Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So why do we need a console thread?
  • Different Guilds,
  • There are currently differences in the UI,
  • HUGE differences in trading prices and techniques,
  • Spoilers from the latest updates,
The main thread is located here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585612

Most discussion on modding weapons & frames, farming materials, storyline quests and everything to do with Warframe in general will probably get a better answer on there.

As a rule of thumb: if it applies to the PC and console versions, post it in the main thread; if it only applies to the console version or you're dodging spoilers, post it here.

Fair enough. So what's Warframe?

https://www.warframe.com/game/quickstart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbHFGE4Siow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOE6528pwFc

Warframe is a game about space ninjas and ha ha ha no way I'm not spoiling that in the OP, play the Second Dream quest. The backstory is a little confusing, but a long time ago in a galaxy far far away there were these dudes called the Orokin. Their empire collapsed, and their top warriors - the warframes - were put to sleep because their war was over.

You play one of these warriors waking up to discover that the relays (which enable planet-to-planet travel) have been shut down, and the system is enveloped in a war between two armies: the Grineer, and the Corpus. The Grineer are a clone army who want to eat your delicious warframe at the start of the game, and the Corpus are a trade cult obsessed with the Art of the Deal and robits.

There's also the Infested, but they're not so much an army as a crazy mutation slowly overtaking everything, and you occasionally find Corrupted, who are grineer and corpus who wandered into Orokin leftovers and got possessed by them.

There's a lot more to it than that, but if you want to find out more, do the story quests, scan stuff and read the codex on your ship.

Right, but why should I play Warframe?

Did I mention space ninjas? Because you are a ninja, in space. When I say you flip about the level with parkour I don't want you to imagine Assassins Creed style slow climbing, I want you to imagine Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia style running along walls, bullet jumping across huge gaps and sliding along the floor while shooting two guns. It's fast, and it's fun as hell.

There are swords, and whips, and hammers, and clubs; staves, axes, daggers, katana nikana, nunchaku, spears, rapiers, polearms and knuckle dusters.

And that's just the melee weapons.

When you count up all the melee weapons, rifles, shotguns, bows, pistols, throwing stars and grenade launchers, there are close to 300 weapons which almost all feel substantially different.

The best thing about Warframe is the fact that in an age of "We're listening," Digital Extremes are actually listening. The aforementioned parkour came about because people were abusing a weapon by helicoptering to skip huge chunks of levels, so instead of banning the weapon they changed the movement system.

Most of the time, when a new frame comes out everyone has a go about how one of the powers doesn't work properly (or would be better if it worked differently), and within the week there'll be a patch to change it. Old frames regularly get a rework by Pablo (PBUH) which are generally extremely well recieved by the community.

They added a horde mode, they added an open world area on Earth and another on Venus. They're adding more storyline quests, constantly adding new frames and weapons, tweaking old frames and have completely overhauled the melee system. There are dailies, weeklies, an evolving pseudo battlepass system (but entirely free) and a ton of different play modes.

It's like having Destiny's exotics, with the movement system sonic 3D should have had, all jammed into Mass Effect 3 multiplayer but with Diablo's randomly generated levels. If you get bored of your current frame's powers, you can always switch to a different one you've unlocked without having to re-do all of the quests and starchart progress.

Also it's a free-to-play which is actually free to play (if you're patient), and you can get almost everything just by grinding and crafting.

You mentioned a guild?

Yes. You need to be in the guild to get the parts and blueprints for some of the frames and weapons. You don't need to commit to any raids (DE removed them anyway) or be social so if you just want the blueprints, nobody's going to be in the slightest bothered.

Thranguy posted:

On PS4 the goon alliance (Space Ninja Dance Party) has three clans: LLJK, which I'm one of the leaders, a currently full Shadow Clan (but we have a few inactives if that matters) with all research but Hema done, Definitely the Corpus, another shadow clan that might also have Hema done, no idea on fullness, and STF Unicorn, a ghost clan I have no knowledge about.

We also have a community, "Warframe Goons".

Zombie Defiler posted:

Heyo, LLJK clan leader here, (R7-PS on PSN)
It has come to my attention that the communities function on the PSN is being phased out by Sony, so we will no longer have the nice easy notification system for new players we loved and enjoyed.
Therefore: I invite all playstation warframe goons and those who wish to become one with our hive to join this discord https://discord.gg/cNdb5RHBhj

If this could be added to the OP that would be super good. Hope to see you all in discord.
(This is going to be the fastest way for you to get invited to a warframe playstation goon clan because I do not check the SA forums very often.)

