Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The thing about Bloodeborne vs DS, is that while the trick weapons were really cool, the lack of build variety really hampered the replay value. I'm a little cautious about the sword-only style, but if you can customize you character is other ways, I'll be all for it.

Also the lack of multiplayer is a bit of a bummer. Multiplayer and build variety are the reason I kept going back to DS2/DS3. Miyazaki said that there are multiple endings, but I rarely go back and play a game for multiple endings when youtube exists. This game looks awesome, but it looks like a play once then forget it kind of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Has anyone had a problem with using a PS4 controller and InputMapper on PC? This is the first Steam game I’ve had not recognize my controller is inputmapper is on when I launch it.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

aas Bandit posted:

What worked for me for my PS4 controller:
1) Turn off all third-party software (e.g. InputMapper, DS4Windows, etc.)
2) Go into Steam settings, Controller Configuration.
3) If your PS4 controller isn't showing up, unplug it with that screen open and plug it back in again--it should pop in.
4) Choose the PS4 Configuration from the listed options. Turn off all other options.
5) At that point, start the game, and hit the center PS4 controller button to bring up the controller settings. I had to turn off the controller gyro since it was whipping the mouse cursor around in-game (wtf, From?!), and also had to turn off the right side of the center pad.

30 minutes spent loving with my controller and Steam settings and game settings to play a major game in 2019.
Game is fun and cool so far, but gently caress's Sake.

Edit: Left out a step.

This helped, thanks!

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Now that the controller seems to be working, I can actually try it.

This game reminds me of Dark Souls 1 on PC, in that it was the first, and thus far only game I ever emailed steam for a refund. My friend kept pestering me to get the game and when when I finally did, I couldn't get out of the first loving room in the game because it wouldn't accept any keyboard input.

Steam didn't give me a refund, I eventually found DSFix, played the game, and ultimately enjoyed it, but for fucks sake FromSoft, did you even try this game once on a PC before you released it?