Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hi friends. i scrapped my original post in favor of doing this q&a style.

as you all know i live in a loving SPOOKY-rear end HOUSE that i bought in december, and wow is it fuckin great. not only are my neighbors the most kickass, genuinely kind people, also uh so there's been like 19 murders on this site since 1930, there was a possession in 1949 APPARENTLY, and oh yeah it's on land owned and then granted to sharecroppers by a gigantically racist POS who founded the local gardens and did a bunch of other things and also buried the remains of the enslaved all over this area of my village.

so what up

you wanna know stories? ask me questions.

i'll give you one good one: in 1949 a child's aunt and uncle lived in the house, and the aunt was brutally murdered by an intruder (supposedly) with a hammer in march of that year. in april of that year, child came to stay after a "bout of strange illness" at a university hospital in maryland, to convalesce with his uncle, the grieving widower. then the poo poo started, kid ends up being watched in house by priests, kid has things appearing all over body and strange voices happening around the house, priests get scared, bed slides itself across the room. child is moved to local hospital attached to what is now a gigantic university hospital, but then was run by a particular sect of the catholic church; exorcisms (multiple) occur, and all is well.

right?

wrong. house was then abandoned a year later by uncle claiming there were still massive occurrences, it was sold several times over and then fell into disrepair in the 60s and 70s, where it was used by squatters, then by firefighters who would use it for controlled burn training tests. house was reconstructed and restored in 1980s, then sold three more times to a man who slowly lost his mind, murdered his wife with a hammer in 84, and then house was discovered to be hoarded up. with all sorts of weird hosed up poo poo. i have pictures i can either scan or photograph and post later if there's interest.

houses were at some point renumbered in the 1970s in the village. probably in direct response to all of the shitshow that was this house and the echoes of the violence that surrounded it.

house was not sold again until 2009, when it was sold to the previous owner, who gutted and again restored house over the course of eight years. during all of this restoration, previous owner, and his then-wife, had increasing escalating violent altercations, accusations of mutual adultery (lol whatevs talk to each other and its fine), and then it ended in a violent row in which she left. he was the, at the time, chief of the village police and was fired subsequently fired for stealing money from a local celebrity who was famous for being in a film with judy garland, and was the last surviving munchkin.

anyway. cool house right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

that's really spooky!

is is scary at night when it's dark and the house makes house settling noises?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Farecoal

There he go
wow that's a pretty K̸̞̰̙̗̹̫͕͝Í̶̳̜͚͚̜̣̩̩̬͉̳̺̬̀L̛̬͉̥̗͉̘͎͍̭̲̫͔̭͜ͅL͟͟͏̺̲͚̹̖̻̦̬̞̘͙̻̜͢ͅ cool house you got there op, lot of C͟҉͙̟̼͎̻̼̮̫̯͝H̙͈̥͇̥̙͙͡E̢̱̲̪̲͓͕̺̼̪Ą̲̦̳̜̬̻͚T͏͎̫̥͕̮̖̣E͖͈̪̫̼̻͎R҉͘҉̯͇̩͍̘̭̪ hosed up history there

Farecoal

There he go
when was the house built?

Robot Made of Meat

City of Glompton posted:

that's really spooky!

is is scary at night when it's dark and the house makes house settling noises?

No, it makes unsettling noises.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

MockingQuantum

oh hey i'm pretty sure I know what house this is because I was that weird kid who read a book in high school and got a little too obsessed with the real-life story its based on

in which case, if it's the one I'm thinking of, you house crazy, please tell more

What flavor of things do you experience in there?

thank you luvcow for the sig

Manifisto

Robot Made of Meat posted:

No, it makes unsettling noises.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I wana see that dudes hord.

