Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Silly question, but I was just thinking about Goldeneye and was wondering if there are any guns in Warframe that behave like, or at least fire as fast as, the RC-P90? I love that gun so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Quick PSA: if you get a Twitch Prime free trial, you can grab Ember (and a free warframe slot) & a starter pack for free, as long as you do it before the end of December.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
sent some forma bundles to some PS4 friends, acquaintances and random clan mates since the secret Santa didnt take off.

happy holidays everyone!!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just got it, thanks a lot.

biscuitsforcheese
Jan 9, 2013
Thank you TheAgent for the gift - was very confused until I read your post! (my SA name not same as PSN)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Thanks TheAgent!

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I desperately need a Vome word if anyone on switch wants to sell/trade one to me. 14 relic 2s and I didn't get a single mod. It's been almost a week now and I can't get rid of this lich

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Silly question, but I was just thinking about Goldeneye and was wondering if there are any guns in Warframe that behave like, or at least fire as fast as, the RC-P90? I love that gun so much.

if you want a bullet hose, the Soma's a primary that shoots a lot of bullets and is a solid crit weapon, but if you're still in the first half of the star chart, Cestra and Dual Cestra (and later on, if you go with Perrin Sequence the Secura Dual Cestra) is a secondary slot bullet firehose.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Not a silly question! From what I remember of the RC-P90, maybe a Braton variant with some fire rate mods on it, or the Baza with expanded magazine size mods? Oh, wait, or the Supra / Vandal actually -- that has something of the RCP feel iirc.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I got a little drunk, noticed I had a 50% off coupon, and got something awesome. Forgot I needed to buy an Infiltrate mod for Ivara Prime when she comes out of the oven. Oops. Oh well, no regrets, that skin owns, it makes Vauban look like some sort of steam-powered vacuum-tube robot.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks for the RC-P90 info!

I would just like to go on record to state that I hate the Burston.

Hate it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I got that way with the Boltor just because I had to use it for so long.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

With gyro, my aim is pretty good, but I just hate the limited bursts. Give me a flow of bullets!

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
Started playing this a few days ago on the Switch, getting a liking for it. Gaming time is too sporadic, but the OP suggests this shouldn't be a problem in goon guilds? If so, could I get an invite to Solar Whales? Name is LaphroaigTalisker.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
Sent.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
Thanks!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Empyrean is.... very fun?!

I was surprised by this. I was expecting another half-assed mode like archwings, but empyrean feel fun with all the busywork of killing enemy fighters, repairing, dealing with invasions, invading yourself a enemy capital ship...

I know people that play the game continuisly are not happy at all, but for me some casual, is a cool addition to the game.

----

Tried venus again and ... argh, theres nothing interesting in venus. Is somehow worse than the plains, withouth adding anything.

----

How can I start a Kuva Lych? I think I have to finish a enemy with the new hand hidden blade thing, what is the key on the PS4?, I want to try this part of the gameplay too.

Can anyone invite me to a Guild? I need a guild to craft the spaceship thing.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tei posted:

Empyrean is.... very fun?!

I was surprised by this. I was expecting another half-assed mode like archwings, but empyrean feel fun with all the busywork of killing enemy fighters, repairing, dealing with invasions, invading yourself a enemy capital ship...

I know people that play the game continuisly are not happy at all, but for me some casual, is a cool addition to the game.

----

Tried venus again and ... argh, theres nothing interesting in venus. Is somehow worse than the plains, withouth adding anything.

----

How can I start a Kuva Lych? I think I have to finish a enemy with the new hand hidden blade thing, what is the key on the PS4?, I want to try this part of the gameplay too.

What platform are you on? That'll depend which guild needs to invite you.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

What platform are you on? That'll depend which guild needs to invite you.

ps4, psn teikman

---

Got the invite, Thanks!.

