) DS3
6) DeS
7) DS2

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

1. Bloodborne
2. Demon's Souls
3. Sekiro
4. Dark Souls
5. Dark Souls 2
6. Dark Souls 3

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I honestly consider anybody putting dark souls one over any other game to be nostalgia blinded. The game just isn't very good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fun hater posted:

1. king's field

:hmmyes:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I've only played kings field one and shadow tower but the king's field games are pretty drat fun, but different enough I'd rank them on a separate list. Thay said lore lords ignoring them is a source of hilarity to me. Ignoring the whole spiritual predecessor of the series you supposedly love is a real brain dead move.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

I've only played kings field one and shadow tower but the king's field games are pretty drat fun, but different enough I'd rank them on a separate list. Thay said lore lords ignoring them is a source of hilarity to me. Ignoring the whole spiritual predecessor of the series you supposedly love is a real brain dead move.

I think a big part of it is that Miyazaki is the special sauce

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fyi i have defended my honor after this post, as sekiro would have wanted

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bloodborne doesn't exist because it didn't come out on PC

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There are emulators that can play it, no excuses

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Gaius Marius posted:

King’s Field 1 USA? Because King’s Field 1 Japan is a different game.

(Having played both of them I actually am super happy I did, because the callback area in the USA one/King’s Field 2 made me cackle with glee. :3:)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The ps1 fan patch? I assume that was the first one. I didn't realize any games except shadow tower had gotten an English release.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
If I found Dark Souls 1 boring and not frustratingly hard (I beat the fat guy/tall guy fight and ditched it ) would I like Sekiro? The pinnacle of difficult modern games to me is Ninja Gaiden Black.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Bruc posted:

If I found Dark Souls 1 boring and not frustratingly hard (I beat the fat guy/tall guy fight and ditched it ) would I like Sekiro? The pinnacle of difficult modern games to me is Ninja Gaiden Black.

Yes.

https://youtu.be/4vapdypURK0

And that's just the first miniboss. The swordfighting in Sekiro is really cool when you get hang of the rhythm.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Gaius Marius posted:

I honestly consider anybody putting dark souls one over any other game to be nostalgia blinded. The game just isn't very good.

My soulsborne journey was DS3/Bloodborne/Sekiro/DS2/DS1 and I absolutely loved DS1. Can I be nostalgic for the most recent one? (Probably, but still)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bruc posted:

Sekiro sounds like it's for you.