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

it's not terribly scary; i mean we get a lot of weird poo poo like sounds of bodies being rolled down my bedroom (the attic, THAT BEDROOM aforementioned) stairs; sometimes all the doors bang rapidly without there being an airflow draft we've found but that's pretty normal. housemate has heard someone screaming my name when he's home alone, but that could be attributed to just wind.

you would be likely correct on the house, MockingQuantum, and yeah, it was pretty ace as hell.

the current format of the house was built onto in 1948; the previous format house was built in 1919 with a small crofthouse type structure in the back (which is now the hill in the very back, full of weird stones and bricks and apparently a couple of bodies, as found by geophys. local police took an interest in the geophys readings and sent county out to do a preliminary dig to see if they're for real or not. if so, identification and repatriation to appropriate consecrated land, if an identification can be made, would be ideal.

hold please for hoard pics, these are in a binder that i got with the house.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

oh there's also a weird stain on the wood floor in the dining room, where some boards were replaced with the wrong kind of wood, but some of the edges of the stain were missed either intentionally or unintentionally and so you can clearly see a body-shape and pooling. which, ok. i'm refinishing that floor anyway this summer, nbd.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Two posts, for comparison:

Here's the hoarded up house as found in 2009 by the previous owner:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

here are the real estate pictures of the house as when i took possession of it in december 2017:

not pictured: the other downstairs bedroom attached to the weird palm tree bathroom, because that's my brother's and already had stuff in it.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

the attic bedroom which is all now one, didn't have a bathroom up there, and was originally divided into two bedrooms.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

oh hey, another story: once upon a time, after freeing the enslaved peoples from the plantation what is now a famous garden, my village was originally sharecropped out to lower middle-class people that were both immigrants who were indentured as well as the formerly enslaved, and there were a series of original crofthouses on this land; people were given odd crops and unseasonable types of plants to grow in an effort by the estate of said wealthy landowner, dooming them to fail and starve. then, white but affluent immigrant folks moved in, with money, and built the stately firebrick homes in this, and the neighboring village, causing an influx of cash made during the 1920s. when the cash boom finally busted, families here were relatively well protected due to being well invested in commodities that would fuel the coming second world war.

in the 1950s through the 1970s, this became a wealthy african american enclave after the white flight out of the north of this county to another area, during the era of a pond of the spaniards to put it very vaguely, and this became something of a nice integrated boomtown where the famous firebrick houses in the area were restored to their former glory. houses are still being lovingly restored and upkept, making this a gem of the area.

except this house.

this house wasn't touched for full restoration until 2009. and i'm still fixing it, and removing the atrocious wallpaper and babyshit yellow spongepainting and horrifying blue silver bathroom wall upstairs.

it's a long process, a very work intensive process, and well worth it.

i've also found several interesting artifacts in the house, mostly in the under-basement crawlspace into the cave access:

-photobooks of former families, dating well back to before the actual house was built onto with the downstairs bedroom, kitchen extension, etc.
-a tin box of small lead soldiers
-a large container of jewelry pieces and old buttons
-a tinplate photo of an african american family posing with the landowner, prior to the end of human enslavement federally within the united states, passed down between family members until the last living member likely died in the house or on the property
-a doll with a smashed in face, between the basement false wall and the exterior wall
-"finger bones" from a broken reliquary to the saints, likely carved into human-like shapes from chicken bones
-bags of various powders and herbs, yet unidentified
-a silver candle stick engraved with the monogram H
-a set of horse carriage bells
-two bibles inscribed to the family from 1949; returned to local family members still living

it's been very interesting.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
:stare:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
please be safe ham

Manifisto

you weren't kidding, you've definitely got atmosphere to spare

I'm glad you made the thread, thanks for sharing.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

also my kitchen is hella nice and i've never had a real working full scale kitchen before, so i've been cooking a lot.

oh yeah fun thing when i hooked the water line up to the refrigerator, from the basement, to make ice/water in the interior spout: i found a little girl's kilt pin from the local catholic school. there were no girls registered as living here ever, only adult women. neat. i wonder which one of them kept it as their momento?

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
drat, that's quite the storied bit of property you've got there. I'd advise talking to the local ruling council and seeing if you can get the "murder, monsters, and mayhem" exemption removed from the zoning.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kthulhu5000 posted:

drat, that's quite the storied bit of property you've got there. I'd advise talking to the local ruling council and seeing if you can get the "murder, monsters, and mayhem" exemption removed from the zoning.

actually i'm pretty chill livin in the murderzone, as i have an actual skeleton inside my body right now

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

hamjobs posted:

actually i'm pretty chill livin in the murderzone, as i have an actual skeleton inside my body right now

SPOOKY :stare: .

also, don't get too bound up in mystery games with your spectral tenants. all that business with journals, pendants, and puzzles to "put restless spirits to rest" is just a distraction spirits make people engage in to avoid paying rent.

