Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Likewise, I've been running through the initial quest line hitting things with that starter staff. Great fun, though. Lots of videos to watch to get a grip on things which is fine with me, coming from Monster Hunter. There's a lot of helpful stuff out there for this game, nice vibe to the community.

Clan invite would be good: v1ld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Markorjoshua posted:

Add me on switch : BungHoleWarrior :3:

Added, the Discord's in the OP.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 7, 2018

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Not for the Switch, sadly. What's the discount elsewhere?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Flytrap posted:

It's up to 40% off. If you're not in America you'll have to wait a couple days. There's a new post about it next to the star map.

Yeah, the post isn't on Switch yet but I do see it if I log into PC.

quote:

$24.99 for 1000P (30% off)

That's probably $34.99 for 1000p after 30% off.

Thanks for the list.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Rama of Ra posted:

Can I get an invite to the Steam clan? Thanks in advance.

Check out the OP of the main thread for how to join the pc goon clans. This is the console thread.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Rama of Ra posted:

My phone auto-corrected to steam, but I meant Switch! Can I get a Solar Whales invite, please? Much appreciated. GN Churu_Payapa.

Says you're already in a clan. Tried to send you the invite.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I removed the link because a ton of people said it wasn't working?

The Switch discord works and is very active.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Or when the host leaves, three of you stay, and you lose everything anyway when the connection to the host drops.

Is this a thing that's been tested and confirmed on PC where I understand you can see who's the host? Behavior I've seen so far seems to indicate that only your own client tracks your rewards and not the host.

When you're not host and you're kicked out the main menu for whatever reason, when you reconnect to that same squad/mission you lose everything you accumulated to the point you got kicked out even though the host hasn't changed and is still in the game. They could restore all your rewards if the host was tracking it when you reconnected.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

When I saw that Fortuna had an alert level to control how enemies spawn, first thought was hunting Juggies where you want to piss it off but it pisses off instead because you can't find enough infested to kill in time.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

letthemreadprose posted:

Would it also be possible for me to get a Switch clan invite? My IGN is 'stopandstart', thanks!

(I, too, am someone who plays mostly single player and just wants blueprints if that's all right.)

Invite sent. Jump into the discord, folks have mods and stuff to share if you need them.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

It'd be kinda dumb if they didn't allow seamless play across console gens like PS4/PS5 at the least. Like even if you go back and forth between a Switch and a SwUtch or whatever lovely name the rumored upgrade has since all the account data is still on DE's servers, right?

I assumed some of the resistance to stuff like general crossplay or transfer from console to PC is coming from the contracts they signed. DESteve said something to the effect of how the newer games doing crossplay now like Fortnite were able to ink better deals than DE were able to at console launch time.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

mentalcontempt posted:

Is there a discord for PS4 players? I’m on the PC/Switch discord but there don’t seem to be many PS4 players there. Almost wishing I’d started up on the Switch instead but I have no desire to repeat the grind.

Check the OP, there's a PS4 community you need to join.

Edit: to join the PS4 clan that is. How they communicate I don't know.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 6, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Diabetic posted:

Just got to Venus on my first play thru. Really enjoying it and this honestly feels like what Destiny was trying to do but way better. I really hope I'm doing it right, I'm just following the story objectives but I really want a new frame.

Following the story is fine as is opening up new planets via the junctions.

You can farm Rhino from the boss on Venus. It's a great game you can use in so kinds of sticky situations, even in late endgame, so get one while you're there.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Feenix posted:

If I am looking for those scannable things on mars so I can complete Phobos Junction (I have 2/3) are there better maps and worse maps to look for them? Some of these maps I get lost on and don't know where I have and haven't been, etc.
If I re-play a map will it respawn a new one to scan or have I used that map's one up?
Do they guaranteed spawn on EVERY map?

