Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

It was kind of a divine joy to discover this drawing for the first time as a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Djeser posted:

the ??? is airbrush van wizards

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Okay, I need a quick sanity check
when I was younger - like 15 or 16 years ago - I used conte crayons a fair amount.
I just picked some up for the first time since then and I must say they feel quite scratchy and unpleasant to drag across the paper. Did something change with their formula or manufacturing or ownership or what?
I also have some Nupastels and those actually feel like what I remember conte crayons feeling like.

HungryMedusa
Apr 27, 2003

I havenít used conte crayons for a while, but my recollection is the sepia ones were always scratchy, and white a tiny bit less so. I switched to prismacolor stix way back, but then those were too wax bloomy and broke constantly.

Both of those are why I got way in to expensive colored pencils. Colored pencil brands have exploded in the past 10-15 years. I never got too far into pastels because of the dust.