Golgozor posted:

I am one of the leaders of LLJK as well [...] I do still login pretty much every day even if I'm not really playing. If you join the PS4 Warframe Goons community and ask for an invite somebody will get you into one of the clans. I also fund research when new poo poo comes out unless somebody beats me to the punch, so if you're new don't sweat that (except mutagen samples for hema). I will also pass out mods if you need them and I have them. Let me know.

PSN: Steamshovel_Dan

Will fill in more details on the xbox clan as and when they appear, but at the moment there doesn't appear to be one. If you think you're going to be around long-term and want to make one, go for it.

NORTH-HALL posted:

I went ahead and made a :siren: XBOX DISCORD CHANNEL :siren: so we can get our poo poo organised at https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

There is now a switch clan!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Rockbear and I have one that’s growing pretty strong with goons only called The Solar Whales. We are coordinating stuff in the SA Gamers discord: https://discord.gg/364rsdd

v1ld posted:

https://discord.gg/nQMdYCK

It's under Generally Bad Games.

I want to know more.

Well, most of the rest is covered in the PC thread OP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585612

Again, if it applies to the PC and console versions, post it in the main thread; if it only applies to the console version, is about trading, or you're dodging spoilers, post it here.

The usual 'I just started and I'm a bit lost' advice is as follows:
  • Finish the Vor quest,
  • Buy all of the guns you can get get with credits, especially Strun.
  • Unlock the star chart,
  • Do the story quests, especially Second Dream,
  • By this point it should be obvious that the point of Warframe is "Play it because it's fun and you need to collect all the guns."
Cool. By the way, what's 'spoiler mode?'

It's what you get for finishing the Second Dream quest (along with an upgrade from War Within that you need to do the Plains of Eidolon at night), and the community will absolutely turn on you if you spoil the reveal for new players.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
On PS4 the goon alliance (Space Ninja Dance Party) has three clans: LLJK, which I'm one of the leaders, a currently full Shadow Clan (but we have a few inactives if that matters) with all research but Hema done, Definitely the Corpus, another shadow clan that might also have Hema done, no idea on fullness, and STF Unicorn, a ghost clan I have no knowledge about.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Anyone know if the Dragon Mod pack Baro is currently offering on PS4 includes corrupted mods? The name makes it sounds like it might, but I don't want to drop credits and ducks on it otherwise.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Dragon just refers to the size. The wiki doesn't say what's in it, but it does say that vaults are the only source for corrupted mods.

Either way, the drop chance would be horrifyingly low. I wouldn't buy a mod pack if you're looking to get a particular mod from it.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Ah, kk, glad I checked. Ta.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011
If you need corrupted mods I'm always down for a vault run or 20. ign is UnexpectedGoose. No mic but no one ever talks anyways. Been running pub ones but it's a slog.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Sheeple posted:

If you need corrupted mods I'm always down for a vault run or 20. ign is UnexpectedGoose. No mic but no one ever talks anyways. Been running pub ones but it's a slog.

I would love to run a few (hundred) of them. PSN: veddermatic.

Are we assuming everyone is PS4 unless stated otherwise?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What good stuff is Baro selling ATM, anyway? And how hard do I need to race to get Hydroid Prime before he’s vaulted?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My PS4 name is LeeExhausted

Thranguy posted:

And I have no idea how to do any of this. I just made a clan key in the foundry and it took me some Dojo with a ton of stuff already researched. I don't really know how to get to any specific clans.

I'll get back to this tomorrow, I've gotta get to work, unfortunately.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Someone must have invited you to some random clan. Unless it was one of ours (check the clan option in the communications menu, clan name should be on top), you'll have to leave that clan before you can be invited to one of ours.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

What good stuff is Baro selling ATM, anyway? And how hard do I need to race to get Hydroid Prime before he’s vaulted?
On PS4, he's selling Viper Wraith, Primo Vandal and a set of Impact mods for all weapon types, including Primed Heavy Trauma.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Glad to have a console exclusive thread for all of the reasons listed in the OP.

I'm approaching the top level of one of the syndicates, and the item I need to sacrifice to reach the next level is a Nekros Prime part. I have one of those parts, but I'd rather use it towards my Nekros Prime frame, since it was hard to get. Does anyone know if my syndicate level requirements will change once Nekros Prime is vaulted in a few days?

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

barren_sky posted:

Does anyone know if my syndicate level requirements will change once Nekros Prime is vaulted in a few days?