You can re-use nodes for the scanning until you hit the planet's limit which is between 3 and 7 - Mars has 5 according to the wiki. Yes, they show up on every mission except Defense and Interception. Well also not for Archwing.

If you put on a Loot Radar mod or put one on your companion, they'll show up on the map as blue blobs that are quite easy to see.

Using - to show the full map makes it easier to see what you've explored and haven't. I hit every door that's not marked objective or extract and finish off all the doors and areas behind that before coming back and going through the next door not marked green or red. Repeat and you'll cover the full map.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Can/does anyone want to trade with me? I really want Despoil, but I only have max rep with Steel and almost Red. I can trade any mods you want from Steel :unsmith:

The Switch discussion is happening mostly on the discord in the OP, it's quite active. You'll have more luck asking there I think.

I don't have any of the syndicates, sorry. I love my Despoil/Shield of Shadows Nekros though, it just moved into my most used frame spot.

Edit: I bought mine from trade chat where if you make an offer for 15p you'll get sellers even though most people want 20p for syndicate augs.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Shield of Shadows also scales off strength so adding Continuity to bring duration back closer to neutral while pumping strength for Shield and range for Despoil works pretty well.

Despoil's biggest problem is if you lose Vacuum for whatever reason, I find I die very quickly if I leave it on without Vacuum active.

I have default efficiency and energy pool which usually gives enough of the 150 energy pool to refresh Shield before it drops if I have a good set of enemies I want to keep around for a while.

E: Shield of Shadows isn't based on time but rather health. Duration decreases the rate at which health drops which is good, but strength increases the health pool which is better since it also increases their damage as well.

Mesadoram posted:

Sadly I don't have any plat otherwise I would totally take you up on that. Thank you though.

I wasn't trying to sell you one, to be clear. I don't have any to give.

Mesadoram posted:

I kinda just want it because it looks like a stupid fun build. Thank you for the heads up.

It is a stupid fun build. Run it with Health Conversion since that goes really well with Despoil. Here's what I'm running and it's great fun though I'm sure you can find way more specialized and optimized builds if you google:
Health Conversion - Shield of Shadows - Vitality - Stretch
Transient Fortitude - Despoil - Continuity - Intensify

That gives 72% damage reduction with Shield and something around/over a 3x health and damage multiplier for the summons. So they last a while and do decent damage too. The range from one Stretch is enough for Desecrate in my experience since by the time you've Vacuumed all that, you've taken long enough and moved around too so you've already desecrated everything else in range.

I've only stuck in one Forma, but I plan to put in an Exilus and maybe a couple more Forma.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 17, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

We ran out of air at about 40 mins or so because we stopped killing things fast enough even with 4x CorPro stripping all armor. I was the Nekros and the Desecrate/Despoil ticks show kill rate pretty well. We weren't doing the Kuva extraction beyond a couple and those may have gotten us more spawns - my bad in retrospect.

Gonna switch to a Viral/Electric build with Hunter Munitions for Slash on Amprex today and see how the Eximii like that.

They let you extract with all your takings even after running out of air, by the way, which is neat. It would have hurt to lose that Ash Systems BP drop which I've been hunting for literal weeks.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 4, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

So I was thinking of taking out the Nova with the new aug if someone else would run Nekros, but I didn't know if exploding enemies left corpses for Nekros to desecrate. Do they? Because I would love to slowva those assholes.

E: That Primed Continuity can't come soon enough. I'm up to 13 orbs and 65% DR but would love to be at the 90% cap on Nova. The new Molecular Fission aug is fantastic.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 4, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I've seen a bunch of build videos that use Hunters Munitions. Problem is that it's tied to an event that I have no clue when will start :smith:. Wish they had like an event calendar like WoW.

PC players brought it over and they're often available on switch.warframe.market which is where I snagged one.

