Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Every word I've written in the past few weeks has been unadulterated poo poo, but I've filled in all the holes in the first half of my first novel. I've passed the halfway mark, after five loving years chipping away at it. Only ten chapters left to finish, holy poo poo I'm gonna loving do this. I'm just gonna keep going and get the loving first draft done already. Let's do this, gently caress yes, right now gooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Stuporstar posted:

Every word I've written in the past few weeks has been unadulterated poo poo, but I've filled in all the holes in the first half of my first novel. I've passed the halfway mark, after five loving years chipping away at it. Only ten chapters left to finish, holy poo poo I'm gonna loving do this. I'm just gonna keep going and get the loving first draft done already. Let's do this, gently caress yes, right now gooooooooo
go go go you can do it!!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I tried doing some sketchier art rather than turning everything into a completed picture and I loving hate it.

Maybe one day I'll figure out how to not be poo poo at the most basic part of art.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Blood Empress of Thunderdome

Tap to emit spores

Clapping Larry

Stuporstar posted:

gently caress yeah writing buddy

i got serious about writing approx. 6 years ago (largely thanks to you and the others who started thunderdome) and i am JUST NOW finally like "aha it's fitting together"

so thanks, and yes go do the thing goooooo

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Sitting Here posted:

gently caress yeah writing buddy

i got serious about writing approx. 6 years ago (largely thanks to you and the others who started thunderdome) and i am JUST NOW finally like "aha it's fitting together"

so thanks, and yes go do the thing goooooo

I know that feeling so well. I mean, I pretty much pants a draft zero and outline later, but my zero drafts for four novels are full of huge holes and I've been struggling to fill them in. It took five years to finally figure out how to outline book one so the story makes sense, and now I know exactly what to write next. It sure makes the going easier.

What clicked for this story is because its frame is a long love letter to someone lost, I turned all the chapter headings into sentence fragments that combine into the short form of what the narrator wants to say. That's helped me figure out what scenes are important or not, and later I can focus the same way on a paragraph and sentence level.

«9 »