Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Like I used to care a little bit when they got super mad about dumb nonsense but, with how much poo poo they let off of trump I guess it turns out nothing matters to them beyond some archaic tribal in group and their ability to choose it at will. I'm just glad their hedonistic urges, and lack of consequences in their life, are driving them to extinction with opiates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEbl-umsFOM

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
feeling kinda relieved now that I’ve taken a big ole dump

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Evangelicals are the only people with more hate in their heart than me.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Ya.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I wish them the best in their quest for retard heaven OP

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

let it mellow posted:

feeling kinda relieved now that I’ve taken a big ole dump

Same, but also since I've stopped considering anything evangelicals say as genuine.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Who What Now posted:

Evangelicals are the only people with more hate in their heart than me.

It's almost heartwarming how terrible people all use religion the same way regardless of race or location.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I heard those pieces of poo poo cap you off at 700lbs of gold and you can’t ever get sainthood through that bullshit pyramid scheme.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
is it drilldo squirt appreciation day yet?

ever y day is drilldo squirt appreciation day :)

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Aww, poor drilldo's little brain is still broken by Trump. I guess you never saw a doctor for your TDS.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

myDad posted:

is it drilldo squirt appreciation day yet?

ever y day is drilldo squirt appreciation day :)

I appreciate this.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
It owns how the people who believe in god so much proved conclusively that he is real dead.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

a bone to pick posted:

Aww, poor drilldo's little brain is still broken by Trump. I guess you never saw a doctor for your TDS.

What does this have to do with evangelicals being total hypocrites?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

old beast lunatic posted:

It owns how the people who believe in god so much proved conclusively that he is real dead.

It's sad that God lets people make their own choices.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I mean usually it isn't, but, you know, were talking about evangelicals.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

old beast lunatic posted:

This. It's like we now have concrete proof that evangelicals don't believe in a god and are just trying to gain power/influence through religion.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

They definitely spend more time thinking and talking about the devil than anyone else.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

LabyaMynora posted:

This. It's like we now have concrete proof that evangelicals don't believe in a god and are just trying to gain power/influence through religion.

Either that, or 1984 was Orville's non fiction book about his year living among the evangelical savages.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

evangelicals are the classical conception of satanists

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Sometimes I remember that some people actually believe in god and it gives me a good chuckle

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Devils Affricate posted:

Sometimes I remember that some people actually believe in god and it gives me a good chuckle

Believe what you want but don't be a hypocrite.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
To me the tipping point was loving all those kids but yes trump is pretty bad.

E: i guess that was their buddies the catholics, birds of a feather and all that though

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
maybe the real god is the friends we've made along the way

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im relieved when they die OP

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

myDad posted:

unironically this for me

I'm interested in seeing where religion goes in the next 50 years as it just gets uglier and uglier and more rife with child rape

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

Believe what you want but don't be a hypocrite.

Don't tell me what to do

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

DogonCrook posted:

E: i guess that was their buddies the catholics, birds of a feather and all that though

There are actually two different kinds of Catholics

The bad kind, and the naughty kind

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Devils Affricate posted:

Don't tell me what to do.

I'm gonna.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

myDad posted:

Ftfy. :flipoff:

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011

Black August posted:

unironically this for me

I'm interested in seeing where religion goes in the next 50 years as it just gets uglier and uglier and more rife with child rape

There are a fair number of progressive denominations that do a lot of good work in the communities around them that are totally encouraging of the LGBT community/divorce/etc. in addition to keeping the art of beautiful liturgies alive. They're unfortunately drowned out by the massive number of screeching evangelicals, which is both saddening and worrying.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Pulvis Sumus posted:

There are a fair number of progressive denominations that do a lot of good work in the communities around them that are totally encouraging of the LGBT community/divorce/etc. in addition to keeping the art of beautiful liturgies alive. They're unfortunately drowned out by the massive number of screeching evangelicals, which is both saddening and worrying.

Yeah, well why don't I hear about them?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

DogonCrook posted:

Evangelicals and Catholics certainly are not "buddies".

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

Yeah, well why don't I hear about them?

I don't know man, they don't get much publicity unfortunately, but they're out there fighting the good fight. Generally whenever they make the news it's because conservative Christians are raising a stink about their left leaning views on abortion or gay marriage. The Episcopalians, United Church of Christ, and the PCUSA all ordain gay ministers, perform same sex marriages, believe in universal salvation, etc. and are generally pretty outwardly involved with social justice movements. They have their roots in liberation theology/social gospel and were heavily involved with the civil rights movement.

Pulvis Sumus fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 15, 2018

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
I'm glad we're sure that god has always been a pyramid scheme

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Pulvis Sumus posted:

I don't know man, they don't get much publicity unfortunately, but they're out there fighting the good fight. Generally whenever they make the news it's because conservative Christians are raising a stink about their left leaning views on abortion or gay marriage. The Episcopalians, United Church of Christ, and the PCUSA all ordain gay ministers, perform same sex marriages, believe in universal salvation, etc. and are generally pretty outwardly involved with social justice movements. They have their roots in liberation theology/social gospel and were heavily involved with the civil rights movement.

I don't know if your playing along or not, but, God bless you.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

I'm glad we're sure that god has always been a pyramid scheme

If you wanna have an atheist thread make one, this is about evangelicals being complete hypocrites in the public and, from what I've heard, the private sphere.

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't know if your playing along or not, but, God bless you.

Just being genuine and probably too serious for this thread lol.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Pulvis Sumus posted:

Just being genuine and probably too serious for this thread lol.

Watch out guys, this rear end in a top hat is playing the long game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

myDad posted:

• Locked thread