I'm going to put it on an 80% crit Amprex for the next time we do that Kuva survival, along with viral.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

Also Hunter Munitions isn’t actually very good against enemies lower than level 60-80, and only very good against armored enemies. Lower level enemies or enemies without armor will just die before you can kill them with HM. If you have it, Bladed Rounds is better for lower level enemies.

Don’t use Hammer Shot, it sucks. Use corrosive + bladed rounds for lower level armored enemies and viral + HM for higher level. Toxin is good against shielded enemies because it ignores the shields, if you can work it in you can use magnetic/toxin for stuff like augmented shields sorties.

Yeah, this is for that 60 min Kuva Survival where they're up to level 130 by the end. With 4x CorPro they're just (very big) HP bags and Viral/Slash should be a good combo. Even Amprex's innate electricity will be good AOE CC/damage when it procs.

I haven't used the Magnetic/Toxin combo, but it would've been useful for sure in an augmented shield sortie the other day. I'm really only just starting to play the content where this stuff matters, there wasn't much used in proccing status when everything was dying in one or two shots.

The game could use better loadout selection from the starmap screen. It'd have been nice to be able to pick Warframe config and weapon config dynamically from there instead of dedicating a loadout slot to each possible way in which you may use Amprex for eg.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Baro will have High Voltage & Jolt on the consoles in about a month(?) so it may be best to wait those out. I haven't had a need to have both 60/60 and 90 toxin mods on at the same time so it's not much of a loss to wait it out.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Incubator, switch around the tabs there.

You have to make an thing in the foundry to take imprints from your pets. One for each imprint.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Her passive gives faster reload for single pistols and faster fire rate for dual pistols. I like using the Aksomati with her for the increased fire rate. Bring Carrier though since you'll be chewing through ammo with that passive and Lethal Torrent.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

KDdidit posted:

Mesa is crazy good because of Peacemaker, which uses her Exalted weapons with your secondary weapon as a stat stick I think. So whatever secondary you’ve got the most Forma/best mods would be good.

The Regulators have their own stats and don't use your secondaries as far as I know - but if that's wrong, it'd be useful to know. I've pumped 3 forma into them so they're pretty powerful in their own right anyway.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

This game changes all the time and the wiki is a heroic effort I feel given how little is communicated by DE sometimes, so yeah I was genuinely asking about whether it was correct.

I see the stat stick reference quite a bit, which other exalteds use their corresponding slot's stats for themselves?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I can barely remember any potato invasions on Switch in the 3 months until right before Nightwave launched, but now it seems other platforms are seeing them more often. I wonder if they've added more to the invasion types to compensate for the lack of potato alerts.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Jolo posted:

Question about the Auras on offer this week as part of the Nightwave: Are any of these worth spending my 50 wolf creds on? At this point I only have one Aura and it's a 15% health buff that adds a few slots. I remember hearing or reading somewhere that the good mods are one that reduces enemy armor and another that regens energy. Is the Loot Detector Aura worth dropping 20 creds for helping find Void Containers?

Don't know which ones are up, but the most useful bar none is Corrosive Projection - it makes a big difference against the Grineer, the toughest enemies in the game.

Other useful auras can be Energy Siphon (especially early on when you don't have ways of generating energy on demand), some of the weapon Amp auras since they will match other polarities and Steel Charge which gives a bigger boost to mod points and a nice boost to melee if that's useful.

But unless you really need them right now, get a couple that match the polarities of your frame's aura slots and use them as free points to stick in more mods. Definitely get Corrosive Projection and make it your default aura unless there's a reason to slot the other ones - and there will be early on in the game, not so much later on.

Edit: should mention that Corrosive Projection (CorPro) can strip all the armor if all 4 players slot it. This can be very important against very high level enemies (100+) which you will never encounter in the starmap unless you're sticking around for 45+ mins in missions. But when you do need it in those kinds of missions, it's important that you have it on. I've been playing close to 300 hours and have run one mission where it was absolutely needed so far and that was for a weekly challenge.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 21, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I asked about stat sticks where a weapon's numbers are used by a frame's abilities and it seems that while they no longer apply to exalted weapons, they do apply to the 1 for each of Atlas, Excalibur, Gara, Khora, and Wukong.

