Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
Question for the poets and poetry-lovers. I’m trying to get exposed to good professionally published poems and poets. The local Barnes and Nobel is fine but I wanted to expand into periodicals and journals. The one I already have is “POETRY” from the Poetry Foundation. Any I should add to that list?

Thirteen Orphans fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
I’m looking for a cheap electronic solution to writing on the go. What are my best bets, chromebooks? Am I stuck with Google services or can I use Dropbox?

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

tuyop posted:

A chrome book, sure.

Or you could just hook up a BT keyboard to your phone and type in Word/Docs/Pages/whatever mobile. The cheapness is like $35 in that case.

I have a old ipad that barely runs new stuff, I bet I can get that to work. Thanks!

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

perepelki posted:

"can you just whip up a quick three-minute animation"

It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some non-artists are about the creative and creation processes.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I’m looking into getting started painting. I want to experiment with color and work mostly in abstract shapes. What medium should I be looking at? My number one desire is the ability to mix colors to explore various shades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

Does anyone know of a good online poetry workshop? The kind of place that doesn't hold back and will tell you what sucks and why. I used to go to Poetry-Free-For-All but their connection isn't secure so I feel uncomfortable logging in again.