Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
A recent story on the Malign Portents site confirms they just live on spaceships, with sections that mimic the Lustria jungle to hang out in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LordAba posted:

Didn't the Lizardmen go all Final Fantasy X and become dreams or something?

This was presented as a possibility in their Battletome but only as one of several theories.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

MonsterEnvy posted:

After that other old characters and survivors
Gotrek (with his new book, were he is going to go and look for Felix who may have also survived.)

drat, not even the end of the world could let him find his doom, he must be PISSED

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 18, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I can be down with the Seraphon being the real heroes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hencoe posted:

drat, not even the end of the world couldn’t let him find his doom, he must be PISSED

At this point I imagine he's probably amused.

Warhammer Dwarves seem to be characterised by having a huge stick up their rear end, Slayers seem to be able to remove that and enjoy themselves with a total disregard for their survival.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Slayers seem to be able to remove that and enjoy themselves with a total disregard for their survival.

so basically they turn into goblins?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

today has been a successful day

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Flipswitch posted:

Yes. Yesssss.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

S.J. posted:

I was thinking the Celestant Prime was explicitly reincarnated Karl Franz?

I think he is explicitly not.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
If Felix survived the most likely reason to me would be that he was reincarnated as a Stormcast. All things considered I'd guess one of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer since that was supposed to be their whole shtick from what I remember of the fluff.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

:perfect:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Flipswitch posted:

Now do the Purple Sun

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Is it viable to do stormcasts without any of the weird-rear end looking ranged weapons?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I think it's in fact more viable than including them.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Now do the Purple Sun
That thing had more than 2 step construction so I let someone else do it

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

Is it viable to do stormcasts without any of the weird-rear end looking ranged weapons?

Depends what ranged elements you're talking about. Taking Judicators in some capacity is a good idea and I'd say you're a little worse off without them. The dragon models have various mortal wound abilities in the shooting phase so you can kind of go that direction. Vanguard are super out if your objection is with their pistols. Prosecutors suck poo poo in all forms, but they're used in two really good Battalions so you'll lose them. Castigators seem very niche so you can skip them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Warhammer Dwarves seem to be characterised by having a huge stick up their rear end, Slayers seem to be able to remove that and enjoy themselves with a total disregard for their survival.
Gotrek is a bit more grumpy about it. Particularly since he has lived long enough that other Slayers started to make fun of him for not being being able to find his doom. Namely at the time that started happening he had been a Slayer for 20 Years. And like 20 more or something passed before the end times happened.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I think he is explicitly not.

No we just have no confirmation at all. He is from the Old World is all that is known.

Pendent posted:

If Felix survived the most likely reason to me would be that he was reincarnated as a Stormcast. All things considered I'd guess one of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer since that was supposed to be their whole shtick from what I remember of the fluff.

From the book synopsis that seems to be Gotrek's theory.

quote:

Gotrek Gurnisson was the greatest monster slayer of the age, who met his doom at the End Times. The heroic dwarf stepped forth into the Realm of Chaos to fight the daemons gnawing at the world’s ending and satisfy his death oath, leaving behind his companion Felix Jaeger. Now Gotrek has returned, having outlived the old gods and the Old World. Spat from the ruinous depths with his redemption unfulfilled, he emerges into the Mortal Realms, a strange new world where gods walk and dark forces are ascendant. Nothing is as he remembers. His oaths are dust, and the lands are torn asunder by Chaos. Yet when Gotrek learns of human champions being elevated to immortality for Sigmar’s fight against this darkness, the so-called ‘Stormcast Eternals’, he knows why fate has brought him into this new age. To find Felix. For only then can he find the peace in death he seeks. But is there more to Gotrek’s apotheosis than even he can fathom? Has he truly been chosen by Grimnir and for what purpose?

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 18, 2018

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

The Deleter posted:

Depends what ranged elements you're talking about. Taking Judicators in some capacity is a good idea and I'd say you're a little worse off without them. The dragon models have various mortal wound abilities in the shooting phase so you can kind of go that direction. Vanguard are super out if your objection is with their pistols. Prosecutors suck poo poo in all forms, but they're used in two really good Battalions so you'll lose them. Castigators seem very niche so you can skip them.

The weird rear end bows and crossbows.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

The weird rear end bows and crossbows.

