Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

~~~~~~K.I.D.S.~~~~~~

CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK!

I think it's fine that people have different definitions of the word art, but for me it's pretty cut and dry. Art is something that someone finds artistic value in and that's pretty much it. The subjective part is why they find artistic value in it, and not if it qualifies as art in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

veni veni veni posted:

I think it's fine that people have different definitions of the word art, but for me it's pretty cut and dry. Art is something that someone finds artistic value in and that's pretty much it. The subjective part is why they find artistic value in it, and not if it qualifies as art in the first place.

yes, but obviously people have to assign meaning to something for there to be a possible hypothetical consensus on its value. what is your personal subjective definition of art?

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

hey, so i was meaning to get myself out there in terms of commissions and i'm not sure where to start in terms of digital art. i got a few way back but nowadays, i keep screwing up and not getting paid due to miscommunication.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Where are you looking for them? It's something I'm looking at as well, but I have no idea where to start.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

All I know is that there are people out there who get real antsy about art-as-an-emotion, and the fact that art isn't a universal constant that you can use to brand things as Definitely Art™.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVFasyCvEOg

I miss Hennessey Youngman.

«13 »