What a cool dojo :D

Tei fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 4, 2020

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Empyrean is generally good on Earth, but extremely poorly balanced at the backend. So if you’re very casual it’s a good experience and if you play it to completion it’s awful. They made a bunch of bad decisions - enemies are overtuned, the new damage types suck, all archwing weapons are projectile now, and only the Amesha is viable - as well as the railjack itself having weird balance. Your ship has poor health and damage with the very best upgrades in the later zones, and it’s literally more economical in the final area to hide your ship and fight in archwing than to try and use the railjack due to its poor health values.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Tei posted:

first I would crack open the requiem relics and get some of the words. you can earn requiem relics by doing the kuva flood missions under the little ! mission tab. I recommend doing this first because once you've spawned a lich it will keep stealing rewards until you've killed it, and the last thing you really want to be doing is trying to get the proper word while the lich keeps stealing rewards

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Empyrean is generally good on Earth, but extremely poorly balanced at the backend. So if you’re very casual it’s a good experience and if you play it to completion it’s awful. They made a bunch of bad decisions - enemies are overtuned, the new damage types suck, all archwing weapons are projectile now, and only the Amesha is viable - as well as the railjack itself having weird balance. Your ship has poor health and damage with the very best upgrades in the later zones, and it’s literally more economical in the final area to hide your ship and fight in archwing than to try and use the railjack due to its poor health values.

This is the word right now but I don't agree with it at all. Your railjack has fine health and damage when you finally kit it out, veil missions are not a problem for my set up and i don't even have good battle avionic, just cryophon and carcinnox guns and some maxed intrinsic mods. Amesha being the only viable aw, the enemies being a bit overtuned (in particular their healing field thing is a little nuts and a little broken right now), and it being easier to get to a point where your Amesha can handle all the content taking a lot less time and effort (and luck) than kitting out a railjack, those things are all true imo. But the ship itself can get geared up enough that taking out fighters and crewships is not a slog.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Guilty posted:

first I would crack open the requiem relics and get some of the words. you can earn requiem relics by doing the kuva flood missions under the little ! mission tab. I recommend doing this first because once you've spawned a lich it will keep stealing rewards until you've killed it, and the last thing you really want to be doing is trying to get the proper word while the lich keeps stealing rewards

Thanks!, the help is very appreciated. I am somewhat confused because I watched youtube videos to try to informe me about this, they did not talked about .... words or stealing reward!?!!.

I will do what you say.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Lightning Knight posted:

Once you get your ship built with MK3 stuff it shreds pretty hard in the veil. The big issue is getting them that high, you're either looking at a really boring grind that involves rubbing your face on rocks or paying for repair drones.

But a MK3 Cryo gun, with MK3 missiles, and Void Hole just wrecks at high levels, more so then any Archgun can.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I've been grinding Intrinsics on other folks' Railjacks because mine's just a baby; I'm hesitant to host a mission without getting better loot and intrinsic values because the times I roll with a newbie 'Jack it hurts, and I don't want that to happen with me.

Is this viable, or am I screwing myself out of something by not captaining my own ship? Also, Cephalon Cy is even more annoying than Ordis.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I think as long as you have access to your railjack menu then you pretty much can't screw yourself by tagging along on other people's jacks.

The thing I feel I miss out on most by not piloting my own jack is the fear that pilots simply won't go pick up whatever loot dropped, in which case no one is getting whatever that drop was.

If you wanted to you could just tag along with others until you pick up some MKIII gear, like a reactor and a gun or two.

People still like to have one person out in AW for Amesha slows either way, so you're still probably going to have pilot, gunner/boarder, mechanic/boarder crew members.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
From what I surmise, the reactor is the most important equipment to upgrade, right?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Guns seem to be the most important, but reactor is a close second. The MKIII in the clan research station will last you in the veil (It's the one I have), but your ship really shines with a MKIII with at least 70 intrinsic value.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
I need to get better at fast aiming (switch). Tried a Cetus bounty and got constantly harassed by multiple Dargyns (?) that I couldn't hit with my Burston as they flew overhead over and over like annoying mosquitoes. Still only MR2, so it's also likely I don't know what I'm doing.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Turn on Gyro aiming.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tei posted:

Thanks!, the help is very appreciated. I am somewhat confused because I watched youtube videos to try to informe me about this, they did not talked about .... words or stealing reward!?!!.

I will do what you say.

