Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

SciFiDownBeat posted:

That's weird, for some reason I got it into my head that SSDT was a PS4 exclusive

Me too, I'll probably get it for PS4 then later on PC (after upgrading my computer). They do have a PS4 exclusive, is it only the VR one ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Wanna play this game (and Bloodborne 2 where I zip around with my eldritch tentacle arm and climb huge space horrors slicing them with my trick weapons)

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Look Sir Droids posted:

MGS and Souls are my two favorite series tbh.

:hai:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I dont wanna read spoliers but i need to know if all that stuff cool poo poo and should i get hyped?

:hai:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I’ll miss the player messages the most, best mp mechanic

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Pwnstar posted:

So how many of you are going to drive themselves crazy by never using the respawn mechanic? I'm strongly considering it, can't wait to be very mad at videogames.

One run no respawns and one run always respawning (at least).

Maybe they’ll do something like the dark sigils from DS3, but first run is always blind and doing whatever. I gave up trying to do completionist souls runs without guides

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
“Want to use this weapon? Welp, guess you have to start again and follow this leveling path”

Its terrible, choosing between str/dex/arcane only limits your choices during a run, and in the worst way because you have no way of knowing which weapon you’re going to like playing for the first time.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Estus owns because you’re drinking the sun instead of injecting blood like some junkie

I hope Patches actually helps us this time

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
There are some streamers on Twitch playing so expect loads of spoilers in YouTube etc. tomorrow

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Can I do the VPN trick on the PS4 or does the account have to be Japanese ?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Deified Data posted:

Just a few more minutes boys!

Gonna be playing til 3 AM.

:cool::hf::cool:

Time to die

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Resurrecting is actually good because if you res and don’t die after / get to the next Buda statue I don’t think the first death counts towards the rot, only when you get “you died” screen.

deep dish peat moss posted:

"oh, so the resurrection mechanic doesn't actually exist in a functional sense because it locks you out of the primary reason to play the game".
No it doesn’t :confused:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Nope. You get a sword. That's it.

I really wish this game was clearly as to what's parryable and what isn't. Dying to something I couldn't parry but also didn't show the red mark feels kinda futile.

The game clearly says what is and isn't parryable, you can't parry sweeps (jump) and grabs (dodge).

What attack killed you?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Expect My Mom posted:

Lol never mind you do not have to fight that purple ninja, you can cheese him entirely.
How do you cheese this fucker? :argh:

The Walrus posted:

dang the shinobi hunter is loving my day up. should I even be trying to parry his red thrusts, or just circle dodging? I think I need to be dodging either earlier to get entirely out of the way or later to get some iframes as he keeeeeeps hitting me. I guess I could just go back to the main path.. :(

Got him with a mix of the skill to stomp on the spear and oil+fire prosthetic. Took a few tries but now he’s dead

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 23, 2019

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Bloodborne 2 should have a grapple tentacle and give us shinobi old one mutations.

Make the game even faster:cthulhu:

Look Sir Droids posted:

I saw that but couldn’t find a grapple point to get up there.

Look down and to the left
Oops wrong person, in your case it’s looking up

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 23, 2019

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Wolf does little damage and takes too much, his health is too low and you have only a few ways to regain health.

It’s frustrating that one or two mistakes and you’re dead. Making Wolf more durable would go a long way to cut the number of tries you need to get that perfect boss run (would probably let you be more aggressive too).

Bloodborn rally mechanic was so good, this game needs something like that (not the health on deathblow skill, a way to get some health back during a battle doing damage or after a perfect parry, or dunno, countering the red attacks would be pretty good)

Everything else is really cool

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 25, 2019

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Andrast posted:

Getting some prayer bead upgrades helps a ton. He's really fragile at the beginning.

One upgrade in both health and damage and I can’t even see the difference.

:negative:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
After dying a few (+10) times against some dude in heavy armor the fight just clicked and I styled him so much that I was even parrying in the air while jumping around. The place the fight takes place is pretty cool too.

Game is pretty hard but when you play it well it’s just so satisfying and feels so badass.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Game would indeed be better with a damage nerf on the enemies or buffing Wolf (especially in the early game) but lol @ “game is lying, ignore all mechanics and just cheese”.

And as I said before, some rally mechanic to get health back would be awesome too, and would make going full aggression a lot more accessible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Extra Large Marge posted:

I read that Miyazaki was inspired by Blade of the Immortal, another extremely violent Japanese comic.

And it makes sense. Both have weird bugs/worms that cause immortality, plot points involving weird medical experiments with unethical doctors, and feature immortal bodyguards as the main character

Blade of the Immortal is a full out revenge story though, while the heart of Sekrio is the relationship between a retainer and a lord.

Anyway, check out Blade of the Immortal if you liked Sekrio or Berserk.

Blade of the Immortal owns and unlike Berserk it's finished (:argh:)