Yes. I asked the same question in the main thread.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yes. The requirement was Ember Prime neuroptics until a while ago when it changed to Nekros.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thranguy posted:

Someone must have invited you to some random clan. Unless it was one of ours (check the clan option in the communications menu, clan name should be on top), you'll have to leave that clan before you can be invited to one of ours.

Okay, I just left the clan. Could you or someone else give me an invite to one of the goon clans?

edit: Thanks for the invite, now I've just gotta wait for the key to finish building.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 16, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Does anyone have Archwing advice? Becuase hoo boy. These are both hard to control in transport missions or overwhelming when they ask you to defend relays.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ I levelled mine up on the Mars extermination mission with an affinity booster, but it was an absolute poo poo. Later in the game, you can buy Itzal and Grattler from the Dojo, but Grattler needs quite a few rare mats that are hard to grind for.

---

So one of the things I wanted to find out about the console experience is what people are doing with their Rivens.

I've managed to fill up my space with Rivens i'm never going to use, and with the exception of a vulkar riven I sold for 50p, I haven't been able to shift any on trade or Maroo's bazaar, even dropping the price to 10p each.

The problem is when I try to talk about it on the main thread, all it takes is one post that doesn't specifically say PS4 and it hops straight over to discussion of the PC economy, where apparently even lovely rivens can go for a hundred plat.

So what have been your experiences with Rivens and trading? Have you sold any? What do you generally do when your inventory is full?

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 17, 2018

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Does anyone have Archwing advice? Becuase hoo boy. These are both hard to control in transport missions or overwhelming when they ask you to defend relays.
Fluctus makes all the difference, even if it takes a bit of trading (or a lot of grinding) to get.

But before that, I found melee much more effective than the default gun. Sure, if the enemies are grouped up in the distance I’d pick off one or two, but otherwise I’d just zoom around and let the melee button do the targeting for me. And the trench run missions tend to be much easier if you stick to small adjustments. The Archwing does have inertia, so it’s easy to veer off target even if you thought you aimed the right way. Or slam into a wall next to the opening.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

So what have been your experiences with Rivens and trading? Have you sold any? What do you generally do when your inventory is full?

I just recycle the endo tbh. Can't be arsed to faff around trying to sell them for the reasons you say.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey guys, Qunata vs Flux Rifle, any recommendations?

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Thranguy posted:

I am one of the leaders of LLJK as well, I look at the forums like never (unless someone updates or replaces the SALR extension) because I am lazy. I do still login pretty much every day even if I'm not really playing. If you join the PS4 Warframe Goons community and ask for an invite somebody will get you into one of the clans. I also fund research when new poo poo comes out unless somebody beats me to the punch, do if you're new don't sweat that (except mutagen samples for hema). I will also pass out mods if you need them and I have them. Let me know.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

^^^ I levelled mine up on the Mars extermination mission with an affinity booster, but it was an absolute poo poo. Later in the game, you can buy Itzal and Grattler from the Dojo, but Grattler needs quite a few rare mats that are hard to grind for.

---

So one of the things I wanted to find out about the console experience is what people are doing with their Rivens.

I've managed to fill up my space with Rivens i'm never going to use, and with the exception of a vulkar riven I sold for 50p, I haven't been able to shift any on trade or Maroo's bazaar, even dropping the price to 10p each.

The problem is when I try to talk about it on the main thread, all it takes is one post that doesn't specifically say PS4 and it hops straight over to discussion of the PC economy, where apparently even lovely rivens can go for a hundred plat.

I can reliably sell unveiled Rivens in trade chat quickly for roughly these prices:

Rifle: 30p
Pistol: 20p
Melee: 20p
Shotgun: 100p

I just post WTS Veiled [Rifle Riven Mod] 30p and I get takers within 2 minutes. Once I unveil them, the price either goes up if you hit the jackpot, or generally down to 10-15p for the garbage guns. Generally, the high-end prices are much lower on console, which I suspect is because we can't buy plat with coupons so people are far more afraid to part with it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is there a full list of the stuff that’s about to get vaulted?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lumpy posted:

I just post WTS Veiled [Rifle Riven Mod] 30p and I get takers within 2 minutes. Once I unveil them, the price either goes up if you hit the jackpot, or generally down to 10-15p for the garbage guns.

Generally, the high-end prices are much lower on console, which I suspect is because we can't buy plat with coupons so people are far more afraid to part with it.
That makes sense. I've not been as low as 10 yet but I might try. Generally if I get a riven for a weapon, I try to build the weapon and see if I like it before selling it so my riven inventory has been full of annoying multi-stage build weapons like the Dual Raza and Dark Split Sword.

