Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Is there an English version of the trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

as long as enemy tracking isn't Dark Souls 2 levels of obnoxious dogshit this will be good. Bloodborne mostly got it right since that was always one of my least favorite things about From games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Look Sir Droids posted:

Is there an English version of the trailer?

Not as of yet.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Anyone spotted a preorder for the limited edition yet? Been watching Amazon but they don't even have the regular edition up yet.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

There's one with subtitles, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDEKlhc8X4k

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

You fight a Yeti!? :syoon:

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Mailer posted:

This gave me a critical dose of hype.

Also spear at 01:27 that ain't part of his gadget arm and he's still got a scabbard at his waist for the katana. I wonder if it's just picking up environmental weapons that you don't get to permanently keep, or if we're going to see more than just the katana. I think there was a "there is no gear" quote from somewhere, but it'd be cool to see some of the more cinematic ninja weapons. Also the spear seems to have some attached on one side of the blade and I can't see through the footage to tell if that's ornamental or some sort of flamethrower spear.

The spear is a trick weapon / part of his gadget arm. A small blade comes out and than extends into the spear.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That boss walking on the wires :swoon:

Yeah at first I looked at the trailer and thought "floating boss, whoopedoo" then I saw the wires.

That's some Metal Gear style boss design

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Doggir posted:

The spear is a trick weapon / part of his gadget arm. A small blade comes out and than extends into the spear.

Distinct from Hidden Axe?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Hidden moonlight greatsword.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Calling it now there are literally going to be DOZENS of ninja tools

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Smash enemies using the Hidden Giant Hammer or defend yourself with the Hidden Greatshield of Artorias. Banish your inner demons with the Hidden Bottle of Scotch.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Playstation youtube released some footage of the demo boss. I'd imagine break-their-posture-to-kill-a-health-bar would get tedious but at least it looks cool.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

10 mins of new footage. Thanks, Mono

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndZv4mix9qg

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This looks absolutely incredible. So many good games coming out in 2019 already with this, Doom Eternal, Metro Exodus and Ghosts of Tsushima (not counting The Division 2, etc...).

Gameplay wise, I love that the guy playing does well and isn't a polygon case letting us see what you can really do. I do love these "mid-bosses" and not having fog walls anymore so you can move freely around. I don't like to hype myself anymore after a few burns but hell if this isn't aiming to beat Bloodborne on my GOAT ranking.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I can’t wait to be bad at this game.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Look Sir Droids posted:

I can’t wait to be bad at this game.

:same:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Just a heads up, at least in NA, it looks like the collectors edition is gamestop exclusive?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMZ1mwAK8z8

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Getting close to Sekiro ultimate hype-time, just one more quarter to go!

But, in the mean time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmG3BYTyCjo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

:eyeroll: it's never going to happen. Sony is the publisher, mind. Sony.

Maybe we'll get a ps5 remaster or something but a direct sequel is never, ever, not in million years going to happen, as much as I or anyone else would want it to. :toxx:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

But hey, we got The Last Guardian even though everyone said for years that it would never happen. :shrug:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I was playing artifact and noticed a surprising amount of squares present in the art assets. Half Life 3 confirmed. Make sure to subscribe to my channel.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Thi...this isn't Tenchu :smith: *cries in Poor ninja ratings*

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blood and Bones sounds an awful lot like Bloodboner

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Thi...this isn't Tenchu :smith: *cries in Poor ninja ratings*

It is. It's the Tenchu you've always wanted.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

:eyeroll: it's never going to happen. Sony is the publisher, mind. Sony

it single-handedly sold a lot of PS4s by itself, so maybe

condolences on your toxx though

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It is. It's the Tenchu you've always wanted.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Tenchu Z was ALMOST the Tenchu I wanted...almost.

This game looks fun tho. Will def play and get mad.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Victory Position posted:

it single-handedly sold a lot of PS4s by itself, so maybe

condolences on your toxx though

if I toxx that bb2 won't happen, then, by the laws of the universe, it has to happen. Haven't you ever read "The Secret?"

It's a foolproof plan, you see

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjDUwrS7Omk&t=148s

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

I'd never seen any Tenchu before, the music and the voice acting make it seem like Twin Peaks: Ninja Edition (this is a good thing)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ArgaWarga posted:

I'd never seen any Tenchu before, the music and the voice acting make it seem like Twin Peaks: Ninja Edition (this is a good thing)

:catstare: YOU WHAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVqSLkRQLAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt_Au_4F1tg

Tenchu was a big part of my childhood. You'd think I'd be into the souls games from playing these games, but they never really clicked with me.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

if I toxx that bb2 won't happen, then, by the laws of the universe, it has to happen. Haven't you ever read "The Secret?"

It's a foolproof plan, you see

ahhhhh :hmmyes:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ArgaWarga posted:

The first two games were janky rear end mid-size developer jibber jabber with terrible pop-in, bad controls, and benign stories, and phenomenally bad voice acting. That being said they also had the best soundtracks in the business (just legendary stuff), could be played and replayed compulsively, and offered a toolset and freedom of movement/approach that just wasn't available in other stealth titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQIYoiKZ5Oo

If MGS was a cigarette smoking bastion of linearity, polish, and focus...then Tenchu was the pot-smoking middle brother who just wanted to hear some tunes and gently caress around with poison rice balls and grappling hooks.

The second game greatly expanded the storylines, included a secret unlockable third character with his own intertwining story (before the internet I considered this to be a major mindblower), and even shipped with a 3D level-editor, which to this day I cannot fathom how it was possible on the lowly psx.

After those two titles developer Acquire lost the license and the titles were developed by K2 and published by FROM. Noriyuki Asakura stayed on to do some music for a while and while Tenchu 3 was a decent stab at recreating the feeling of the first two games it just never felt as campy and exploitative again. Each entry saw the blood splatters get smaller, the stealth executions changed to bad xray cuts, the stories and voice acting eliminated altogether. In the end the series just lost credibility and it's a good thing that present-day FROM had the rights to take what they wanted from the series and merge that into something uniquely their own.

Sekiro really has almost all the spirit of those classic Tenchu games to me, it's dark and weird and difficult, with a high focus on tools and mobility, and a distinctly mythological story.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

If MGS was a cigarette smoking bastion of linearity, polish, and focus...

:hmmyes: Go on...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxnei0KUiw&t=11s

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

MGS and Souls are my two favorite series tbh.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Look Sir Droids posted:

MGS and Souls are my two favorite series tbh.

:hai:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've beaten all the souls games (every boss) at least twice

meanwhile ground zeroes + phantom pain are sitting on my PS4 (free psplus downloads) unplayed. I mean who has the time these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

:eyeroll: it's never going to happen.

Well, maybe you'll be right, who knows. Miyazaki was recently interviewed and he said that the Deracine easter egg had no ulterior motive and was just put in there because they just love Bloodborne that much.

If you ask me, though, in the world of Japan's behind the scenes developer relationships that's the type of thing you do to get the audience and publishers to take notice and start building momentum to some kind of pre-production situation.