The weapon's innate stats don't matter at all, but Mire and Venka Prime's specials are taken into account. The mods are what matter, but check the wiki for which mods work and which don't. Simple version is that damage, physical, elemental, augments, and rivens affect the ability but mods like Condition Overload don't come into play.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

God I hope that's the solution they settle on for the riven problem. Trading is bullshit on PS4 because of the lack of keyboard.

They said in a previous devstream they weren't going to do an auction house, but I guess things might have changed with the stuff on the PC market.

They seem to think that both special channels increase player interaction and are therefore a good thing for the game: trading and recruiting. I think both suck without a keyboard with that virtual cursor navigation making it worse. Switch is particularly bad since the keyboard takes up the whole screen and it's common to be slow typing a message to your squad post mission and find that they disbanded and you've sent your message to clan/relay/dojo/anywhere else instead.

I'd love to see DE do two things to make better trading possible: first, allow sites like Market to integrate with the game by allowing messages into the game and fetching in-game presence from the game. The biggest problem with Market right now is actually contacting the seller/buyer if they're not online, so allow Market to bridge that gap if the player allows that access. Second, allow for offline messaging in the game using that email inbox we all have, so a "WTB Blaze" message from the Market can be read the next time they're online.

It'll never happen, but that would make Market so much easier to use.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

clusterfuck posted:

I'm getting my head around trading for plat. Is it better to sell on warframe market or in game or both? Am I right in thinking the thing to do is invite the buyer to the dojo and do the trade there?

Market is better for selling I've found, list your stuff there and wait for messages. Folks will contact you directly in game for those listings as well, so marking yourself in market as in-game when you log in and online/invisible when you log out can make a biggish difference.

When setting prices, I've found it better to look at what people marked as in game or online are offering and not what the folks who haven't come back to the market in weeks set as their low low price which you can never get in reality.

Guilty posted:

is there a goon switch clan and if so how do i join that? Also, complete scrub question, but any tips for the jupiter junction boss? I'm getting 1 shotted even with a lvl 18 rhino, MR5 if that helps

Yes, what's your in game name? One of us can invite you. There is an active discord, you can ask there as well: https://discord.gg/vu2rTF

Excalibur's Radial Blind stuns junction specters and leaves them open to melee finishers, cheesing them.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

kecske posted:

The Saya's Vigil mission on the eidolon plains seems to be bugged for me. After I dodge past the level 50 robot and grab the glass shard from the cave, the game sends me to the evac point on a hill marked in green - but nothing happens when I get there. I've searched round for something to trigger and aborted/reset twice but nothing seems to work.

also is there a preferred way to farm up some credits in the early game? I can build a sentinel thing at my forge but I made the mistake of buying all the guns for credits and left myself in crippling poverty.

The game is supposed to have the ship come and pick you up when you get there, as I recall. If it keeps doing that for you, may be worth dropping support a note - they have very good support and it's worth a try.

Are you up to Ceres yet? The Gabii node there will get you about 25K for a 5 minute survival. It was my go to for a large part of the very early game. Once you unlock Neptune, you'll have access to the Index which showers you with credits.

Which platform are you on? Join the goon clan, there are a lot of benefits to being in one.

Mesadoram posted:

Stupid question, how do you invite people to trade on the Switch?

You invite them to join your squad and from there you can either go to our dojo and hit the trade console or go to Maroo's Bazaar and do a more awkward trade. I believe you pay more trade tax at Maroo's, but am not sure - the dojo is the way to go.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

It's great to see a Limbo or a Frost deny access to a target if you're in a mission where the enemies are actually challenging for the players in it. But it's also quite annoying to see a Frost plonk down a medium sized bubble over a target and go off to do something because once the enemies get inside it, you have to do more work to kill them.