Yeah, you can go without Judicators, kinda. You'll want some form of shooting, whether that's from the Vanguard or Prosecutors, but there's definitely ways to play without them.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Vlad von Carstein (Yet to do anything)

Not heard that one. Although apparently the new core book does have an amusing explanation for vampire lords using the old special characters models. When Nagash gave Mannfred a kingdom in Shyish to rule over, Mannfred made a bunch of magical copies of Vlad, Isabella, Konrad and the other Von Carsteins so he could force them to bow before him and be his lackeys. Then he had an “Oh god what the hell am I even doing?” moment and abdicated.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Prosecutors are rad and cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Not heard that one. Although apparently the new core book does have an amusing explanation for vampire lords using the old special characters models. When Nagash gave Mannfred a kingdom in Shyish to rule over, Mannfred made a bunch of magical copies of Vlad, Isabella, Konrad and the other Von Carsteins so he could force them to bow before him and be his lackeys. Then he had an “Oh god what the hell am I even doing?” moment and abdicated.

Vlad is confirmed to be Mortarch of Shadows still.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
If soulblight ever get a battletome vlad seems like the perfect special character for it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

If soulblight ever get a battletome vlad seems like the perfect special character for it

They don't really need a Battletome. Something like Legion of Shadows would work better in my opinion.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Has there been any confirmation on the fate of Bretonnia? Or are we still just kind of guessing they're the Fleshlord Courts since the mechanics are so similar?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

They don't really need a Battletome. Something like Legion of Shadows would work better in my opinion.

I want them to get the DoK/Nighthaunt treatment and that necessitates a battletome.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I thought the premise of Nagash was he got all the souls of the fuckos who didn't pick a side in the Sigmaring. Brettonians, as I recall, went out like complete legends crusading until the end, to the extent King Louie's blessed blood poisoned Great Unclean Ones.

Eternally pissed that Gilles came back and fought back to back with Abhorash in the abbey, then they did nothing with it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Clawtopsy posted:

I thought the premise of Nagash was he got all the souls of the fuckos who didn't pick a side in the Sigmaring. Brettonians, as I recall, went out like complete legends crusading until the end, to the extent King Louie's blessed blood poisoned Great Unclean Ones.

Eternally pissed that Gilles came back and fought back to back with Abhorash in the abbey, then they did nothing with it.

Nagash actually by default is supposed to get all Souls. When the Pantheon was originally set up that was promised to him. Chaos however takes the souls of their followers, so naturally Nagash was pissed at them. When Sigmar started creating the Stormcast, Nagash pretty much declared his unending hate for him cause those souls he was using for Stormcast were supposed to be his as promised by Sigmar. Likewise he hates the Elven gods for taking souls out of Slaanesh and turning them into new Eleven Races because as promised those should be given to him.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Nagash’s hatred for Sigmar was increased because he wasn’t just stealing any souls, he was stealing the best and brightest souls. What a dick.

I picked up the old starter set on the weekend because it’s a really cheap way to get those models, I plan to have a multi god chaos host so the blood bound are great, and I’m going to try converting the stormcast into slaanesh warriors

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i hope bretonnians arent sigmarines either way

i remember vaguely that somebody ( I think alariel?) was trying to use the bretonnians to make new humans in the new universe because something something grails are magic, was that a thing?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Painting video for scenic bases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozs0KGOb-0Q

Sequitor painting video tonight.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

This might be dog-poo poo, but im not going for ETC-level lists.

Lord-Celestant on Stardrake
Lord-Aquilor
Celestial Battlemage
3x5 Vanguard Hunters
1x5 Hammerdins
4 desolators

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
New story

A topical one - this week we check in with Mannfred von Carstein, who has found work as a construction manager.

Legendary Ptarmigan fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 19, 2018

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I've enjoyed the last few Malign Portents stories quite a bit. You've got space lizards, Stormcast loving up, Foreman von Carstein and lots of NAGASH DIALOGUE

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My Tzeentch SC came with an extra set of 3 screamers :toot:

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
So what do I need to legally fill out the units from Soul War? Will the easy build kits do it?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Clawtopsy posted:

i hope bretonnians arent sigmarines either way

i remember vaguely that somebody ( I think alariel?) was trying to use the bretonnians to make new humans in the new universe because something something grails are magic, was that a thing?

You might be confusing a few of the storylines. The elven god of magic, who had been masquerading as the Lady of the Lake, spirited the one elf hero into the far realms along with some random elves so that elves, and by extension the elven gods, would survive. She set up another to turned into a vampire so that the vampire elf could become the avatar of the elven god of death. The avatar was then in a position to rescue a bunch of souls from Slaanesh when it was weakened by Teclis.

I think this formed the core of the ‘classic’ elf factions in AoS.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

maev posted:

So what do I need to legally fill out the units from Soul War? Will the easy build kits do it?

1 box of Sequitors will get you to 10 with the options you need.

Castigators are units of 3. You get 5 in the starter and three in the easy build.

The banshees appear to be multiples of 4.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

My Tzeentch SC came with an extra set of 3 screamers :toot:

Did it actually or are those the screamers for the chariot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

maev posted:

To add on to what Thundercloud said, you'll need two boxes of Glaivewraith Stalkers to make the min unit of 10.