Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

These features are awesome. If I had to make a comment, I do wish the scroll up button moved faster. The current speed is fine on most threads but in ones with lots of multi-paragraph posts (like someone writing/quoting that John Galt speech) it feels like it takes longer than my own finger scrolling on mobile would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can you make my posts good

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Vargs posted:

what the heck

It's a thing, about one in ten people do it

http://www.bemmu.com/do-you-highlight-all-the-text-you-read

too late for me to undo decades of compulsive text highlighting

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

autosave is cool but it keeps saving my previous posts even though I successfully made them

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
are you coding these yourself lowtax?

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

I don't mind ghost arrow he can stay

I hope Arrow develop continues on track.

Here are some arrows I've collected for further development inspiration.

[IMG]https://imgur.com/40623d66-fb36-4101-904f-545061675fa7][/IMG]

edit* o wait IMGUR changed their poo poo and I dont know how it works, because I'm and old loving idiot. A direct Picture upload plugin would be super, k thx.

BlueBlazer fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 14, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

It's a thing, about one in ten people do it

http://www.bemmu.com/do-you-highlight-all-the-text-you-read

too late for me to undo decades of compulsive text highlighting

oh good, now i can cancel that highlighters anonymous meeting

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please add rating buttons to the post so i can vote them 1, thank you

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Who wants to email threads to people???

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
New arrow bad. I'm on a desktop computer with a mousewheel, don't need this big dumb floating button hogging up the bottom right :mad:

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Flat Daddy posted:

are you coding these yourself lowtax?

I think they're just cloudflare apps.

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

IUG posted:

Please disable the Reddit button in the share feature. Thanks.

Reddit share button should just link to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No feature can fill the void Fragmaster left.:cry:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

There was already an up button. This is stupid dude.

Auto-refreshing pages is an annoying and really outdated way of doing things. It's not even remotely worthwhile. I mean this is a site where F5 has been a meme for like 15 years

Internet browsers already have the text field saving feature

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
please add digg

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
NEvermind digg is there

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Spatial posted:

Auto-refreshing pages is an annoying and really outdated way of doing things. It's not even remotely worthwhile. I mean this is a site where F5 has been a meme for like 15 years

Why can't people respond to change in a normal, healthy way without sounding like whiny little bitches?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

rear end posted:

Why can't people respond to change in a normal, healthy way without sounding like whiny little bitches?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just adding to everyone else asking to disable the auto-refresh. It's really annoying to say the least. If I read a thread, finish it, and want to go read another thread that I was going to check out it could be on a different page or something.

Please make this optional. My browser is going crazy when I have 5 SA tabs open.

Thanks Mr. Tax.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Spatial posted:

I agree with the first two but I use Chrome and it doesn't save the reply field. Do I need to get a plugin?

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

rear end posted:

Why can't people respond to criticism in a normal, healthy way without sounding like whiny little bitches?

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Just adding to everyone else asking to disable the auto-refresh. It's really annoying to say the least. If I read a thread, finish it, and want to go read another thread that I was going to check out it could be on a different page or something.

Please make this optional. My browser is going crazy when I have 5 SA tabs open.

Thanks Mr. Tax.

Man you need to go outside or something

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

that wasn't criticism, you sounded like a total rear end in a top hat, and still do

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Hipster_Doofus posted:

(FE: On Edge for Android it's probably their fault)

1. why is this a thing that even exists, and 2. why would anyone use it

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I agree with the first two but I use Chrome and it doesn't save the reply field. Do I need to get a plugin?
I don't use Chrome for SA so I don't know. Firefox does save the full state of a tab when navigating back/foward or even closing/opening again.

food court bailiff posted:

that wasn't criticism, you sounded like a total rear end in a top hat, and still do
Lowtax is going to have to up his morphine dose... all because of me! :negative:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i can finally retire my "F5" and "Home" keys.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

Man you need to go outside or something

Don't judge me, best forums poster Faggy Clause.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Thank you Lowtax

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Keep up the good work 'tax

I'd donate but I'm broke so other people are gonna have to pick up the slack!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

IcePhoenix posted:

autosave is cool but it keeps saving my previous posts even though I successfully made them

same.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay, to answer as many questions as I can:

1) These are Cloudflare apps that I'm just modifying
2) I will set the forumdisplay refresh timer to something like two minutes or so. That should be a decent compromise.
3) I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the CSS transform function isn't changing the speed at which the bottom right arrow magically whisks you away to the top. If you are a CSS / js guru, please either DM me or message me on twitter @somethingawful
4) Once the bottom right arrow is working correctly, I will be removing the hidden bottom left "jump to top" link, because 99% of people had no idea it was even there in the first place.
5) Everybody chill, there's no need to get upset because there's a feature you don't like, I am addressing them right now and will continue to try to make as many people as happy as possible
6) Chrome does not have the ability to keep a local copy of a post / reply you're making if you close your tab or window. I will, however, work on fixing the saved text appearing in subsequent replies.

Don't freak out or get mad! I'm reading and considering everybody's feedback here, so just wait a couple hours and I'm sure things will be in a more acceptable state!

Thank you!

- Team Jerry

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
I'll say that I don't like the auto refresh.

If it does get made standard though, it should reset the wait time if there is a user action. I was scrolling using the mouse wheel looking for a thread and the screen jumped.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Okay, I made the page up icon half the size and less intrusive.

Much better still going to block it because I prefer it that way and I'm lazy and don't want to dig through ublock to unblock it.

BovineFury posted:

I'll say that I don't like the auto refresh.

If it does get made standard though, it should reset the wait time if there is a user action. I was scrolling using the mouse wheel looking for a thread and the screen jumped.

Yeah I haven't noticed that yet but I'd imagine it would be annoying.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 14, 2018

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Sounds good to me.

One thing though. Shouldn't you like, be in bed or something???

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

one of these is redundant. Get rid of it. Get rid of the least obnoxious one

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

double nine posted:

one of these is redundant. Get rid of it. Get rid of the least obnoxious one

How did you do that? Ah fast edit

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lowtax posted:

2) I will set the forumdisplay refresh timer to something like two minutes or so. That should be a decent compromise.

Is it possible to make this optional in the user settings?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The share button only being at the top of a page is kinda weird. Either make it just the op or every post. Also I think it's maybe not the best idea to make the forums auto-refresh when you are struggling to keep up with bandwidth costs as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The new arrow size is good.

• Locked thread