Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Tenchu was a big part of my childhood. You'd think I'd be into the souls games from playing these games, but they never really clicked with me.

I love Tenchu and Souls, and to this day whenever someone talks about a stone im compelled to tell them that I know what they want. They want the stone. But it's safe...inside...my BE-lly! And theyre NOT going to get it. HEEEEHEEEEHEEEE!

The best part about that onikage link is that it goes straight into the boss music for him which is so good. For like 2 years in 4th and 5th grade i played not much else than MGS1 and Tenchu.

Second best stone reference is always gonna be Alone In The Dark's I don't have your stone and gently caress you anyways!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://twitter.com/HidetakaMiyazak/status/1072981707400318982

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ernest Borgnine came from the sea; as do many other nightmares.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ernest Borgnine was in Air Wolf.

Metal Wolf Chaos sequel?!?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Ernest Borgnine came from the sea; as do many other nightmares.

Miyazaki tweeted that Ernest Borgnine would make an appearance in his next bloodsouls game, and I take this tweet as confirmation that the game exists

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://gamerant.com/dark-souls-dev-2-unannounced-games/

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

miyazaki posted:

So the demo gameplay during events felt harder because you were supposed to use tactical approaches to support your combat.

Miyazaki: “Regarding the difficulty during event demos, honestly, I believe the issue was how used you are to the gameplay. I’ll say this again, but the game design requires a different sort of approach compared to Dark Souls. I’d like people to enjoy the process of learning Sekiro’s unique approach and slowly get better in the full game.”

:lol: "I look forward to players gitting gud"

I love this man.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
God I hope my PC runs this.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hey y'all. Sekiro releases in exactly 11 weeks.

78 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHQq97X9XGI

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 3, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

74 days.

Oh god.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
I was completely unprepared for the fact that this is coming out for pc, and with no MP there's not even the unlikely possibility of running into ~hAckerZ~, which has gotta make the pc version the prettiest? I've got a launch ps4, so there's no way it'll do better than 30fps.

These are the issues

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

buildmorefarms posted:

I was completely unprepared for the fact that this is coming out for pc, and with no MP there's not even the unlikely possibility of running into ~hAckerZ~, which has gotta make the pc version the prettiest? I've got a launch ps4, so there's no way it'll do better than 30fps.

These are the issues

Yes, but it's FROM so the port will be garb

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yes, but it's FROM so the port will be garb

I thought all the souls games except for the very first non-DSfix DS were pretty good on PC?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fadam posted:

I thought all the souls games except for the very first non-DSfix DS were pretty good on PC?

I mean, I thought their games just ran like poo poo universally, because japanese devs other than P* don't care about framerates

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I will say though that Sekiro looks pretty loving smooth

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

fadam posted:

DS3 ran like absolute poo poo at launch (people wanted refunds) but the 1.1 patch made it so much better it felt like magic. I'm not sure about the other games but I always take it that FROM ports on PC suck until it don't.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

from games run like poo poo on consoles too

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lets hang out posted:

from games run like poo poo on consoles too

I mean, that was implied

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

JBP posted:

DS3 ran like absolute poo poo at launch

I unlocked it on the Steam release and it was fine for me. :shrug:

The real annoying crap with From is that I have to unplug all my poo poo and just have a single controller or it won't recognize it. That's literally the only case.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Every From game runs fine on the PS4 for me (no, I didn't play BB at launch and did not experience the absurd load times) so I will continue playing on there and not having to fuss about anything. gently caress to PC gaming

Holy poo poo, just a couple months to go!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

gently caress to PC gaming

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010
gently caress yeah PC gaming

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

One Hundred Monkeys posted:

gently caress yeah PC gaming

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

One Hundred Monkeys posted:

gently caress, yeah, PC gaming :jerkbag:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PC gaming owns for spread sheet simulators.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

PC gaming owns for spread sheet simulators.

Indeed, EVE has provided me with entertainment by association for literal years.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

So Sekiro is Game Informer's cover this month and they'll be doing a bunch of info dump. They played Hirata Estates, a "memory" level that is accessed via an item ala Bloodborne nightmares, and I'm probably going to avoid watching or reading too much beyond this point until release but a few things stood out to me which I will spoiler because we're in spoilertown as of now [69 DAYS!]

https://players.brightcove.net/694940074001/default_default/index.html?videoId=5986936885001&playsinline=true

the area boss is called Butterfly Hag, which is cool as hell

&

not only can you swim in this game, but you can "ninjadash" through water

&

Sekiro's hub area is called Dilapidated Temple more info about that

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I dont wanna read spoliers but i need to know if all that stuff cool poo poo and should i get hyped?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I dont wanna read spoliers but i need to know if all that stuff cool poo poo and should i get hyped?

Yes

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

:hai:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

the first and 3rd things are just a boss name and a location name, but the 2nd thing sounds rad as hell

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Also, rotating walls are the new invisible doors in this game and they are apparently EVERYWHERE

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Any PC recommended specs yet?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Is PC launching day and date? I thought it might be coming later

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Oh my god that vertical mobility. that's all I've ever wanted in a soulslike game.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Any PC recommended specs yet?

looking at the videos and stuff I'm hoping it will be modest like DS3

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Frog Act posted:

looking at the videos and stuff I'm hoping it will be modest like DS3

What are DS3's specs? The footage I've seen doesn't look like it's any more demanding than DS3, but the combat may be a bit faster.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

:circlefap:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

So Sekiro is Game Informer's cover this month and they'll be doing a bunch of info dump. They played Hirata Estates, a "memory" level that is accessed via an item ala Bloodborne nightmares, and I'm probably going to avoid watching or reading too much beyond this point until release but a few things stood out to me which I will spoiler because we're in spoilertown as of now [69 DAYS!]

https://players.brightcove.net/694940074001/default_default/index.html?videoId=5986936885001&playsinline=true

the area boss is called Butterfly Hag, which is cool as hell

&

not only can you swim in this game, but you can "ninjadash" through water

&

Sekiro's hub area is called Dilapidated Temple more info about that

Can I watch this on YouTube or something I can't find it on game informers channel...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Can I watch this on YouTube or something I can't find it on game informers channel...

They haven't posted full video yet, just an introductory snippet at the moment, see my post. They're going to be covering the game all month long.

https://www.gameinformer.com/sekiro

How character progression works
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01/08/how-character-progression-works-in-sekiro-shadows-die-twice

Why no online multiplayer
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01/08/why-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-doesnt-have-online-multiplayer

:siren: I haven't read these, I'm just posting for the curious. If you're going to talk about stuff in the articles please spoiler :siren:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god if you pre-order this from Gamestop you get a mini Katana letter opener.