Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Vegetable posted:

I second the effort to organize the emoticons. Would be great if somebody starts a thread to get ideas rolling.
Please do this. As someone new to the forums, they're overwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Please do this. As someone new to the forums, they're overwhelming.

:same: but as someone old to the Forums.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Could we get Coke in the soda fountain? Pepsi is too sweet and honestly it's just gross.

Thanks, Lowtax!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Get one of those Coke freestyle machines

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Allow quoting something from the archives.

glitch77
Apr 22, 2006
Port the forums to WordPress.

Then delete the WordPress.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Yo I just made a donation to your failing spine, and by extension your failing site.

Real talk, I'd happily pay a small monthly subscription to keep the lights on and the spine (mostly) intact.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Give the option to donate only for the spine or the site and see which one wins.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

Give the option to donate only for the spine or the site and see which one wins.

Solution: host the site on the spine.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!
radium's code is holding the spine together

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That's not what they mean by a network backbone, folks.

I think I already mentioned that an annual sub wouldn't be a bad thing, so long as newer users don't find themselves being charged another $5 or $10 when they only just got here.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Yo I just made a donation to your failing spine, and by extension your failing site.

Real talk, I'd happily pay a small monthly subscription to keep the lights on and the spine (mostly) intact.

Good news: you can!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Nobody wants to support the podcast and the other guy, this point has been made about a thousand times.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Good news there hasn't been a podcast update in nearly a year, so you wouldn't be!

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Yeah I'm pretty sure the money goes straight to lowtax's pocket regardless of whether you donate through SA or patreon

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

An option to pay :fivecbux: to add an additonal :five: or :one: vote to a thread.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp

HoboMan posted:

seconding both of these

we should make sa as pay-to-troll as possible

Yes

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Magissima posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the money goes straight to lowtax's pocket regardless of whether you donate through SA or patreon

This back and forth happens every week. Lowtax just needs to create a second, more sensibly named and branded patreon page already

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
do exactly what you do now but pull in 9,000 g's a week, how have you not thought of this :rolleyes:?

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

lol but seriously I posted:

do exactly what you do now but pull in 9,000 g's a week, how have you not thought of this :rolleyes:?

yes i know

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Isn't there some sort of browser extension or something that somewhat fixes the broken waffleimages archived posts by pointing them at some semi-remaining mirror?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Lowtax posted:

Yo! Read the announcement up top!

Your pricing options suck! I had to add a custom amount to donate $4.20 every month. Jerk :argh:

Done

• Locked thread