I don't think you can get in Kuva missions until you finish The Second Dream or War Within (I think it's War Within, but that follows on from Second Dream). Your first goal should be clearing the star chart to finish those quests, that's when things really open up.

Also you should probably avoid looking for youtube stuff on that, since they'll likely spoil those two quests. And you should really avoid that.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Anora posted:

Turn on Gyro aiming.
I did :negative: However, I still rely on things to stop moving at least a little bit. I did get some eventually, but it was not fun.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't think you can get in Kuva missions until you finish The Second Dream or War Within (I think it's War Within, but that follows on from Second Dream). Your first goal should be clearing the star chart to finish those quests, that's when things really open up.

Also you should probably avoid looking for youtube stuff on that, since they'll likely spoil those two quests. And you should really avoid that.

Oh, I finished these a long time ago. I play Warframe on-and-off based on what else theres to play. Did not played anything related to the cool "radio" thing, kuva lichs, fortuna... fortuna seems boring.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

rgocs posted:

I did :negative: However, I still rely on things to stop moving at least a little bit. I did get some eventually, but it was not fun.

Oh, I hate those loving things.

Oh, also... Protip: if you're looking for an item or something in either open world areas (I can't remember their names right now), and you get that yellow area circle on your map, the thing you're looking for is almost always right in the middle of the circle.

Took me WAY too long to learn that :negative:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My favorite frames and why:

Saryn: she is like the godness typhoid mary lovelly angel of death. Super good for normal content with high density of enemies, and general just going around to parties

Gara: yes, I like gara!, she is tough and I like the style of her defenses.

Loki: being permanently invisible make the game feels like a different experience, almost calming

I know they are not the best, even at their specialities, but I am simple and these are simple frames.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tei posted:

Saryn: she is like the godness typhoid mary lovelly angel of death. Super good for normal content with high density of enemies, and general just going around to parties

Gara: yes, I like gara!, she is tough and I like the style of her defenses.

Loki: being permanently invisible make the game feels like a different experience, almost calming

I know they are not the best, even at their specialities, but I am simple and these are simple frames.

Gara and Saryn are two of the best frames in the game, with Saryn being the go-to damage frame. But you're right in that what we play doesn't matter.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

rgocs posted:

I need to get better at fast aiming (switch). Tried a Cetus bounty and got constantly harassed by multiple Dargyns (?) that I couldn't hit with my Burston as they flew overhead over and over like annoying mosquitoes. Still only MR2, so it's also likely I don't know what I'm doing.

You're better off not doing the plains until you're much higher MR, like 6-7. Focus on opening up planets and doing quests right now.

Grind frames from bosses as you run into them - anything that drops a frame part can be ground until you have all three then buy the main blueprint from the market. Frames take 3.5 days to build and are going to be your biggest bottleneck to raising MR early on.

At MR 4 you can build the Hek shotgun, the first really damaging ranged weapon to going to get. (Yes, it's got low spread at intermediate ranges even though it's a shotgun.)

Build the Atomos at MR 5. Very strong secondary.

E: The Burston isn't very good. Some pre-Hek primaries that are better are: Braton (MR 0), Strun (1), Boltor (2), Vectis (2). The Lex is a decent pistol at MR 3, but the Hek and Atomos are going to be big jumps at MR 4&5. ASk in the discord for base mods you need, someone may be able to help you out.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 6, 2020

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Get the Arca Plasmor as soon as possible, that gun is amazing.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Tei posted:

Are there any you're missing? Ask in clan/alliance if you need help farming one out. Also some frames absolutely kill in one mode, but are weak in others.

Like Revenant isn't great normally, but clowns on Liches. And after running with him on Lich missions I found he does pretty good on Mobile Defenses, as you cast Mesmer Armor and then Enthrall a couple of guys and you can basically go AFK for the next minute.

My current faves:
Damage: Saryn, Mesa, Equinox (night form), Mirage, Vauban
Defense: Frost, Octavia, Nova, Khora, Vauban
Self defense/survival: Revenant, Nezha, Wukong, Valkyr
Team support: Nekros, Harrow, Nova

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I hope DE never nerfs Revenant against liches, it's the one thing he does that has made me forget the stone-cold contempt I had for him back in the day.