I did buy a Rubico riven for 100ish plat, but it was pretty insane for plains / eidolon stuff.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That makes sense. I've not been as low as 10 yet but I might try. Generally if I get a riven for a weapon, I try to build the weapon and see if I like it before selling it so my riven inventory has been full of annoying multi-stage build weapons like the Dual Raza and Dark Split Sword.

I did buy a Rubico riven for 100ish plat, but it was pretty insane for plains / eidolon stuff.

:monocle:

Somebody was selling an Arca Plasmor riven for 1.2k last night. It was almost worth it. +169% damage, +%120 Multishot. No negatives.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hey, I just started playing on PS4 recently, I'd love to clan up. Name is cman8189.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://www.warframe.com/news/the-remote-observer-vol-32

Apparently they are aiming to get the sacrifice to consoles 'before tennocon,' which as I understand is next week.

E: two weeks time

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 24, 2018

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
any wrong console havers here

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

If you're on PS4, and you think you might be less retarded than one of DE's bots, and you are up for helping me get past the 'win by <10 points' round of The Glast Gambit, please hmu. I'm utterly sick to death of stupid loving space quidditch.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Pipski posted:

If you're on PS4, and you think you might be less retarded than one of DE's bots, and you are up for helping me get past the 'win by <10 points' round of The Glast Gambit, please hmu. I'm utterly sick to death of stupid loving space quidditch.

What timezone are you? I can help you out with this this evening / tonight, but I am EST.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Lumpy posted:

What timezone are you? I can help you out with this this evening / tonight, but I am EST.

Europe, unfortunately. Sucks for matchmaking.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Pipski posted:

Europe, unfortunately. Sucks for matchmaking.

Well crap. If you still need help by the weekend, I'm sure we can mange it then. My psn is veddermatic

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Well crap. If you still need help by the weekend, I'm sure we can mange it then. My psn is veddermatic

Cool, I'll add you later and keep an eye out for you. Ta!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

SquirrelGrip posted:

I’d be down to try it.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

SquirrelGrip posted:

I'm on Eggs Box and I don't think there is an organised clan per se. I can boot inactives from my babby clan if people want access to clan tech, got everything bar Hema and some of the paint researched. Gamertag is the same as here

Also happy to taxi people around for resource / xp farming or help out with missions, I am EU timezone and generally on in the evening (morning/afternoon in NA timezones).

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Are there any prerequisites for the umbra quest besides war within? I've been inactive a while and want to come back for that, just want to make sure I'm ready to just start it. Also, have there been any new frames since the plains of eidolon one? I left around the time that one had its glass wall nerfed.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just War Within, and the apostasy prologue. You need to build the personal quarters, and use the big glowing orb in there. I'd wait until the Sacrifice lands though, since the static effect on the lotus (minor spoiler) can get a bit annoying, and you're stuck with it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

PS4 BARO: Kupier Relay, Eris

Sands of Inaros BP (100d, c25k)

Display - Argyle (100d, c75k)
Display codex images on your ship

Ki'teer Atmos Diadem (525d, c375k)
:siren: space princess tiara :siren:

Nexus Gene Masking Kit (200d, c300k)
Kavat pattern

Xiphos Prisma Skin (220d, c400k)
Ship skin

Prisma Yamako Syandana (400d, c250k)

Hydroid Immortal Skin (500d, c100k)

Prisma Mech Head sentinel mask (175d, c200k)
Prisma Koi sentinel tail (200d, c200k)
Prisma Jet sentinel wings (300d, c200k)

Prisma Shade (500d, c300k)
Yes it's the sentinel, not just a skin

Vulkar Wraith (400d, c300k)
Prisma Tetra (400d, c50k)

Primed Reach* (300d, c220k)
Primed Cryo Rounds (350d, 110k)
Primed Pressure Point (385d, c300k)
Primed pistol ammo mutation (400d, c140k)

Opticor Elexis skin (325d, 250k)

* Melee reach, not ability range. With the nerf to spin2win, probably not a good buy

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 29, 2018

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

PS4 BARO: Kupier Relay, Eris

Wow, the first non-bleh Baro in a while.... right before the TennoCon "everything is on sale" event for us suckers who bought that. I'm up past 3,500 Ducats and I was hoping to get to 10k, but there's only so many farming hours in a day. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I got the cat paint & primed pressure point, and am tempted by the prisma tetra and hydroid skin. And I got primed reach, because I am an idiot who assumed it was ability range, not melee range which is now far less useful.