Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qhat posted:

Six inch phones are garbage. Only dumbasses carry six inches of bad phone in their pocket.

you don't know what six inches is lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah but he thinks he does

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

yep. Best is WebOS, obviously. Third is i guess ios probably? who cares.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

you don't know what six inches is lol

:thurman:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Android really sucks, but ios is only marginally better, and then you're forced into using Apple's universe of nonsense, so it's honestly a wash on that front. android has better hardware kinda. it's a Sophie's choice.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

get a dumbphone

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

r u ready to WALK posted:

get a dumbphone

we've already been recommending android LOL!!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

indigi posted:

Android really sucks, but ios is only marginally better, and then you're forced into using Apple's universe of nonsense, so it's honestly a wash on that front. android has better hardware kinda. it's a Sophie's choice.

lol

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
op, maybe u should get a windows phone

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

get a rotary phone cause your opinions are circling the drain and the boomers will all be dead soon :d2a: hail satan

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Ubuntu Touch.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
kin

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
if there ever was a thread for a checkbox poll, this is it

brew jitterbug?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

real player and ogg support!? dear god man, using this phone would kill him

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Agile Vector posted:

real player and ogg support!? dear god man, using this phone would kill him

http://www.real.com/realplayer

full credit to the scrappy couple of people that somehow keep the monthly pennies incoming

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yospos

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the OP reads like a conversation i’d have about video game consoles at age 10 where they’d say n64 had “better 3d” and i’d say dreamcast had “louder bass” and neither of us knew what we were talking about but would maybe get the odd thing right on some level

android has better screens? they’re notorious amongst developers for having totally unreliable colours and brightness such that you have to change colours on a per-device basis to make sure it’s your brands trademark colour. the iphone has “near textbook perfect” colour calibration and is the best smartphone display period according to DisplayMate http://www.displaymate.com/iPhoneX_ShootOut_1a.htm#Best_Smartphone

the average USSR citizen subscribed to 4 periodicals, had a personal library and museum attendance was higher than the total population, and yet here in capitalism we do not even know which product has the best screen, how the gently caress is the free market supposed to work then huh you loving idiot

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

N-GAPE, the Goatsephone

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
the newest bunch of android phones are slower than my 4 year old sTebephone 6 op

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

indigi posted:

*visible stuttering on the home screen, youtube takes 30 seconds to launch* better hardware op

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
uhh you missed the most important thing

the quality of microsoft apps

pretty sure that ios because android comes in a million screen configs and microsoft doesn't know how to scale ui

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Themage posted:

*visible stuttering on the home screen, youtube takes 30 seconds to launch* better hardware op

I said "kinda" because it's offset by the abominable os

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

indigi posted:

I said "kinda" because it's offset by the abominable os

even without the os you have the terrible cpu/gpu combos that can barely run a 1080p screen at more than 20fps

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

shagger here is some gray forum praise for the best phone, the oneplus 6. if you can't trust this guy who can you trust?

Tykero posted:

People in this thread seem to have long memories for OnePlus' fuckups and short memories for everyone else's.

The OnePlus 6 is getting great reviews because it's a great phone. It's not the best phone for everyone (how could it be?), but for a specific set of people it's basically perfect.
If you live in the United States and want a top-of-the-line chipset, a headphone jack, no bloatware, and plenty of support for rooting/custom ROMs/etc. (however unnecessary that may be these days) the OnePlus 6 is basically your best and only option.

The Pixel 2 XL is also a great phone, and would be preferable if you want a better camera, don't care about the lack of a 3.5mm jack, and are buying a new one to avoid the bevy of issues the first line of production has.

Tykero posted:

They definitely exist in a similar class of appeal. OP6 overall device performance tracks better than the Pixel 2 in the tests I've seen. Google's quality control and support are good, but we are still taking about the Pixel 2, which had notorious quality control issues following its launch.
You can certainly get the Pixel 2 for a great price these days if you find a sale and don't mind financing it through a carrier, but it's still 10~50% more expensive depending on which versions of each device you're comparing. Custom software support is great for both Pixel and OnePlus devices. I don't see a big list of negatives for the OP6.

It really comes down to what's important to you in a phone. I just wanted to offer a dissenting opinion from the OnePlus bashing in this thread, because apparently every stupid mistake they made gets to live forever next to companies with exploding phones, reliable bootloop failure, broken color display etc. unmentioned. OnePlus' stupid marketing/branding (such as "Never Settle" on what is clearly a 'budget' option for people who want a flagship phone) fuels the criticism I'm sure.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

really the guy who can't handle the g-force of a round-a-bout and thinks creating more CO2's only effect is just "making more food for plants" should use an android.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

really the guy who can't handle the g-force of a round-a-bout and thinks creating more CO2's only effect is just "making more food for plants" should use an android.

when u get dunked on by pkev...

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
android is closer to the windows experience than ios op (clunky, sluggish at times, very accessible development so you can find endless amounts of lovely apps)

so android is probably the best fit for u

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

much better bass on android, hands down. better 3d.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Zlodo posted:

android is closer to the windows experience than ios op (clunky, sluggish at times, very accessible development so you can find endless amounts of lovely apps)

so android is probably the best fit for u

this hasn't been true since ios 7 made ios a disaster

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

android has more of ram. please shut up and buy one. then return it and buy the same phone on discount and get a free best buy gift card. like that moron in DYP. this is your destiny.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

get an android, you've been complaining poorly about apple for years, time to create some new content and complain about google whatever crappy oem you pick

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
again, the problem isn’t whether or not he should get an android, it’s if he should get an apple-branded android

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oneplus 6 has more specs than any other phone and is what you should get

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Enjoy your new MiPhone Shaggar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHDpfd2b3hc

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it has a notch. :barf:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008