Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

New Bat Thread! Same Bat Forum! Here's what Wikipedia has to say about this game:

quote:

Batman: Arkham Knight is a 2015 action-adventure video game developed by Rocksteady Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Based on the DC Comics superhero Batman, it is the successor to the 2013 video game Batman: Arkham Origins, and the fourth main installment in the Batman: Arkham series. Written by Sefton Hill, Ian Ball and Martin Lancaster, Arkham Knight is inspired by the long-running comic book mythos. Set one year after the events of 2011's Batman: Arkham City, the game's main storyline follows Batman as he confronts Scarecrow, who has launched an attack on Gotham City, causing a citywide evacuation. Scarecrow, with the help of the mysterious Arkham Knight, is also able to unite Batman's greatest foes in an attempt to finally destroy Batman.

This game is good. Lots of people don't like it because it's basically Grand Theft Batman, but I like it! The game has a lot of Batmobile driving and combat. It can get repetitive but it's also really well designed so the control of the Batmobile is super easy. I'm playing on Hard difficulty, I don't know if this affects the game at all (maybe you get more Wayne Points?) Thinking of doing 100% but jeez there are a lot of riddles and riddler trophies, so we'll see how we go.

I'll most likely have sweeroy and quite stretched out (willus) commenting with me (sometimes Tithin too). We're idiots! Please tell us all about how much we're idiots.

Let's get into it!

:boonie: Videos :boonie:

Episode 01: Penthouse Penetration
Episode 02: What a drag
Episode 03: Riddle me Tith
Episode 04: Having a grate time!
Episode 05: Bomb Squad
Episode 06: Give Her The Chair!
Episode 07: Riddling Under Pressure
Episode 08: Say My Name

bell jar fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I'm only here to listen to Willus's voice

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Spudd posted:

I'm only here to listen to Willus's voice

I will do a willus only track in future

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Oh? A new bell jar LP just after I finished watching Red Dead Redemption We ❤ Katamari? Don't mind if I do! Arkham Knight is probably one of my favorite Batman games, alongside Arkham City, I've 100 %ed the game twice, much like city and Asylum, and while I agree that a lot of the problems come from stuffing too much into one package, alongside the botched PC port, I think they made a fun game with several mechanics that were risky changes of formula. The story is... more comics batman with all that the idea entails, including its treatment of several characters, and the titular Knight is less of a villain and more of a pain in the rear end that you occasionally need to deal with, and I think they could have handled him better. But Rocksteady made a drat good game, and hopefully the LP will be the same.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
it cannot be stressed enough how stupid we are

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
This has the best Batmobile design probably ever, I would like to play this but I doubt it would run on my terrible rig.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Most people hate this game because the PC port was monumentally bad, like at release high end rigs struggled to run it because it was that bad. WB actually gave people credits on steam or free games because of the backlash. Even after the updates it still is pretty badly optimized. That mainly is why this game has such a bad name to it.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I'm pretty sure I picked it up on Steam Sale a few years after it was ported, I've never had any issues running it, although at a lower resolution than I'd prefer

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I for one think the forums could always use more Bat-exposure.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

I for one think the forums could always use more Bat-exposure.

Consider yourself exposed!

Episode 2: What a drag

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

nice, cool to get in on the ground on an Arkham LP. I just bought the Return to Arkham bundle for 20 bucks so i'm having fun going through it again

Arkham Knight was probably the most fun that I had with this series, probably because I played it on console and didn't have to deal with the unfortunate stuff about the PC version. It was probably the game where I felt most like Batman, but Arkham City is right there with it

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

it's time to do a train on gotham's criminals

Episode 03: Riddle me Tith

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Loving this.

I played it initially on my old pc that fell squarely into the "should have been able to run it" catagory but I struggled at times.

I should give it another go on my new pc now.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

algebra testes posted:

Loving this.

I played it initially on my old pc that fell squarely into the "should have been able to run it" catagory but I struggled at times.

I should give it another go on my new pc now.

New Game+ is a lot of fun for this game, definitely worth booting it up and playing through to get some sweet difficult combat, unlike the bland stuff we've had so far (on hard!)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I was in that episode, and it was good.

Not a coincidence.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Here's some more tithiny goodness for y'all

Episode 04: Having a grate time!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Forums down? Here's a present for you:

Episode 05: Bomb Squad

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

It's been a couple weeks, because of GDQ and a light addiction to Throne of Lies. Have an episode!

Episode 06: Give Her The Chair!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

tumbleweed.gif let's have an episode!

Episode 07: Riddling Under Pressure

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
one day this will be in the lparchives and someone will click on it expecting someone playing a game they loved with smart commentary by non-idiots

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

sweetroy posted:

one day this will be in the lparchives and someone will click on it expecting someone playing a game they loved with smart commentary by non-idiots

i've tricked them twice so far

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sweetroy posted:

Hehe

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
im so loving dumb that i only only now realised theres a thread for this lets play that im in

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

im dumb too it s ok

Episode 08: Say My Name

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I do like that Oracle is able to fend for herself to some extent. It helps her not be as much of a Damsel in Distress.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

BioEnchanted posted:

I do like that Oracle is able to fend for herself to some extent. It helps her not be as much of a Damsel in Distress.

I think I recall seeing a comic page with her holding a pair of escrima sticks while in her wheelchair.

The Batgirl DLC just has her engaging in fisticuffs, which is also fine.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i dunno about the video game series character but in the comics she was originally batgirl before she got paraplegic and became Oracle so it makes sense that she's not completely defenceless

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

quite stretched out posted:

i dunno about the video game series character but in the comics she was originally batgirl before she got paraplegic and became Oracle so it makes sense that she's not completely defenceless

Look at this fuckin nerd here trap sprung

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

algebra testes posted:

Look at this fuckin nerd here

okay im looking at you now what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy