Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Lowtax posted:

Yo! Read the announcement up top!

Hell ya, glad to see an old dog learn new tricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I actually thought the twitter idea might of been good. But it is a little annoying that it happens after you highlight every text.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Also does the auto refresh work for threads?

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

food court bailiff posted:

seriously, lol. he's actively changing things as we're discussing them in the thread, people should keep their drat pants on.

Was just gonna mention the text moves down on a new page because of the share button but it was just fixed lol.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I often think of poo poo I want to add to a post like five minutes after I post it and don't want to double post a bunch so I edit it into the previous post but it's annoying when you get that 'hosed around with this post' thing like you're coming back hours later trying to change your story or something.

What is the edit time limit till that locks in and can we please double it or whatever. I know this isn't a new feature but since you're in there tinkering anyway I figured why not shoot the shot.

The "hosed around with this post" is doing exactly what's suppose to do.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

When I hit the + button I was like wow that's a lot of social media stuff.

Then I realized you can scroll.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Lowtax posted:

But the thing is, nested inside nested inside nested inside nested quotes suck.

Ya I agree. Nested quoting becomes unreadable at point as well. I haven't really had a problem with SA quoting, and the reading by clicking someone name to go back a quote doesn't really bother me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Lowtax posted:

UPDATE: Right now I'm currently working on coding / implementing the following features:

1) A graphical text editor for posting / replying. You know, the poo poo that has been pretty much standard everywhere since 2005. Something along the lines of this (only with not so many options):

2) Either an integration with imgur, or a custom script that allows multiple image uploads via drag and drop.

These two things might take a while to implement, but I believe they are both necessary things that people will like / use. And don't worry YOSPOS, there will be a toggle on the WYSIWYG editor to see the raw vB code.

Second one would be pretty sweet. Don't know how much of a hit, bandwidth wise, to have better upload image support but I would look forward to it.

• Locked thread