----------------

MockingQuantum

hamjobs posted:

oh hey, another story: once upon a time, after freeing the enslaved peoples from the plantation what is now a famous garden, my village was originally sharecropped out to lower middle-class people that were both immigrants who were indentured as well as the formerly enslaved, and there were a series of original crofthouses on this land; people were given odd crops and unseasonable types of plants to grow in an effort by the estate of said wealthy landowner, dooming them to fail and starve. then, white but affluent immigrant folks moved in, with money, and built the stately firebrick homes in this, and the neighboring village, causing an influx of cash made during the 1920s. when the cash boom finally busted, families here were relatively well protected due to being well invested in commodities that would fuel the coming second world war.

in the 1950s through the 1970s, this became a wealthy african american enclave after the white flight out of the north of this county to another area, during the era of a pond of the spaniards to put it very vaguely, and this became something of a nice integrated boomtown where the famous firebrick houses in the area were restored to their former glory. houses are still being lovingly restored and upkept, making this a gem of the area.

except this house.

this house wasn't touched for full restoration until 2009. and i'm still fixing it, and removing the atrocious wallpaper and babyshit yellow spongepainting and horrifying blue silver bathroom wall upstairs.

it's a long process, a very work intensive process, and well worth it.

i've also found several interesting artifacts in the house, mostly in the under-basement crawlspace into the cave access:

-photobooks of former families, dating well back to before the actual house was built onto with the downstairs bedroom, kitchen extension, etc.
-a tin box of small lead soldiers
-a large container of jewelry pieces and old buttons
-a tinplate photo of an african american family posing with the landowner, prior to the end of human enslavement federally within the united states, passed down between family members until the last living member likely died in the house or on the property
-a doll with a smashed in face, between the basement false wall and the exterior wall
-"finger bones" from a broken reliquary to the saints, likely carved into human-like shapes from chicken bones
-bags of various powders and herbs, yet unidentified
-a silver candle stick engraved with the monogram H
-a set of horse carriage bells
-two bibles inscribed to the family from 1949; returned to local family members still living

it's been very interesting.

that list of things sounds like I've found a list of evidence for a super spooky mystery, crazy stuff. My cousin restores homes and finds those sorts of things in walls and whatever pretty frequently, but never that much in one home.

also knowing what I do, "a silver candle stick engraved with the monogram H" is kind of eerie.

thank you luvcow for the sig

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
anyhow, more seriously, between the updating, renovation, and the segments I've seen, your house is on its way to being a pretty kicking rad pad. and is that a car lift in the garage?

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MockingQuantum posted:

that list of things sounds like I've found a list of evidence for a super spooky mystery, crazy stuff. My cousin restores homes and finds those sorts of things in walls and whatever pretty frequently, but never that much in one home.

also knowing what I do, "a silver candle stick engraved with the monogram H" is kind of eerie.

yeah exactly. it was in the basement crawlspace down by the limestone cave tunnel.

the renumbering leads to hilarious mistakes. my friend lives down the street in the original number, and so she gets lawns full of tourists constantly. especially at night because ~spoopy~ and has been on tv shows, etc.

me, i'm just over here enjoying the fact that we only get the REAL fuckin weirdos.

here's a hospital that is cool.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kthulhu5000 posted:

anyhow, more seriously, between the updating, renovation, and the segments I've seen, your house is on its way to being a pretty kicking rad pad. and is that a car lift in the garage?

that was actually roof joists and a car lift in there, yeah! when they rejoisted the whole thing and rebuilt it, they stacked everything in there and unfortunately broke a lot of poo poo. including the lift eventually. i'm having a new one installed when i get paid from an old contract job, since i am officially a Retired Person at age 34 because i'm fuckin BROKEN but also because i want to work for myself instead of a shadowy corporate overlord and make enough being an independent artist that it's cool.

i'm currently in the process of removing the hideous nipple wallpaper in the living room, what i call "eldritch wall o ostrich nips" because it's a horrible taupe toned ostrich skin looking vinyl paper that was put up over the lovely intact plasterwork, so a lot of careful steaming has to be done to ensure it stays ok underneath. it'll be fuckin great when i'm done.

we've already had a few parties and many a weed has been rebuked in the name of jesus christ right before bursting into flame.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

hamjobs posted:

that was actually roof joists and a car lift in there, yeah! when they rejoisted the whole thing and rebuilt it, they stacked everything in there and unfortunately broke a lot of poo poo. including the lift eventually. i'm having a new one installed when i get paid from an old contract job, since i am officially a Retired Person at age 34 because i'm fuckin BROKEN but also because i want to work for myself instead of a shadowy corporate overlord and make enough being an independent artist that it's cool.

hey, you're acquiring a house, and one that seems almost tailor made for an artistic work vibe, so you're well on the way to realizing that goal. And I suppose it goes without saying that you've already got a million Halloween decorating ideas in mind?

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kthulhu5000 posted:

hey, you're acquiring a house, and one that seems almost tailor made for an artistic work vibe, so you're well on the way to realizing that goal. And I suppose it goes without saying that you've already got a million Halloween decorating ideas in mind?

I have a few fully articulated animal skeletons and some human reliquaries from my family so yes yes yes, my house is already hella spoop.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i also should do a walk around in the basement/garage tomorrow to show you the creepy tiny room that used to have a trapdoor that is concreted over. it's not into a crawlspace, it's into a little bunker with packed dirt walls shored up with wood and concrete. like a super tornado shelter that you couldn't get out of on your own, or the root cellar from hell. maybe a makeshift bomb shelter?

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
this is a really cool thread! Yer house is rad. I would love to see some pics of the artifacts you've found if you can.

That type of garage is purpose built for hoarding old cars and needs a hidden ferrari in it for like 30 years

Also I am officially not going to use the nickname "hammers" on you EVER AGAIN lol

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

i also should do a walk around in the basement/garage tomorrow to show you the creepy tiny room that used to have a trapdoor that is concreted over. it's not into a crawlspace, it's into a little bunker with packed dirt walls shored up with wood and concrete. like a super tornado shelter that you couldn't get out of on your own, or the root cellar from hell. maybe a makeshift bomb shelter?

pickman's root cellar

or maybe just a nice little cheese cave, your house is like a supernatural rorschach test

drilldo squirt

hamjobs posted:

here are the real estate pictures of the house as when i took possession of it in december 2017:

not pictured: the other downstairs bedroom attached to the weird palm tree bathroom, because that's my brother's and already had stuff in it.

You have a nice house.

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

drilldo squirt posted:

You have a nice house.

Thank you, I have already chosen to fill it with garbage and return it to its former glory

drilldo squirt

hamjobs posted:

Thank you, I have already chosen to fill it with garbage and return it to its former glory

The house's curse has already claimed you.

----------------

drilldo squirt

I was looking at that room below the roof with the stairs down to it, for some reason, and you should put the biggest tv you can find below the window and a bunch of old recliners and make a movie room.

----------------

drilldo squirt

If you can find enough of those old tower speakers that still work you could wire it up to a good music system and you would have a cool rear end looking place.

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I actually use that giant attic room for my bedroom now, and I'm splitting it into two rooms so I have my bed in the gable and that's my sleeping only area, and the rest of the space is being divided into work and 80" tv area with my consoles and desktop tower.

The living room downstairs has a projector and big sisters, a giant fancy couch, two new fancy chairs and some Moroccan side tables I brought back from my last trip.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Found a bunch of broken glass morphine bottles in the crawlspace from back when it was legal to just go to the store and buy, so that's pretty cool.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
I have no demons in my house to my knowledge, and yet it is inferior to your demon-filled corpse-storage murder playground in every way!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I have a two part question:

1. Do ghost fart?
2. Are humans farts good for repelling ghosts as I believed as a child and still believe so I can sleep at night?

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dick Bastardly posted:

I have a two part question:

1. Do ghost fart?
2. Are humans farts good for repelling ghosts as I believed as a child and still believe so I can sleep at night?

1. No but they do smell like rotting corpses
2. I'll let you live your own personal truth

• Locked thread