Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Really its just great. gently caress the haters. This is a safe place for cigarette smoking. There is no judgment or lecturing to be had here. Smoke up Johnny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
It takes up a surprising amount of your free time and makes you smell really bad.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Menthol or go to hell

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I like smoking a lot but I'm due to make another attempt at quitting.

post-apocalyptic erotica
Jan 28, 2013
You just gotta walk that line between it being a treat and it being an addiction. It's really nice to have one or two on the weekend, maybe after a few beers, but waking up every day and lighting a smoke first thing is wholly hosed

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Oh don't get me wrong I'll still prolly smoke cigars and pipes on Sundays or something but yeah I'm overdue to try to drop cigarettes again.

E: also godamn man that first smoke of the day when you're addicted af is absolutely amazing. Same goes for that smoke after a meal and the smoke right after fuckin.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Have you tried weed my smoka

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Absolutely and I can't even express how much I miss weed since I started working in this industry.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it is. it's really cool

it's something you can do while doing nothing that makes you look relaxed and unoccupied, and it's an excuse for a small group of people to break off and go have a lower key conversation outside
it also shows a casual disregard for long-term consequences (though the coolness of this latter point waxes and wains)

I think the anti-smoking campaigns would be more successful if they admitted it's cool, instead of pretending it's not
like I don't smoke but it's not a big deal and not something to be a dick about? it's just a decision I made because I've always been reflexively paranoid that the aesthetics and mores of rebellion and counterculture seem to be things that make you sick or gently caress up your life, because, one, it's prescriptivist, which makes no loving sense, but, also, two, it seems awfully convenient for the squares for the troublemakers to be defined by self-destruction? but that's me

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Every time I see one of those truth ads or whatever I want a smoke.

E: that's not to say they're a bad thing, because they're not. But I'm a smoker so seeing an ad talking about smoking makes me want to smoke. Addiction is a shifty bitch.

*Sees a woman with a hole in her neck talk about how bad smoking is.*

Me: Welp, it is about that time.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 16, 2018

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I managed to quit smoking cigarettes by switching to e-cigs but I feel like I spend more energy justifying that habit than I ever had to spend justifying smoking. Just let me have some nicotine drat.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
gently caress that filtered poo poo

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Tom Gorman posted:

Menthol go to hell

I gotcha bro

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Highbrow Slick posted:

I managed to quit smoking cigarettes by switching to e-cigs.

same and now i can smoke inside my apartment and that basically loving rules :hellyeah:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I like jazz cigarettes OP, smoked two just this evening

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I prefer the occasional cigar

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It makes you look like a douchebag but they're tasty

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Hate to break it to you bm those were actually dudes dicks, you should get yourself checked out

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hard to beat the feeling of smoking a cigarette

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I'm on smoko, so leave me alone

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I'm one of those lucky people who can smoke a few here and there and then put them away until the occasion comes up a week or a month later. My wife has to spend a few white knuckled days trying to rid herself of the habit if she takes a puff, though. So now I don't ever smoke.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I quit back in November and my stress levels are still through the fuckin roof and I just want a roll up. If it's between smoking or drinking I'll start smoking again I reckon.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
This thread made me smoke. But it’s basically second hand smoke since the thread convinced me to do it.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Julius CSAR posted:

This thread made me smoke. But it’s basically second hand smoke since the thread convinced me to do it.

become what you were born to be

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Wanna buy some death sticks, op? :heysexy:

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
We have a smoker room in our gym. It's great. Smoking with a beer or wine is great.

*Smoking while tipping

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Why smoke when you can vape? Serious question.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Thanks for this thread, op. Think I'll go light up a cool, refreshing cigarette.

And don't forget to go easy on your T Zone (that's T for taste and T for throat). I love smoking from horseback while I wrangle the steers, my doctor recommended it!

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

I'm having a smoke right now

I cut back on smoking during the week (ie at work) and it's pretty great. Smoke in the morning on the way to work, smoke when I get home and smoke in the evening. I still let myself go a bit on weekends but thinking about it as an indulgence rather than a necessity as helped a lot. It's cut my consumption by about 50%, which also has the benefit of making each smoke more enjoyable, but ymmv

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'm out of smokes but can't be arsed to go to the store. Maybe i'll quit for a day.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
i just had a cigarette and i love those fuckers. i'll never quit smoking

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

post-apocalyptic erotica posted:

You just gotta walk that line between it being a treat and it being an addiction.

Which works with smoking about as often as it works with heroin.

I miss smoking.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

Which works with smoking about as often as it works with heroin.

I miss smoking.

If dealers were serious about addicting their clients they'd only sell the smack in packs of 20 servings.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
if you get a big enough tolerance that can be a lot less than 20 servings

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Tom Gorman posted:

Menthol or go to hell

having a Newport 100 rn

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
i''m not addicted to cigarettes, i'm addicted to being able to take a 10 minute break at work every couple of hours. i never smoke cigarettes when i'm alone.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Knew a dude as a kid who had an electrolarynx and ever since I've smoked a pack a day to try and get that sick robot voice

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Aardark posted:

Why smoke when you can vape? Serious question.

Because vapers look like assholes and smokers look cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Dregs posted:

Because vapers look like assholes and smokers look cool

• Locked thread