Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Sorry for the noob question, but I wanted to make sure I was looking at the right things to get started. It looks like I can get the basic rules from the web site, then all I need to get going is the Battletome for the army I want as far as books right?
The Skeleton Horde starter box is for Legions of Nagash, is that correct? Can I also use that box for an Ossiarch Bonereaper army?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Boing posted:

It is for Legions of Nagash. Ossiarch Bonereapers have completely different skeleton-ish guys for their troops. However the big Arkhan the Black that you get in that box can indeed be used in both armies.

Ok thanks. I'll have to decide which one I want to go with. I'm leaning towards Bonereapers just for the 4-armed skeletons.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Another maybe dumb question. What's the difference between the digital battletome I can get for $35 from the Warhammer Digital site and the one for $20 I can get through the Age of Sigmar app?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

edit: Nevermind, wrong thread.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I just put together my very first Skeleton Warrior and I'm already questioning what kind of special hell I've gotten myself in to.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I have my first squad of Skeleton Warriors almost done and I'm beginning to have second-thoughts on my choice of army. Maybe I just picked the wrong options, but the details on a lot of them seem vague and hard to figure out what's what. Maybe next squad I'll go as plain as I can.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

My favorite part of that chart is that Skaven can’t even be allies with other Skaven easily.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

It sure would be nice if the AoS app actually let me download the Battletomes I've bought.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Geisladisk posted:

Knowing the way GW currently operates, this is a new Primaris unit. Somehow.

Looking forward to the new Primaris Exterminators models.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Got the Daughters of Khaine Start Collecting box for my birthday, and I'm looking forward to painting up some murder elves.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

For those who have painted a Bloodwrack Shrine, did you assemble the whole thing first, or do it in sub-assemblies. Seems like it makes sense to leave the stair sections off and do those separately.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Looks like that Daughters of Khaine book I ordered is going to take a while to get here. GW posted their US warehouse is basically closed due to weather for a while.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

That’s going to be an expensive game, and I’m going to buy it anyway. These models all look amazing.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I finally got my shipping notice for the DoK Battletome I pre-ordered. I was starting to wonder when it would show up. GW did at least let me know it was going to be late because their US warehouse got more or less shut down from weather a few weeks ago.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/28/sunday-preview-enter-the-cursed-city/

Cursed City comes up for preorder next week.
Just about a week after the promotional push that most likely would've happened alongside the release if we didn't live in a terrible timeline.

There’s still no indication on price is there? I’m assuming somewhere around $150 at this point.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Exinos posted:

Discountgamesinc.com has it.
https://www.discountgamesinc.com/warhammer-quest-cursed-city.html

Jay is great, where I get most of my stuff.

Thanks for this, just ordered my copy from here. It's already sold out from GW.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Got my copy of Cursed City today, and it occurs to me I'm going to have to figure out a storage solution for all these minis.
Also, I guess GW said on Twitter it's not going to be available online anymore, and that if you want one, find one at retail.

edit: Now I'm seeing that the Twitter post was in reference to the novel and not the game? I have no idea if that's actually the case.

Funzo fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 16, 2021

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I wonder if they’re going to reveal the starter box at all, and which other army will be in it.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

So is Arkhan not in the game anymore? I never even got around to assembling mine from the starter box.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Well crud. He’s in the Skeleton Horde start collecting box. Looks like the Black knights in that box aren’t very good now too. Oh well.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

MonsterEnvy posted:

As mentioned you can build him as Mannfred or Neferata instead. I built mine as a Mannfred.

I can't believe I never even noticed that before, and I've had the kit sitting around for almost a year now. Between the Skeleton Horde box and Cursed City I guess I'm putting together some Soulblight Gravelords

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Start Collecting boxes are usually not limited release right? That new Soulblight box will be around for a while I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I wonder if they're going to do anything with the Darkling Coven stuff. Malerion showed up in that short fiction, so maybe they'll get broken out to their own thing sometime?