Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Andrigaar posted:

I just don't care about going in blind to entertainment media. I'm baffled by people who get uppity if you even almost spoil something and then they get in your face about respecting their wishes. Whoa, dude, calm the gently caress down about this game/movie.

And I don't at all mean anything in this thread, btw. Haven't cared about spoilers for decades.

lol you suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
this is my first ground floor FROM experience, and my Bloodborne Platinum is getting miiiiiighty lonely (his only friend is Spider-Man!)

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

why does anyone brag about getting Platinum in these games it just means you have too much time and love reading wikis

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Or you rrrrrrrreally like the Lego games

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Andrigaar posted:

I just don't care about going in blind to entertainment media. I'm baffled by people who get uppity if you even almost spoil something and then they get in your face about respecting their wishes. Whoa, dude, calm the gently caress down about this game/movie.

And I don't at all mean anything in this thread, btw. Haven't cared about spoilers for decades.

Lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My big brain is beyond caring about spoiler. I read the deep lore, a cheese stratz guide, then a fan summary of the plot, then I watch a let's play and only after that do I play the game saying "haha I knew that would happen".

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
No, I understand it. It's that people are dicks to me when I explain my view.

Like the replies I got.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't believe in spoilers either but i have this weird feeling like most people do and it's not really much of a bother for me to try not to wreck things for them

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I don't intentionally spoil anything and never have. But this is the response I get for not being one with their herd and it's far from helping their case.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

lol eat my rear end

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Andrigaar posted:

Like the replies I got.
gee i wonder why people are rude to you, i cannot imagine why

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Spoilers when it's still reasonable to have not seen or experienced something I'm on board with, but getting mad about getting like, a 3 year old thing spoiled is dumb unless it's in a context where people can avoid it. Like The Witcher 3 and bloodborne threads still keep sppiler tags going.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Cowcaster posted:

lol eat my rear end

Does quote help? I was replying to you.

boogiepop
Sep 24, 2018

boogiepop fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 6, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I am either very invested in not being spoiled or I don't care depending on the product and therefore I subscribe to the idea that everyone should just respect each other and not spoil things outside tags.

Andrigaar posted:

I don't intentionally spoil anything and never have. But this is the response I get for not being one with their herd and it's far from helping their case.

You should be "one with the herd" and not spoil poo poo outside tags. If you haven't been spoiling despite not caring about spoilers, then you're doing great! Keep it up!

JBP fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 20, 2019

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Andrigaar posted:

Like the replies I got.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Andrigaar posted:

lol this aint left vs right kid

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
not only do i not care about spoilers, i never have. i spoil everything before i experience it. thats why its called “spoiling”;; because it makes the thing better

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
before you pile on, let me explain my view: i like pretending im psychic and shrouding my foreknowledge in “prediction” to impress my friends

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
shut up and dance

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Andrigaar posted:

Are you Autistic?

You said "I don't understand other people's feelings about spoilers, and they get mad at me if I spoil things/get close to it."

Why is it so hard for you to figure out why people might not want their experience of something damaged by someone else telling them details about it they haven't learned for themselves?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I just assume the first couple of months are going to be nothing but black bars. It's never made sense to me, since if I was trying to avoid spoilers (and can't post things for fear of spoiling someone else) I'd just stay the hell out of the thread, but that's the way it's done. So just wrap your posts in black and don't worry about it. Everyone is happy that way.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not normally a person who cares about spoilers, but the experience of playing Bloodborne blind was something really special. So like, why ruin the chance that that'll happen again by watching some guy with a bad British accent play a game I'm about to play for dozens of hours two days before I buy it?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I'm probably going to watch some spoiler footage when it becomes available because none of the Soulsborne games have quite "clicked" for me and I want to work out if this allegedly more action-focused game might be more in my wheelhouse.

Also to see whether or not there's some sort of massive horror twist halfway through because I am a tremendous wuss when it comes to horror in gaming and don't deal with it very well so that would be a turn-off.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

someone looked extremely hard at a steampunk arm once and thought, "I wonder how I can fit an axe in there"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pretty anecdotal, but a lot of people who are playing the game early are saying it’s really hard.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

FallenGod posted:

I'm trying to imagine the kind of person who would watch a stream of this game instead of going in blind, but the concept is just too alien to me.