It's Frosts I commonly find more annoying than Limbos to be honest. No need to put down bubbles on every target when they could be kill/freeze frames instead.

It's not the frames, it's the situation and the player.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Thumpers are probably better farmed with invisibility of some form so they're not moving so much. I may try it with Loki + Itzal later today. Nova would be good too. Prioritizing those alert birds they start to emit at the halfway health mark makes it a lot quieter.

They drop quite a lot of useful loot, animal parts and gems, but they're sadly not quite the standing pinatas that Exploiter Orb is for both OV standings. The latter drops a Lazulite Toroid worth 12,000 VS standing and a couple dozen gems worth 1000 SU standing each. Thumpers drop about 8 nysts a run and that's with a booster, worth 400 standing each. Thumpers are way faster to run than Exploiter, so it's not a fair comparison anyways.

Still a good and useful fight if you don't for eg want to go fishing for murkray livers and stuff like that.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Blast of Confetti posted:

My PC fried so I'm going to give this a go on the PS4 or Switch. What frames and weapons should I go for if I'm hot garbage at aiming with a controller?

e: actually this is probably a question that belongs in the main thread

Motion control makes aiming much easier on both those consoles. Semi auto can be tough still but there are so many good beam, AOE, full auto guns in this game that I didn't find controller aiming to be the chore it usually is for me.

Depends on the gun too for semis. Snipers like Rubico Prime feel great, but RIP Tiberon Prime since it needs too many shots to get the job done.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Optikalusion posted:

We don’t have the Ignis Wraith BP on switch right? Need to wait for baro to stock it?

Yup. He had it a couple months ago last.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Mr. Met posted:

Unrelated: is there a better way to farm Barrel Diffusion than doing invasions and hoping the Grustrag Three spawn?

You make the G3 mark you for assassination by doing invasions against the Grineer. They can show up in any Grineer mission once you have the mark, not just invasions. Check the wiki for when they show up in the mission.

Others in the clan may already have dups as it's not a rare drop, so check first.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Aniodia posted:

Figure I'd ask if I could be tossed an invite to the Switch clan, in-game name's the same. Thanks

Better to ask in the discord for Switch, linked in the OP.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Tempo Royale is a very good stance for heavy blades. That and the twin gremlins are what I would target myself.

E: Though Aksomati are craftable and scratch the same itch as the prisma twin gremlins.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 3, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

mentalcontempt posted:

Yeah, I’m fortunate enough to have Tempo Royale already. And Aksomati too, for that matter. Was wondering if Fanged Fusillade might be useful for a slash-proc weapon for Nekros.

Good video on slash and desecrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV1kMPcDcW0

So slash procs aren't needed, you just have to kill the enemy with a hit that has slash as the largest damage type and not proc any elementals while doing so.

Fanged Fusillade is more useful for increasing the likelihood of slash over other procs where you usually have slash as the highest damage type already. But you could use it to convert a non-slash priority weapon to one that is I guess. And as you know FF also doesn't increase the size of the bleed ticks themselves, unlike what elemental mods do for their procs.

I like having a copy of every mod but the +IPS% mods aren't strong in a world where Hunter Munitions exists and hybrid crit/hunmun builds tend to have the most slash/bleed tick synergy since bleed ticks do scale with crit damage.

E: Leyzar's videos for HunMun weapon builds can show how much synergy there is between hunmun and +crit chance/damage over a hunmun + viral damage build. Dropping viral and its effective 2x damage for Argon Scope + Bladed Rounds to bump crits gives much higher bleed ticks and much faster kills. Battacor is a good example for this, IIRC.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Message support and describe what happened, stop using it in the meanwhile. It's surprising how far they'll go to right this kind of stuff.

They've refunded wolf credit purchases, unmade an entire frame and associated weapons because I bought the Prime Access - they seem very reasonable.