I ate up Dark Souls streams leading up to its release. I specifically remember one Japanese player streaming it at just about any hour I checked. A day or two prior to street date, I spent at least a few hours watching him throw himself at some random boss to no avail. Didn't know who the boss was, since the name was in Japanese, but I sure found out who it was when I got to the last boss of the game! It ruined it a little bit for me, so no pre-release streams for me.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

All the influencers said it was hard when they got to play a week or two ago as well. But then they all said the same thing about bloodborne and we know how that turned out

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I can't wait to miss every NPC on my first playthrough.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There’s a (first level spoiler)tutorial boss you’re supposed to lose to, like Demon’s Souls. He looks pretty tough too. I wonder what you get for beating him, if anything.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Mods No Masters posted:

All the influencers said it was hard when they got to play a week or two ago as well. But then they all said the same thing about bloodborne and we know how that turned out

There are people who still insist that Bloodborne, a game in which you can spam invulnerable dodges all day, is the hardest game. It's possible that it's the learning curve (attacking to parry instead of rolling around) just means their reflexes learned from the last decade need retraining. It's also possible From went with the meme and it's a painfully unfun game meant for streaming. Either way I'd like to know before purchasing, so please everyone keep posting streams.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mailer posted:

There are people who still insist that Bloodborne, a game in which you can spam invulnerable dodges all day, is the hardest game. It's possible that it's the learning curve (attacking to parry instead of rolling around) just means their reflexes learned from the last decade need retraining. It's also possible From went with the meme and it's a painfully unfun game meant for streaming. Either way I'd like to know before purchasing, so please everyone keep posting streams.

none of these games are that hard, really, once you put in some time. there's this twitch guy I watch when I am bored who has apparently made it his life's work to play through all the soulsborne games in a row without getting hit once. and he does it, over and over. it's a purgatorial task and I question his sanity but he does it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

none of these games are that hard, really, once you put in some time. there's this twitch guy I watch when I am bored who has apparently made it his life's work to play through all the soulsborne games in a row without getting hit once. and he does it, over and over. it's a purgatorial task and I question his sanity but he does it.

youre basically saying diving isnt hard because you know an olympic diver who does olympic dives every day

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

grappling hook installed in my hand, the greatest mystery in all of Soulsborne will be revealed: the truth behind the elevator between Earthen Peak and Iron Keep

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Victory Position posted:

grappling hook installed in my hand, the greatest mystery in all of Soulsborne will be revealed: the truth behind the elevator between Earthen Peak and Iron Keep

That's been solved for a while: Dark Souls 2 world design was bad

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

scary ghost dog posted:

youre basically saying diving isnt hard because you know an olympic diver who does olympic dives every day

I don't have to dive like an olympic diver, I just have to get to the other end of the pool.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I stop reading every time someone here says "none of these games are really like that hard" like motherfucker you've played five of these games

cool that you've reprogrammed your mind to be able to dodge the great festering lizards boil blasts on your first time but not everyone has

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 20, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

I stop reading every time someone here says "none of these games are really like that hard" like motherfucker you've played five of these games

cool that you've reprogrammed your mind to be able to dodge the great festering lizards boil blasts on your first time but not everyone has

I don't think the base content of Demon's, DS1 or DS2 were that bad, just decently challenging. They upped the difficulty significantly with DLC though, especially with DS3 and Bloodborne.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

cool that you've reprogrammed your mind to be able to dodge the festering lizards boil blasts on your first time but not all of us are like that

lol yeah, it's pathetic and it happens with every single soulsborne game including the non-canon nioh

the only game that has ever been made easier than bloodborne will be sekiro, you idiot, you absolute slow-witted dip shits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Expect My Mom posted:

Ironically I think this game will be harder at first for Souls veterans because they'll have to overcome the dodge muscle memory.